Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Sat Nav Australia

Sat Nav Australia

Old May 9th 2008, 7:48 pm
Just Joined

Fitterjo is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Sat Nav Australia

I am looking for a Garmin Sat Nav map of australia and found them expensive compared to Tom Tom
Does anyone know the cheapest place in the UK where I can get one?
Old May 9th 2008, 9:36 pm
BE Enthusiast

mo33 is just really nicemo33 is just really nicemo33 is just really nicemo33 is just really nicemo33 is just really nicemo33 is just really nicemo33 is just really nicemo33 is just really nicemo33 is just really nicemo33 is just really nicemo33 is just really nice
Default Re: Sat Nav Australia

My OH has just got one for our Garmin. Think it was off ebay, not sure. He's out on the pop tonight so i'll get him to reply to you tomorrow!!
Mo
Old May 10th 2008, 2:02 am

oliver1982 is an unknown quantity at this point

Pirate Bay
Old May 10th 2008, 11:41 am
BE Enthusiast

mo33 is just really nicemo33 is just really nicemo33 is just really nicemo33 is just really nicemo33 is just really nicemo33 is just really nicemo33 is just really nicemo33 is just really nicemo33 is just really nicemo33 is just really nicemo33 is just really nice

Originally Posted by oliver1982
Pirate Bay
If you mean what i think you mean then you're right!
Old May 10th 2008, 11:42 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Fitterjo
I am looking for a Garmin Sat Nav map of australia and found them expensive compared to Tom Tom
Sorry, ours was a dud off ebay, just sorting it now! Good luck with finding one.
Old May 10th 2008, 2:34 pm
Forum Regular

leigh-c will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Fitterjo
hi when i went traveling oz last year i decided to get the maps for my Garmin as well and found the same problem they were very expencive to get over here think i was quoted around £280 so just searched the net and found them cheaper to get them off a company over in Australia and send them back over here, i think it was about $265 which is about £130 sterling thats postage an all, worth a try anyway.
here is site address and email

www.gpsoz.com.au
[email protected]
Old May 10th 2008, 3:18 pm
CazBeckham

CazBeckham is on a distinguished road

I have a Tom Tom One and their web site had a sale of maps so I purchased and downloaded the Australian maps - cost was half price at £59.

They are now safely on a card awaiting for me to get to Oz and try it out

Caz
Old May 10th 2008, 3:49 pm
Forum Regular

toan is a name known to alltoan is a name known to alltoan is a name known to alltoan is a name known to alltoan is a name known to alltoan is a name known to alltoan is a name known to alltoan is a name known to alltoan is a name known to alltoan is a name known to alltoan is a name known to all

just paid £55 for tom tom map of all australia,celeb voices and speed cameras..... a bargain
He may do one for your version pm me and i'll give you details
Old May 10th 2008, 4:26 pm
CazBeckham

CazBeckham is on a distinguished road

Toan

Not sure who your post was aimed at but I have the Oz maps on a card now and cameras but celeb voices don't do it for me, had them once and they were Ok for a laugh but nahhhhhh........ will give them a miss

Caz
Old May 10th 2008, 8:30 pm
Forum Regular

dpande is a name known to alldpande is a name known to alldpande is a name known to alldpande is a name known to alldpande is a name known to alldpande is a name known to alldpande is a name known to alldpande is a name known to alldpande is a name known to alldpande is a name known to alldpande is a name known to all

I have a very old Navman icn530- the australian map software is therefore a clearance/ end-of-line product direct from the navman website £39. There is another site where the satnav itself is available for about £80 but I can't remember where, sorry.
Old May 10th 2008, 8:34 pm
Forum Regular

toan is a name known to alltoan is a name known to alltoan is a name known to alltoan is a name known to alltoan is a name known to alltoan is a name known to alltoan is a name known to alltoan is a name known to alltoan is a name known to alltoan is a name known to alltoan is a name known to all

Originally Posted by dpande
I have a very old Navman icn530- the australian map software is therefore a clearance/ end-of-line product direct from the navman website £39. There is another site where the satnav itself is available for about £80 but I can't remember where, sorry.
Hi where in brum are you from we live in bournville
Old May 10th 2008, 9:01 pm
Forum Regular

dpande is a name known to alldpande is a name known to alldpande is a name known to alldpande is a name known to alldpande is a name known to alldpande is a name known to alldpande is a name known to alldpande is a name known to alldpande is a name known to alldpande is a name known to alldpande is a name known to all

Originally Posted by toan
Hi where in brum are you from we live in bournville
Yay- found a voucher code (navnews06 if anyone needs it) giving 10% discount and free delivery- just bought it for £35.10.

PS (for toan) I am on the edge of sutton coldfield/ erdington
Old May 10th 2008, 9:46 pm
Kingscliff NSW/QLD border

the plumber is a name known to allthe plumber is a name known to allthe plumber is a name known to allthe plumber is a name known to allthe plumber is a name known to allthe plumber is a name known to allthe plumber is a name known to allthe plumber is a name known to allthe plumber is a name known to allthe plumber is a name known to allthe plumber is a name known to all

You can buy sat nav in oz .....most include oz maps from as little as $200

all the best plumb......