sandown

Old Feb 5th 2005, 10:56 am

possoms is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: sandown

Originally Posted by worzel
Hi Kay

Tracey has set you a challenge now so you have to arrange a meet! You aren't that far from thpinkpussycat and I so we would be up for it. I bet Tracey and Gary would be up for it and quite a few others of the 50+ that were at the West Midlands meet last weekend too no doubt. We would probably make a weekend of it and do some walking / sightseeing so try and get somewhere next to a hotel (Premier Travel Inn's are normally like this) and if there is a Wacky Warehouse etc even better as we can get shut of the kids for an hour If you need guidance Tracey/Gary and us are getting to be old hands at this now so drop us a note.
LOL I never said anything about ME arranging a meet it seems that you are so experienced in this wouldnt it be easier for you to arrange it honestly i wouldnt know where to start i've never been to anything like this.

Kay
Old Feb 5th 2005, 1:47 pm
Banned

GinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Tracey,

4pm on Saturday sounds like a good time. According to the programme, the last sessions start at 2.45pm and are schedules to last 40 minutes. That would then leave enough time to get to the pub in Cobham for 4pm.

Kind regards
Gina

Originally Posted by scissors
hiya everyone, a suggestion for the meet,how about.

The Fairmile Millers Kitchen,resturant and pub,at Cobham,about 3 miles away from sandown,it has a travel inn next to it if anyone wants to stop over.

What about 4pm on saturday the 19th, i thought that would be a good time for people who are not stopping over to still have time to get home

tracey.
Old Feb 5th 2005, 2:51 pm
A former regular of BE

worzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by possoms
LOL I never said anything about ME arranging a meet it seems that you are so experienced in this wouldnt it be easier for you to arrange it honestly i wouldnt know where to start i've never been to anything like this.

Kay
Its really not that difficult! Just find a pub/restaurant/hotel and publish a suggested time and date (You can either choose a Saturday night, Sunday lunch or even both) and publish it on here. Then just watch us all sign up

The advantage of starting it yourself is you can select a time / date / place of your choosing thus avoiding somewhere distant and thus the need for taxis/hotels perhaps (unless you are barred from everywhere near you of course )

There really isn't anything more to it than that except perhaps let the pub know there could a lot of us as a courtesy if it isn't that big. There are no white boards / name tags / meal bookings or anything like that. Attendees may want food in which case they buy their own and the same goes for the beer. Just like an Aussie BBQ in fact
Old Feb 5th 2005, 4:31 pm
lou-lou

lou-lou is an unknown quantity at this point

we're travelling down to sandown from derbyshire on thurs night got two day pass so will be there fri and sat if we need to.Thought u might be interested to know just booked travelodge at leatherhead 4 miles away and got a fab deal of £26 per room per night. I do like a bargain, plus we are leaving the kids behind so two nights of freedom and drinky-poos should be fun.
we are heading for Perth later this year if anyone wants to meet up at the show.
Old Feb 5th 2005, 4:33 pm
BE Forum Addict

scissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond repute

wow thats a very good deal,we missed that one,are you coming along to the meet afterwards on saturday

tracey.
Originally Posted by lou-lou
we're travelling down to sandown from derbyshire on thurs night got two day pass so will be there fri and sat if we need to.Thought u might be interested to know just booked travelodge at leatherhead 4 miles away and got a fab deal of £26 per room per night. I do like a bargain, plus we are leaving the kids behind so two nights of freedom and drinky-poos should be fun.
we are heading for Perth later this year if anyone wants to meet up at the show.
Old Feb 5th 2005, 4:46 pm
BE Enthusiast

angel17796 has a reputation beyond reputeangel17796 has a reputation beyond reputeangel17796 has a reputation beyond reputeangel17796 has a reputation beyond reputeangel17796 has a reputation beyond reputeangel17796 has a reputation beyond reputeangel17796 has a reputation beyond reputeangel17796 has a reputation beyond reputeangel17796 has a reputation beyond reputeangel17796 has a reputation beyond reputeangel17796 has a reputation beyond repute

Hi all. Im desparate to go to sandown but trying to convince partner is like pulling teeth as he wants to go to a horse racing day on the saturday and i dont get down from Scotland till the friday which leaves us with the sunday. We live in Bagshot, Surrey and he is trying to convince me that we live miles away from sandown (whereas i thought we were quite close). We also expect our TRA result soon as we have been waiting for months and if we get it before the date we will definatley be going on the sat ( he will have no choice lol)

Also as im new to the surrey area does anyone know how far away we are from the meet because i would love to go along and meet up with u all.

Cheers x
Old Feb 5th 2005, 5:08 pm
lou-lou

lou-lou is an unknown quantity at this point
Unhappy Re: sandown

Originally Posted by scissors
wow thats a very good deal,we missed that one,are you coming along to the meet afterwards on saturday

tracey.
Soz Tracey we would have loved to come along and meet you all but unfortunately have to get back to retreive kids,but we are around thurs and fri night and also at show fri and sat. I'm hairdresser also so we would have had plenty to talk about--
Old Feb 6th 2005, 9:49 am

The advantage of starting it yourself is you can select a time / date / place of your choosing thus avoiding somewhere distant and thus the need for taxis/hotels perhaps (unless you are barred from everywhere near you of course )

[QUOTE]

mmm this is the problem we are distant chesterfield 12 miles one way Sheffield 12 miles other lot of country pubs in surrounding areas that you need to drive to no proper taxi services local we are out in the sticks bus every 2 hours and all that. And to be honest with you i aint paying to stay in a hotel in Sheffield or Chesterfield.

Kay

Last edited by possoms; Feb 6th 2005 at 10:07 am.
Old Feb 6th 2005, 10:04 am
gsb
Cake or Death

gsb has a reputation beyond reputegsb has a reputation beyond reputegsb has a reputation beyond reputegsb has a reputation beyond reputegsb has a reputation beyond reputegsb has a reputation beyond reputegsb has a reputation beyond reputegsb has a reputation beyond reputegsb has a reputation beyond reputegsb has a reputation beyond reputegsb has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Kay

12 miles......that is just a pleasant stroll........

We had people travel to balsall common (between B'ham and Covenrty) from Lincoln, Peterborough, Nottingham and runcorn...... which is a tad more than 12mils. So as you can see, it is not the diatance that will be prohibitive. What stops people from going is the actual date and time.

If you want to arrange a meet, then all you have to do is test the water. Put a post up about the possibility of having one in or near sheffield (or where ever YOU want it) and based on the responses you will know if it is at all worthwhile. I would say that Sheffield has the added bonus of medowhall. But hey, that is up to you as you are organising it....

Best of luck, Gary

distant chesterfield 12 miles one way Sheffield 12 miles other.

Kay
Old Feb 6th 2005, 11:08 am
BE Forum Addict

scissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond repute

hi lou lou,sorry i would love to have a chat with you but we re going down on saturday morning and coming home on sunday,so looks like we ll miss each other,where are you heading.

tracey.
Originally Posted by lou-lou
Soz Tracey we would have loved to come along and meet you all but unfortunately have to get back to retreive kids,but we are around thurs and fri night and also at show fri and sat. I'm hairdresser also so we would have had plenty to talk about--
Old Feb 6th 2005, 3:09 pm
I'm watching YOU...

thpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond reputethpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond reputethpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond reputethpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond reputethpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond reputethpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond reputethpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond reputethpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond reputethpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond reputethpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond reputethpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by GinaUK
Hi Tracey,

4pm on Saturday sounds like a good time. According to the programme, the last sessions start at 2.45pm and are schedules to last 40 minutes. That would then leave enough time to get to the pub in Cobham for 4pm.

Kind regards
Gina
Location has changed to the one at Chessington still from 4pm onwards info as follows:

http://www.travelinn.co.uk/TI/index.jsp?page=inn&id=41

see you there
Sam
Old Feb 6th 2005, 3:10 pm
I'm watching YOU...

thpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond reputethpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond reputethpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond reputethpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond reputethpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond reputethpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond reputethpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond reputethpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond reputethpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond reputethpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond reputethpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=possoms]The advantage of starting it yourself is you can select a time / date / place of your choosing thus avoiding somewhere distant and thus the need for taxis/hotels perhaps (unless you are barred from everywhere near you of course )

mmm this is the problem we are distant chesterfield 12 miles one way Sheffield 12 miles other lot of country pubs in surrounding areas that you need to drive to no proper taxi services local we are out in the sticks bus every 2 hours and all that. And to be honest with you i aint paying to stay in a hotel in Sheffield or Chesterfield.

Kay

Build it, sorry arrange it and they will come!!
Old Feb 6th 2005, 6:39 pm

Kelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=possoms]The advantage of starting it yourself is you can select a time / date / place of your choosing thus avoiding somewhere distant and thus the need for taxis/hotels perhaps (unless you are barred from everywhere near you of course )

Kay
come on kay im going to london meet and im in newcastle :scared: im really dedicated
Old Feb 6th 2005, 8:30 pm

Originally Posted by kelli28
come on kay im going to london meet and im in newcastle :scared: im really dedicated
Hey why dont we have it in Newcastle
Old Feb 6th 2005, 10:05 pm

Kelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by possoms
Hey why dont we have it in Newcastle
ok shall check my social calender to see when im free

will get back with possible dates

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.