Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Same **** Different Bucket!!!!!!

Same **** Different Bucket!!!!!!

Old Oct 22nd 2005, 8:45 am
Forum Regular

Aussie_Pride will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Same S!it Different Bucket!!!!!!

Originally Posted by samnrob2
I know what grayling's response to this is going to be

Good luck sharon with the move...you'll only know whether you can live here until you move here. Each person on here has different needs and experiences to you which makes this site somewhat pointless sometimes.

Apart from the banter which is quite good!

R
At last some-one has said it,i to find this site a bit pointless at times,it is up to everyone to make there own mind up,it sometomes feel people just come on here to reassure themselves they are doing the right thing and when some-ones say's the wrong thing look out you are in for some s**t
Old Oct 22nd 2005, 8:47 am

martin and sharon is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Aussie_Pride
At last some-one has said it,i to find this site a bit pointless at times,it is up to everyone to make there own mind up,it sometomes feel people just come on here to reassure themselves they are doing the right thing and when some-ones say's the wrong thing look out you are in for some s**t

What exactly IS the wrong thing?
Old Oct 22nd 2005, 8:49 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by martin and sharon
What exactly IS the wrong thing?
LOL Think it depends what day it is
Old Oct 22nd 2005, 8:51 am

Originally Posted by Aussie_Pride
LOL

Can anyone tell me the answer to what I originally asked? Why do the majority of Brits reurn to the U.K? Is it because of the state of the country or is because of homesickness?
Old Oct 22nd 2005, 8:52 am

fireeater is just really nicefireeater is just really nicefireeater is just really nicefireeater is just really nicefireeater is just really nicefireeater is just really nicefireeater is just really nicefireeater is just really nicefireeater is just really nice

Can anyone tell me the answer to what I originally asked? Why do the majority of Brits reurn to the U.K? Is it because of the state of the country or is because of homesickness?
No I can't tell you, but why dos it matter?
Old Oct 22nd 2005, 8:55 am

Originally Posted by fireeater
No I can't tell you, but why dos it matter?

It doesn`t. But my original point was to find out why it was being compared to the U.K (Same sh!t different bucket).
I`ll have to go shortly though. I need to buy myself a brand new shiny bucket and go and polish my rose-tinted spectacles.

Sharon
Old Oct 22nd 2005, 8:58 am

fireeater is just really nicefireeater is just really nicefireeater is just really nicefireeater is just really nicefireeater is just really nicefireeater is just really nicefireeater is just really nicefireeater is just really nicefireeater is just really nice

Well if it doesn't matter, can we now take this thread totally off topic, and start talking about washing machines
Old Oct 22nd 2005, 8:59 am
Ex BE ***** Addict

arkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond repute

Why did YOU go in the first place. Why has it not worked out for you. I am taking on board the bad comments but I am not hearing what the bad things are. All i hear is "Don`t diss the U.K, nowhere is perfect,there is crime everywhere. but no-one says exactly what is bad. O.K Grayling showed me a newspaper article, nd yes it was bad. I also know that Paradise doesn`t exist.
Once again, Why did you go in the first place and why do you want to come back. I never said anything in life is easy!
Do an advanced search on my name and you will get a flavour for why I don't like it here. It's only my opinion and my experiances, but read them and it will save me having to retype them all here.
Old Oct 22nd 2005, 8:59 am
Forum Regular

Sorry think it is a mixture but it can be anything, think it is too broader a question to ask so Meany people on here do end up going home for so many reasons,but until you have been here you will not know if you like it or not or want to go home for another reason.Some people go home for financial reasons cant find the right work at the right pay homesick or just dont like the country.Some have gone back to the UK and then come back to oz ,some have gone back and then gone to a different country like the USA NZ or even Europe, everyone is different so that makes it a hard one to answer
Old Oct 22nd 2005, 9:00 am

Well if it doesn't matter, can we now take this thread totally off topic, and start talking about washing machines

Not only can we talk about washing machines, I`ll even do the washing for you! (Didn`t realise I`d p!ss so many people off!)

Cheers for your comments

Sharon
Old Oct 22nd 2005, 9:00 am
Forum Regular

Top loader or front loader we say front loader
Old Oct 22nd 2005, 9:02 am

Not only can we talk about washing machines, I`ll even do the washing for you! (Didn`t realise I`d p!ss so many people off!)

Cheers for your comments

Sharon
Not sure you've pissed anyone off...just different opinions
Old Oct 22nd 2005, 9:03 am
Living the Dream!

Mrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond repute

Familiar phrase to anyone????
I`m sick of people putting Australia down so much and comparing it tho the UK.

O.K. so Australia has crime too. Doesn`t everywhere? But what I want to ask is ....The majority of Brits leaving the U.K seem to be doing so because of the state of the country. i.e:- crime rates, illegal immigrants, yob culture etc. etc.
Now, the majority of Brits that return to the U.K seem to be doing so due to homesickness, not because of the state of the place. So, instead of banging on about people wearing rose-tinted glasses, try supporting them instead!
Opinions are one thing. Sh!iting in buckets is another.

Sharon

I'm one of those brits who want to leave because of the state of the country. Don't get me wrong, there are some things I love about UK, but escalating crime rates is not one of them. i have other far more sensible reasons for wanting to go to Oz too, but I can understand what Sharon is saying here.
Old Oct 22nd 2005, 9:03 am
Forum Regular

Cheers for your comments

Sharon
Don't think you have p!ssed them of it is just that we seem to get a lot of the same threads about the same thing ,if you do a search you will find other post about this hope that helps
Old Oct 22nd 2005, 9:05 am

Originally Posted by arkon
Do an advanced search on my name and you will get a flavour for why I don't like it here. It's only my opinion and my experiances, but read them and it will save me having to retype them all here.

Sorry for p!ssing you off so much! I guess that deep down maybe I`m just scared sh!tless of the big move. I have never been before and am not planning on a trip before hand. Could be that I end up in the same situation as yourself and be really annoyed at someone asking the same question as I did. The thing is, i won`t know till I get there! I hope that all my dreams and expectations will not be shatted once I am there.

Take care

Sharon

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.