Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Same **** Different Bucket!!!!!!

Same **** Different Bucket!!!!!!

Old Oct 23rd 2005, 7:23 am
Account Closed

suzy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Same S!it Different Bucket!!!!!!

[QUOTE=The Bowles Family]how many ppl do you think will read this thread and think we are mental ? "

I do

" i am goin to try and behave myself " :eek

Fat chance
Old Oct 23rd 2005, 8:41 am
Forum Regular

The Bowles Family has a brilliant futureThe Bowles Family has a brilliant futureThe Bowles Family has a brilliant futureThe Bowles Family has a brilliant futureThe Bowles Family has a brilliant futureThe Bowles Family has a brilliant future

[QUOTE=suzy]
Originally Posted by The Bowles Family
how many ppl do you think will read this thread and think we are mental ? "

I do

" i am goin to try and behave myself " :eek

Fat chance
good morning suzy hows you? oooo my head hurts today lol i have been reading all my posts from last night! I can only say it was the demon I had a great laugh others will get one from reading mine and Sels posts I hope apologies members for my nonsense will be a good girl from now on
Old Oct 23rd 2005, 9:14 am
BE Forum Addict

tracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sel
This is my baby ... I would love to have another but we will see ... it will take me a while to get over selling her

This is Snitch ... the fat mutt
Hi Sel,
She is a beauty. I have just sold my daughters Connemara. She wasnt too upset as we started part loaning her out a few months back to make the whole thing a bit more gradual for her. The girl who was loaning her went on to buy her. The stables are also just down the road from us so my daughter can visit her whenever she wants. Up to now she has chosen not to, maybe this is easier for her!!!

I felt so bad about taking her pony away I went and bought her a chihuahua . I had promised my younger 2 they could get a dog over in Aus, but seeing as we should already be there but still waiting on my house sale, I thought I would get them one now. Yes, I have got my son one too so he wouldnt feel left out .

I havent got a price o ship them yet but the bloke at Golden arrow said the chihuahua will cost around £1000 plus the extras such as quarantine etc. No idea how much the other one will cost.. Whatever, can't put a price on the kids happiness.

I have read a lot of good reports about dogs going to Oz on here so have no worries about ours. If I thought they would have problems I wouldnt have got them

Tracey
Old Oct 23rd 2005, 9:27 am
BE Forum Addict

tracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=The Bowles Family][QUOTE=suzy]

good morning suzy hows you? oooo my head hurts today lol i have been reading all my posts from last night! I can only say it was the demon I had a great laugh others will get one from reading mine and Sels posts I hope apologies members for my nonsense will be a good girl from now on QUOTE]

Have just been catching up. Have you been to bed or have you been here all night . I think you really are addicted .

Whats the chance of you getting your flooring done? About the same as my decorating being done. This site has a lot to answer for. I have spent many an hour on here when i am supposed to be decorating . Still got a fair bit done yesterday and have just about finished the front room. Just need to clean the floor and hang the new curtains etc. Will do that today and then its on with the dining room

Tracey
Old Oct 23rd 2005, 9:42 am
Forum Regular

The Bowles Family has a brilliant futureThe Bowles Family has a brilliant futureThe Bowles Family has a brilliant futureThe Bowles Family has a brilliant futureThe Bowles Family has a brilliant futureThe Bowles Family has a brilliant future

[QUOTE=tracey.d][QUOTE=The Bowles Family]
Originally Posted by suzy

good morning suzy hows you? oooo my head hurts today lol i have been reading all my posts from last night! I can only say it was the demon I had a great laugh others will get one from reading mine and Sels posts I hope apologies members for my nonsense will be a good girl from now on QUOTE]

Have just been catching up. Have you been to bed or have you been here all night . I think you really are addicted .

Whats the chance of you getting your flooring done? About the same as my decorating being done. This site has a lot to answer for. I have spent many an hour on here when i am supposed to be decorating . Still got a fair bit done yesterday and have just about finished the front room. Just need to clean the floor and hang the new curtains etc. Will do that today and then its on with the dining room

Tracey
Morning Tracey

hi i am glad it all worked out for you with the pony and the kids are ok i am also looking into prices for our dogs as we cant leave them either, no lol i havent been here all night but had to get up early to get the kitchen ready have stubbed my toe moving the washing machine and just broken the handle on our loo! arrrr one of those days yes i think i am addicted to this site but just joined so hoping its a phase (no chance) was great laugh with Sel last nite good introduction to the site hope there are many more nights like that xx
Old Oct 23rd 2005, 9:49 am
BE Forum Addict

[QUOTE=The Bowles Family][QUOTE=tracey.d]

Morning Tracey

hi i am glad it all worked out for you with the pony and the kids are ok i am also looking into prices for our dogs as we cant leave them either, no lol i havent been here all night but had to get up early to get the kitchen ready have stubbed my toe moving the washing machine and just broken the handle on our loo! arrrr one of those days yes i think i am addicted to this site but just joined so hoping its a phase (no chance) was great laugh with Sel last nite good introduction to the site hope there are many more nights like that xx

Yes, it can be a laugh.

You arent having a very good day are you!!! I think you should tell your hubby that you are best keeping out of the way and leaving it in his capable hands, then you can stay on the computer .

I am really going to have to get on soon. Changed agent at the beginning of August and still havent had my internal photos done etc. as I want to finish the decorating. Have only just gone in last week and signed the papers for them to go ahead and send my details out to prospective buyers. if I dont get sorted I will never sell it.
Old Oct 23rd 2005, 9:54 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by tracey.d

Yes, it can be a laugh.

You arent having a very good day are you!!! I think you should tell your hubby that you are best keeping out of the way and leaving it in his capable hands, then you can stay on the computer .

I am really going to have to get on soon. Changed agent at the beginning of August and still havent had my internal photos done etc. as I want to finish the decorating. Have only just gone in last week and signed the papers for them to go ahead and send my details out to prospective buyers. if I dont get sorted I will never sell it.
I know finishing the decorating you hope will sell it quicker? we dont have a house to sell we were about to buy this house and then started thinking about the move we are wondering about buying it to rent it out as we would need to keep it for three years before selling trying to work out what is best is driving us mad ( i am mad enough i blame my job driving me to ) hope it all works out for you, can i ask why Oz? (nosey me!)
Old Oct 23rd 2005, 10:02 am
BE Forum Addict

[QUOTE=The Bowles Family][QUOTE=tracey.d]

I know finishing the decorating you hope will sell it quicker? we dont have a house to sell we were about to buy this house and then started thinking about the move we are wondering about buying it to rent it out as we would need to keep it for three years before selling trying to work out what is best is driving us mad ( i am mad enough i blame my job driving me to ) hope it all works out for you, can i ask why Oz? (nosey me!)

It isn't anything to do with crime, education, jobs, youth culture or anything else that you find wherever you may go.

It is mainly for the experience. To give my kids a new outlook on life and for them to be able to see that it is a big world out there for them to explore. There are a lot of people with the mindset that where they live is the be all and end all. They live in the same estate from kids to old age, although I am not knocking their choices I want my kids to be more open minded. If they have the knowledge of the world and decide to come back here and live the rest of their days here then that is their choice and I will respect it. I just want them to see that there is more to life.

For me, I am going for the adventure, education and fun of it all. If it doesn't work out then I can return but I am determined to have a good shot at it.

I cant wait

Tracey
Old Oct 23rd 2005, 10:08 am
Forum Regular

It isn't anything to do with crime, education, jobs, youth culture or anything else that you find wherever you may go.

It is mainly for the experience. To give my kids a new outlook on life and for them to be able to see that it is a big world out there for them to explore. There are a lot of people with the mindset that where they live is the be all and end all. They live in the same estate from kids to old age, although I am not knocking their choices I want my kids to be more open minded. If they have the knowledge of the world and decide to come back here and live the rest of their days here then that is their choice and I will respect it. I just want them to see that there is more to life.

For me, I am going for the adventure, education and fun of it all. If it doesn't work out then I can return but I am determined to have a good shot at it.

I cant wait

Tracey
we are the same as you it be a great adventure and something to always remember, we are still not exactly where to go but where ever we end up we will do the same as you best attitude to have, we have been looking at the EU mainly Spain for awhile then saw alot of jobs for us in Oz and now focusing on there its all really exciting so going to send in the TRA see how we get on then take it from there, i have to go now and get organised guys arriving to lay flooring at 11.30
Old Oct 23rd 2005, 10:13 am
Ex BE ***** Addict

arkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond repute

I cant wait

Tracey
Tracy are you saying your bringing your kids to OZ to experience more of the world and have a more open mind? I'm not having a go, nor do I wish to start a flame but IMO Oz will give them a contracted world view, If I wanted my kids to know more of the world then the only place to do it is home in the UK with Europe and the states on your doorstep, plus media that acknowledges the rest of the world exists. If I choose to keep my kid isolated from the real world then Australia IS the place for me to stay.
Old Oct 23rd 2005, 10:19 am
Forum Regular

[QUOTE=arkon][QUOTE=tracey.d]
Tracy are you saying your bringing your kids to OZ to experience more of the world and have a more open mind? I'm not having a go, nor do I wish to start a flame but IMO Oz will give them a contracted world view, If I wanted my kids to know more of the world then the only place to do it is home in the UK with Europe and the states on your doorstep, plus media that acknowledges the rest of the world exists. If I choose to keep my kid isolated from the real world then Australia IS the place for me to stay.
Hi Arkon

I feel the same as Tracey about her reasons for moving, as parents we want to show our son you can do what you put your mind to etc he has only ever lived in Scotland and it will be a great learning curve for us all as a family, Kieran (our son) will also we feel benefit and learn much more going there than he will sitting in his class room here, i do not wish to start a flame as i am wearing flammable clothing and do not wish to be sorched how many kids do you have? i think we are all different in our reasons for moving. xx
Old Oct 23rd 2005, 10:48 am
Ex BE ***** Addict

arkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=The Bowles Family][QUOTE=arkon]

Hi Arkon

I feel the same as Tracey about her reasons for moving, as parents we want to show our son you can do what you put your mind to etc he has only ever lived in Scotland and it will be a great learning curve for us all as a family, Kieran (our son) will also we feel benefit and learn much more going there than he will sitting in his class room here, i do not wish to start a flame as i am wearing flammable clothing and do not wish to be sorched how many kids do you have? i think we are all different in our reasons for moving. xx
Just the one and pretty new. I too thought before we left that Australia must be a better place to bring up a child, but now I've got one and I'm over here I most definately don't think its the right place for him and his future. You can't dictate what your kids end up doing but you can try and forarm them for thier life to come, And I just think I will be selling him short if he stays here. We are going to get him citizenship and a passport so when he is old enough to decide for himself he can come back if he wants, where he can be a piranah in the fish tank rather than the limpet.
Old Oct 23rd 2005, 11:43 am
BE Forum Addict

[QUOTE=arkon][QUOTE=The Bowles Family]
Originally Posted by arkon
Just the one and pretty new. I too thought before we left that Australia must be a better place to bring up a child, but now I've got one and I'm over here I most definately don't think its the right place for him and his future. You can't dictate what your kids end up doing but you can try and forarm them for thier life to come, And I just think I will be selling him short if he stays here. We are going to get him citizenship and a passport so when he is old enough to decide for himself he can come back if he wants, where he can be a piranah in the fish tank rather than the limpet.

What were your reasons for going to Australia originally and what is it that you don't like? How long have you been over there? I thought that it had not been long, but may be wrong.

Not being funny, just genuinely interested., I know you have had a fair bit of flack on here of late but am not sure of your circumstances

Tracey
Old Oct 23rd 2005, 12:14 pm
Forum Regular

[QUOTE=arkon][QUOTE=The Bowles Family]
Originally Posted by arkon
well we might end up feeling the same as you but want to go and try it out, you have your sons best interest at heart and thats all that matters.I hope it will be a great place to spend a few years for our son and us sorry its not what you had hoped but at least you tried.

nichola x
Old Oct 23rd 2005, 12:29 pm
Australia's Doorman

Hutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Same **** Different Bucket!!!!!!

Can't wait to get our son started at school there. He'll have about six months off before starting (he's just turned four) and then attend the school across the road from my parent's house. My father is on the PTA there (he's a retired English teacher with over 30 years experience) and he said the curriculum was far more rounded than in the UK and that they were far happier to let the kids be kids, before starting them on the examination and testing conveyor belt. At the school our son attends in the UK (one of the top 10 primary's in the country), he is already being tested on a daily basis which I personally find appalling. Both government and parents in this country seem obsessed with exams and whilst I agree there is always going to be a need for qualifications, I think children should also be allowed to be children.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.