Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Same **** Different Bucket!!!!!!

Same **** Different Bucket!!!!!!

Old Oct 22nd 2005, 1:42 pm

martin and sharon is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Same S!it Different Bucket!!!!!!

Originally Posted by HUP
The amount of whinging that your doing it strikes me as your the sort of person who only sees the negative. Is it that your fed up of seeing the negative or is it you were bored and you wanted to see if you could stir up a shit storm?

Nope to either of those. If I only saw the negatives I wouldn`t be happy anywhere would I? If I only saw the negatives I would think everywhere was shit wouldn`t I? And if I only wanted to stir up a bit of shit.........then I`d post a thread about the knob that has sent me this message.

Old Oct 22nd 2005, 1:43 pm
Forum Regular

Aussie_Pride will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by martin and sharon
It isn`t your job to sell it to me. But if it is so easy for people to give me the NEGATIVES......why do they find it so hard to give me the POSITIVES?

You`re right. BritishExpats is a SUPPORT network. A little more emphasis on Support wouldn`t go amiss!
Yer fair one For all the negative point people put up about Australia there are just as many good point's nice weather,no real smog only really get heavy traffic in the city crime is here but more spread out and mostly in the poorer part's (watch me get shot for that one )Some loverly places to visit lots of outdoor things to do when not to hot depending were you live just to name a few hope that helps you a bit more .But after saying all that i am moving to England but i do not hate Australia
Old Oct 22nd 2005, 1:46 pm

Originally Posted by Aussie_Pride
Yer fair one For all the negative point people put up about Australia there are just as many good point's nice weather,no real smog only really get heavy traffic in the city crime is here but more spread out and mostly in the poorer part's (watch me get shot for that one )Some loverly places to visit lots of outdoor things to do when not to hot depending were you live just to name a few hope that helps you a bit more .But after saying all that i am moving to England but i do not hate Australia

Knew I could rely on you for a decent comment. I`ve had loads of good messages and advice. I think people have missed the ones on washing machines! I`ve offficially been called a whinger! All that coming from someone who keeps a rabbit up their arse (well they was called Hutch)
Old Oct 22nd 2005, 1:47 pm
BE Forum Addict

NKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond repute

You`re missing my point. I am going to Australia full of enthusiasm and expectations. To have people comparing it to the UK say there are the same problems just pisses me off. I`m not so naive as to think that Australia is perfect and paradise, but i do think that it has got more to offer than where i am living now. Yes UK has got it`s good points, and no I don`t talk about them enough (if indeed at all), but this is to reassure myself that what i am doing is right. No-one is right or wrong but a lot of people are only half reading what i have said or are reading someone elses comments.
Hi Sharon (or is it Martin?),

Just thought I'd add mime......

You may have noticed that I've moaned about everything since I've been here - weather, supermarkets, education, the lot.

I've also moaned about the UK - although I have absolutely no time for the anti-immigrants/anti-Blair brigade - it's just bullshit - the UK is a better place today than it has been in 30 years (IMO). My biggest moan about the UK is the weather and the state of the youth culture in schools.

Perth (can't speak about anywhere else) is a fine place. Me and my wife were talking earlier - we have absolutely no money and yet we still manage to have a great time here. I'm not quite sure how it really works but it does. I wake up every morning with a spring in my step and yet in the Uk i used to wake up thinking 'there must be more to life...'

If you listen to some people's purely statisical arguments you will do the sums and realise that it won't work but there is something about Perth which seems to make it work.

And the whingers really did drive me mad when I was in the UK - but I now forgive them (probably because I'm one of them!). Australia really does have some shit things going on but you just need to let off some steam now and again - this forum is a great place to do so. Just don't take it too much to heart - get your bags packed and get over here - just remember - always have a Plan B!!

Knew I could rely on you for a decent comment. I`ve had loads of good messages and advice. I think people have missed the ones on washing machines! I`ve offficially been called a whinger! All that coming from someone who keeps a rabbit up their arse (well they was called Hutch)
My mistake HUP. (Don`t know where you keep your rabbit)!
Forum Regular

Aussie_Pride will become famous soon enough

LOL good one
Old Oct 22nd 2005, 1:51 pm

Originally Posted by NKSK version 2
Hi Sharon (or is it Martin?),

Just thought I'd add mime......

You may have noticed that I've moaned about everything since I've been here - weather, supermarkets, education, the lot.

I've also moaned about the UK - although I have absolutely no time for the anti-immigrants/anti-Blair brigade - it's just bullshit - the UK is a better place today than it has been in 30 years (IMO). My biggest moan about the UK is the weather and the state of the youth culture in schools.

Perth (can't speak about anywhere else) is a fine place. Me and my wife were talking earlier - we have absolutely no money and yet we still manage to have a great time here. I'm not quite sure how it really works but it does. I wake up every morning with a spring in my step and yet in the Uk i used to wake up thinking 'there must be more to life...'

If you listen to some people's purely statisical arguments you will do the sums and realise that it won't work but there is something about Perth which seems to make it work.

And the whingers really did drive me mad when I was in the UK - but I now forgive them (probably because I'm one of them!). Australia really does have some shit things going on but you just need to let off some steam now and again - this forum is a great place to do so. Just don't take it too much to heart - get your bags packed and get over here - just remember - always have a Plan B!!
Glad you want us there! I wake up every morning thinking the same as you did. There must be more to life. Ask a question like "why do so many people compare it to the U.K" in a negative way, and i get my head bitten off (hope it made them throw up).
As for plan B. It will be shortly followed by C.D and if necessary E.

Cheers and hello to Perth!
Old Oct 22nd 2005, 1:59 pm
sel
~~~

sel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE= Cheers and hello to Perth! [/QUOTE]

Abso ... bloody ... lutely I will drink to that !!!

P.S I prefer the term "shinier" bucket ... I want to see that sun glinting in it so much that I never take my tinted specs off
Old Oct 22nd 2005, 2:00 pm
BE Forum Addict

NKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond repute

I've now got to the stage in life when I realise that the Uk is a fantastic country.

But it's just not for me.

Does that make sense?

So, I can talk about the great aspects of the country and yet after all of this, I just don't want to live there long term.

One major aspect is one of the issues that a lot people talk about on here - the weather. People say that you shouldn't move acrose the world for the weather.

I disagree.

You should.

We have.
Old Oct 22nd 2005, 2:01 pm
HUP
Brain Drained

HUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond repute

My mistake HUP. (Don`t know where you keep your rabbit)!

Jeez theyre so predictable arn't they . Night Sharon I can't even be bothered with you cos you've got a potty mouth and nothing new to say. Now I might have stuck arond if youd had a potty mouth and something interesting to say.

I'll pop back tomorrow to see the thread spiral to page 50 with pages more of your inane drivel.

See ya GT
Old Oct 22nd 2005, 2:04 pm

Originally Posted by sel
Abso ... bloody ... lutely I will drink to that !!!

P.S I prefer the term "shinier" bucket ... I want to see that sun glinting in it so much that I never take my tinted specs off

Would you like a duster sent to shine your bucket? It`s nice to see that some people have a sense of humour!

Go on........have another one

Sharon
Old Oct 22nd 2005, 2:05 pm

Originally Posted by HUP
Jeez theyre so predictable arn't they . Night Sharon I can't even be bothered with you cos you've got a potty mouth and nothing new to say. Now I might have stuck arond if youd had a potty mouth and something interesting to say.

I'll pop back tomorrow to see the thread spiral to page 50 with pages more of your inane drivel.

See ya GT

See ya? not on your life!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old Oct 22nd 2005, 2:07 pm

fireeater is just really nicefireeater is just really nicefireeater is just really nicefireeater is just really nicefireeater is just really nicefireeater is just really nicefireeater is just really nicefireeater is just really nicefireeater is just really nice

hmmmm, I'm away for an hour and it goes all serious
Old Oct 22nd 2005, 2:07 pm
sel
~~~

sel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond repute

Would you like a duster sent to shine your bucket? It`s nice to see that some people have a sense of humour!

Go on........have another one

Sharon
Yes please ... and some Mr sheen

Always up for another
Old Oct 22nd 2005, 2:11 pm
Account Closed

suzy is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by fireeater
hmmmm, I'm away for an hour and it goes all serious
Oh hallo Man from Willy. I won't be serious. I was pming peeps and just caught up too.

suzy x

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.