Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Salary sacrificing????help please!

Salary sacrificing????help please!

Old Apr 30th 2005, 9:31 am
BE Enthusiast

gdcollectables is a name known to allgdcollectables is a name known to allgdcollectables is a name known to allgdcollectables is a name known to allgdcollectables is a name known to allgdcollectables is a name known to allgdcollectables is a name known to allgdcollectables is a name known to allgdcollectables is a name known to allgdcollectables is a name known to allgdcollectables is a name known to all
Default Re: Salary sacrificing????help please!

Hi

am I right in saying that you don't have to use it for a car and it can be used for mortgage payments, rent, a credit card, etc?

Are you able to Salary Sacrifice if you are weekly paid and your company runs this scheme?

Thanks
Old Apr 30th 2005, 10:03 am
Forum Regular

Muzzman is an unknown quantity at this point

I am trying to do this at the moment as most people at work do. I think you can sacrifice upto $17,000, and can include mortgage, rates and domestic bills. We have a viridian line of credit so I don't know how it will work yet. Karen
Old Apr 30th 2005, 10:23 am
ABCDiamond

Originally Posted by gdcollectables
Hi

am I right in saying that you don't have to use it for a car and it can be used for mortgage payments, rent, a credit card, etc?

Are you able to Salary Sacrifice if you are weekly paid and your company runs this scheme?

Thanks
Yes it can.

We checked on this for ourselves, but it wasn't a cost benefit. For some people it will be, for others it won't.

There are some groups of employers who get FBT treatment a different way, and for them it works very well.

Old Apr 30th 2005, 1:05 pm
Account Closed

ANA123 is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks all for your help, its clear as mud now
Will have to find out the figures and try and work out if this will be better for us,
Cheers,
Michaela