Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

IT Salaries - Perth

IT Salaries - Perth

Old Nov 29th 2005, 11:29 am
BE Enthusiast

chr1sarter has a spectacular aura aboutchr1sarter has a spectacular aura aboutchr1sarter has a spectacular aura about
Default IT Salaries - Perth

For all that are wondering what you might get paid in IT in Perth, attached is a short summary of salaries offered for November 2005. It was sent to me by my Recruitment consultant, after i had negotiated with the company chasing me now, for a better package and got it.
Perth is suffering from massive skills shortages, and even in IT they will pay more if you stick to your guns.

hope it helps.

If the attachment doesn't work i will try again
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
salary_index___perth___itt.pdf (445.6 KB, 242 views)
Old Nov 29th 2005, 11:42 am
Forum Regular

nomayaja has a spectacular aura aboutnomayaja has a spectacular aura aboutnomayaja has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: IT Salaries - Perth

Originally Posted by chr1sarter
For all that are wondering what you might get paid in IT in Perth, attached is a short summary of salaries offered for November 2005. It was sent to me by my Recruitment consultant, after i had negotiated with the company chasing me now, for a better package and got it.
Perth is suffering from massive skills shortages, and even in IT they will pay more if you stick to your guns.

hope it helps.

Thanks so much for your post. I'll get my husband to read it. His biggest worry about going to Perth is not finding a good job. He's very happy with his job now but will have to quit when we move :scared:

Thanks
Marina
Old Nov 29th 2005, 11:53 am
BE Enthusiast

chr1sarter has a spectacular aura aboutchr1sarter has a spectacular aura aboutchr1sarter has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by nomayaja
Thanks so much for your post. I'll get my husband to read it. His biggest worry about going to Perth is not finding a good job. He's very happy with his job now but will have to quit when we move :scared:

Thanks
Marina
I know a good recruitment consultant who actually works hard in finding you a job. Anyone interested just PM me, and i will send you his email.
Old Nov 29th 2005, 12:38 pm
You sip .... I glug !!!

Vegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by chr1sarter

hope it helps.

Working purely on the basis of what my previous and current companies were / are paying the IT bods, I have to say these salaries seem very, very low. Are they talking staff salaries or contract salaries?

As an example, previous company had a system architect who was paid $120 per hour (contract) which equates to about $200k per year and an IT help desk manager who was on $80 per hour ($140k pa) yet your chart says they should have been earning at least 40-50% less. The help desk support chappies in my current company are earning about $75-115k pa yet your chart suggests they should be on $35-45K pa.

Something is not right here