Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Salaries in Cairns??

Salaries in Cairns??

Old Oct 5th 2006, 12:11 pm
BE Enthusiast

macker is a glorious beacon of lightmacker is a glorious beacon of lightmacker is a glorious beacon of lightmacker is a glorious beacon of lightmacker is a glorious beacon of lightmacker is a glorious beacon of lightmacker is a glorious beacon of lightmacker is a glorious beacon of lightmacker is a glorious beacon of lightmacker is a glorious beacon of lightmacker is a glorious beacon of light
Default Salaries in Cairns??

Hi,

Somebody I know has asked me to get some info for them. Her husband has been offered a job in Cairns via sponsership. The wage offered was in around the 85k AUD mark. I know nothing about Cairns and the cost of living there........Would this be considered a good wage there? - They have one child and one on the way. Any help would be greatly appreciated as they have to make a decision soon. Many thanks in advance.
Old Oct 5th 2006, 12:40 pm
BE Forum Addict

steandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Salaries in Cairns??

Originally Posted by macker
Hi,

Somebody I know has asked me to get some info for them. Her husband has been offered a job in Cairns via sponsership. The wage offered was in around the 85k AUD mark. I know nothing about Cairns and the cost of living there........Would this be considered a good wage there? - They have one child and one on the way. Any help would be greatly appreciated as they have to make a decision soon. Many thanks in advance.
Yes, $85K in Cairns will be fine for 2 adults / 2 kids.
Old Oct 5th 2006, 12:48 pm
I am not the Messiah!

Carruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of light
Wink Re: Salaries in Cairns??

Originally Posted by macker
Hi,

Hello,

Could you please let us know what sort of job he has been offered for that amount?

That seems very good for here!

R.
Old Oct 5th 2006, 1:24 pm
BE Enthusiast

macker is a glorious beacon of lightmacker is a glorious beacon of lightmacker is a glorious beacon of lightmacker is a glorious beacon of lightmacker is a glorious beacon of lightmacker is a glorious beacon of lightmacker is a glorious beacon of lightmacker is a glorious beacon of lightmacker is a glorious beacon of lightmacker is a glorious beacon of lightmacker is a glorious beacon of light

Hi,

I'm not 100 percent sure exactly what the position is but he is an electrician and has a Bachelors in Electrical Building Design. I will find out.

I think this offer came out of the blue so to speak and I know that they can apply for pr...........................

They were just wondering if it was a good wage before they consider upping sticks and heading off. Sounds promising though so thank you - I will let them know .
Old Oct 5th 2006, 1:31 pm
BE Forum Addict

cadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of light

I have just been offered $70k + super (I'm a structural CAD Drafter) in Cairns.

My wife will be getting around $48k + shift allowances as a Psychiatric Nurse

HTH

Andy
Old Oct 5th 2006, 1:40 pm
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute

85k is an excellent wage for Cairns.
Old Oct 5th 2006, 1:49 pm
I am not the Messiah!

Carruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of light
Wink Re: Salaries in Cairns??

Originally Posted by Bix
85k is an excellent wage for Cairns.
I would be happy with 50K but there is not much call for IT here!

Mind you, getting in to quite a routine with the kids now and school runs etc. Just need to sort out some coffee mornings soon!

My wife on the other hand has been working flat out though.

R.