Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

A Sad Story from Glasgow

A Sad Story from Glasgow

Old Jan 29th 2008, 9:16 pm
Forum Regular

gormac is just really nicegormac is just really nicegormac is just really nicegormac is just really nicegormac is just really nicegormac is just really nicegormac is just really nicegormac is just really nicegormac is just really nice
Default A Sad Story from Glasgow

Hi All I,ll get to the point staight away our agent has told us visa is not far away now which is great the problem is Charlie and Smudger our two five year old cats we can,t take them with us as we will be living in rentals for a good while I am a nurse and don,t want to put them thruogh don,t know how long in catterys they are two wee brothers who cannot be seperated and need loving home so if anyone knows any relitives or friends who would like two loving little chaps please get in touch Thanks
Old Jan 29th 2008, 9:18 pm
Sunny Sydney

herrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: A Sad Story from Glasgow

Originally Posted by gormac
Hi All I,ll get to the point staight away our agent has told us visa is not far away now which is great the problem is Charlie and Smudger our two five year old cats we can,t take them with us as we will be living in rentals for a good while I am a nurse and don,t want to put them thruogh don,t know how long in catterys they are two wee brothers who cannot be seperated and need loving home so if anyone knows any relitives or friends who would like two loving little chaps please get in touch Thanks
Ssslllowwwww down - there are plenty of rentals which allow cats - we have 2 in our rental no hassle at all and I know of a fair fe others who have pets in rentals. Please look into this furthre before re-homing them.
Old Jan 29th 2008, 9:35 pm
Forum Regular

gormac is just really nicegormac is just really nicegormac is just really nicegormac is just really nicegormac is just really nicegormac is just really nicegormac is just really nicegormac is just really nicegormac is just really nice

Originally Posted by herrchook
Ssslllowwwww down - there are plenty of rentals which allow cats - we have 2 in our rental no hassle at all and I know of a fair fe others who have pets in rentals. Please look into this furthre before re-homing them.
Thanks for your reply but these boys are used to garden and I just think it would be les hassele for them
Old Jan 29th 2008, 9:42 pm
Sunny Sydney

herrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for your reply but these boys are used to garden and I just think it would be les hassele for them
Fair enough, but mine were too and have adapted perfectly well to their new life here. Best of luck, either way
Old Jan 29th 2008, 9:42 pm
BE Enthusiast

crocodileseamus has much to be proud ofcrocodileseamus has much to be proud ofcrocodileseamus has much to be proud ofcrocodileseamus has much to be proud ofcrocodileseamus has much to be proud ofcrocodileseamus has much to be proud ofcrocodileseamus has much to be proud ofcrocodileseamus has much to be proud ofcrocodileseamus has much to be proud ofcrocodileseamus has much to be proud ofcrocodileseamus has much to be proud of

Don't give up.

You are all they got
Old Jan 29th 2008, 10:11 pm
Forum Regular

Location: Life is like a box of chocolates......you never know what you're gonna get!! (Fforest Gump!)
pam0512 has a brilliant futurepam0512 has a brilliant futurepam0512 has a brilliant futurepam0512 has a brilliant futurepam0512 has a brilliant futurepam0512 has a brilliant future

Hi,
we brought a Labrador and a moggie with us to Aus from the UK and no problem finding a rental with them, I too am a nurse
Renting with cats is no real problem, dogs are slightly more difficult! My cat was an outdoor cat in the UK and continues to be one in Aus....In fact he loves it here, wandering into our neighbours gardens and following them into their houses!! I think our cat met our neighbours before us as they all knew of Oscar when we finally met them
Anyway, my point is the cats will be happy here but if you will be happier re-homing them then that's just what you need to do.....good luck with your decision, it's a hard one.
Old Jan 30th 2008, 3:27 pm
Forum Regular

DestinationSydney is a name known to allDestinationSydney is a name known to allDestinationSydney is a name known to allDestinationSydney is a name known to allDestinationSydney is a name known to allDestinationSydney is a name known to allDestinationSydney is a name known to allDestinationSydney is a name known to allDestinationSydney is a name known to allDestinationSydney is a name known to allDestinationSydney is a name known to all

Hi, try to put an advert in Gumtree Glasgow - its free and there are people looking for animals there. Good Luck
Old Jan 30th 2008, 5:11 pm
looking for an easy life!

IanJakeCharlieDaddy is a name known to allIanJakeCharlieDaddy is a name known to allIanJakeCharlieDaddy is a name known to allIanJakeCharlieDaddy is a name known to allIanJakeCharlieDaddy is a name known to allIanJakeCharlieDaddy is a name known to allIanJakeCharlieDaddy is a name known to allIanJakeCharlieDaddy is a name known to allIanJakeCharlieDaddy is a name known to allIanJakeCharlieDaddy is a name known to allIanJakeCharlieDaddy is a name known to all

failing that contact your local vets they always have people looking for animals and know of animal shelters that will rehome them as a pair. good luck
Old Jan 30th 2008, 6:15 pm
BE Enthusiast

shabee is a glorious beacon of lightshabee is a glorious beacon of lightshabee is a glorious beacon of lightshabee is a glorious beacon of lightshabee is a glorious beacon of lightshabee is a glorious beacon of lightshabee is a glorious beacon of lightshabee is a glorious beacon of lightshabee is a glorious beacon of lightshabee is a glorious beacon of lightshabee is a glorious beacon of light

I had to rehome my 2 cats a couple of weeks ago. Stick an add in the paper it may surprise you who would be willing to take them on. My 2 went to separate homes (because they could). They actually went to the most perfect new homes. The older female went to an older couple which is what I wanted for her and my tom cat went to a farm where he can hunt as much mice as he wants.
It was a very hard thing to do and I think I cried for days.
Now I am fine about it all as I know they will be well taken care off. I do miss them and still go to the cat food section, lol.
Hope you get something sorted.

Shabee
Old Jan 30th 2008, 9:36 pm
Forum Regular

newlife_downunder is just really nicenewlife_downunder is just really nicenewlife_downunder is just really nicenewlife_downunder is just really nicenewlife_downunder is just really nicenewlife_downunder is just really nicenewlife_downunder is just really nicenewlife_downunder is just really nice

We understand you totally, we have two westies, at first we thought we wouldn't take them, then we spoke to several people who said it'll be fine they'll settle in; but now! Well if the wife and I are out at work all day it doesn't seem fair on leaving the dogs on their own in strange surroundings, especially in rental accom (for a while anyway). So looking at (when the time comes) to re-homing. Very sad, but you also have to think about the animals!

Best of luck whatever you do.
Old Jan 30th 2008, 9:54 pm
Social Grenade Thrower

paddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by newlife_downunder
We understand you totally, we have two westies, at first we thought we wouldn't take them, then we spoke to several people who said it'll be fine they'll settle in; but now! Well if the wife and I are out at work all day it doesn't seem fair on leaving the dogs on their own in strange surroundings, especially in rental accom (for a while anyway). So looking at (when the time comes) to re-homing. Very sad, but you also have to think about the animals!

why not take them with you to the airport...then at the entrance let them loose~? They are hunters, they will be ok!!
Old Jan 31st 2008, 10:37 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by paddyo
why not take them with you to the airport...then at the entrance let them loose~? They are hunters, they will be ok!!
your very clever arn,t you bet you have a good sense of humour (somewhere )
Old Jan 31st 2008, 10:38 am
looking for an easy life!

IanJakeCharlieDaddy is a name known to allIanJakeCharlieDaddy is a name known to allIanJakeCharlieDaddy is a name known to allIanJakeCharlieDaddy is a name known to allIanJakeCharlieDaddy is a name known to allIanJakeCharlieDaddy is a name known to allIanJakeCharlieDaddy is a name known to allIanJakeCharlieDaddy is a name known to allIanJakeCharlieDaddy is a name known to allIanJakeCharlieDaddy is a name known to allIanJakeCharlieDaddy is a name known to all

Originally Posted by newlife_downunder

you could try a westie rescue most vets hold a kennel club list of rescue centers for each breed so you know that they are going to someone who knows about the breed.
Old Jan 31st 2008, 10:44 am
Forum Regular

Dreamer is just really niceDreamer is just really niceDreamer is just really niceDreamer is just really niceDreamer is just really niceDreamer is just really niceDreamer is just really niceDreamer is just really niceDreamer is just really niceDreamer is just really niceDreamer is just really nice

There's no way i could bring myself to leave my wee dog. Best of luck to you, hope you find a loving family for them.