Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

S##t, just as I thought things were getting better!

S##t, just as I thought things were getting better!

Old Nov 30th 2005, 9:44 pm
Forum Regular

invictia is just really niceinvictia is just really niceinvictia is just really niceinvictia is just really niceinvictia is just really niceinvictia is just really niceinvictia is just really niceinvictia is just really niceinvictia is just really niceinvictia is just really niceinvictia is just really nice
Default S##t, just as I thought things were getting better!

My husband and I were reconciled after 8 months seperation earlier this year, and he has now got his road train licence, last night we had a "talk", he loves me but not the same way and the upshot of all this was we have decided to separate again, but stay a family unit for our children, this family unit will be moving to Perth on 20 january to be closer to my eldest son who is in the navy there. I feel sick..........I still love him so much but its not enough anymore, he leaves again on Sunday, I have just resigned from my job, cant cope with dealing with the public anymore, people will say its the wrong decision, but I dont feel it is for me, now I have to find somewhere to live in Perth close to the truck depot, will only see him for about 24 hours every 2-3 weeks, youngest child has taken this fairly hard, but I need to get her over west before start of new school year, she will be year 8 next year and I think she will be in high school, can anyone clarify this for me? I have put house on market and going to arrange houshold auction, only taking the basics across,
Anyway enough of my bleating, got things to get on with, its 1st december and time to get my s#@t together and get a life!
Old Nov 30th 2005, 9:49 pm

lucyb is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: S##t, just as I thought things were getting better!

Hi there,

Im pretty sure I remember reading your posts earlier in the year. Im realy sorry to hear whats going on and hope the kids settle in WA. Do you have any thougts of returning to the UK?

Lucy
Old Nov 30th 2005, 9:50 pm

Centurion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by invictia
My husband and I were reconciled after 8 months seperation earlier this year, and he has now got his road train licence, last night we had a "talk", he loves me but not the same way and the upshot of all this was we have decided to separate again, but stay a family unit for our children, this family unit will be moving to Perth on 20 january to be closer to my eldest son who is in the navy there. I feel sick..........I still love him so much but its not enough anymore, he leaves again on Sunday, I have just resigned from my job, cant cope with dealing with the public anymore, people will say its the wrong decision, but I dont feel it is for me, now I have to find somewhere to live in Perth close to the truck depot, will only see him for about 24 hours every 2-3 weeks, youngest child has taken this fairly hard, but I need to get her over west before start of new school year, she will be year 8 next year and I think she will be in high school, can anyone clarify this for me? I have put house on market and going to arrange houshold auction, only taking the basics across,
Anyway enough of my bleating, got things to get on with, its 1st december and time to get my s#@t together and get a life!
How horrible for you. My thoughts and best wishes. Whatever you choose to do I'm sure it will be the right thing for you. If I were to even suggest any advice at all it might be that you should make sure that you are moving close to civilisation so to speak to make a new life with new friends.
Old Nov 30th 2005, 10:30 pm
BE Forum Addict

cranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond repute

Your daughter is 8 , she wont start high school for a few years yet, so dont worry, that is the least of your problems , what about YOU.
Can you live with someone who does not love you in the same way anymore, you are still young enough to be happy, i read you previous post, you mentioned an abusive relationship, you are worth much more than that.
BUT i know you still love him, so maybe you could arrange some time away just you two and see if you can rekindle what is missing. Sometimes though we just have to call it a day. Denise x
Old Dec 1st 2005, 12:05 am
HUP
Brain Drained

HUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cranni
Your daughter is 8 , she wont start high school for a few years
No her daughter is Year 8 not 8 years and yes in WA that is high school year
Old Dec 1st 2005, 12:08 am
BE Forum Addict

cranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by HUP
No her daughter is Year 8 not 8 years and yes in WA that is high school year
SORRY, NOT QUITE AWAKE.
Old Dec 1st 2005, 8:32 am
Forum Regular

invictia is just really niceinvictia is just really niceinvictia is just really niceinvictia is just really niceinvictia is just really niceinvictia is just really niceinvictia is just really niceinvictia is just really niceinvictia is just really niceinvictia is just really niceinvictia is just really nice

Originally Posted by cranni
SORRY, NOT QUITE AWAKE.
Spent day getting quotes on cost of furniture over to the west and it blows ya mind, will now have to wait until house is sold before I can move
Old Dec 1st 2005, 8:53 am
Forum Regular

No lucyb, I have no plans to return to the UK, australia is my home whatever is happening, it will be nice to go to Woolies or Coles, Target and Myers I must admit, but I have to be sensible and wait the house sale, it gives me something to start with and the market has just started moving again here the agent is confident it will be sold by april-may, gonna spend my days decorating the laundry, bathroom and toilet (they are the smallest rooms!), sorting out mine and his junk, selling a load of stuff and finding homes for 2 cats! Daughter is getting there now, starting to talk positive, going Xmas shopping over weekend down to Port Lincoln and Whyalla give the Harris Scarfe card a workout!
Old Dec 1st 2005, 9:45 am
BE Forum Addict

woodyinoz has a reputation beyond reputewoodyinoz has a reputation beyond reputewoodyinoz has a reputation beyond reputewoodyinoz has a reputation beyond reputewoodyinoz has a reputation beyond reputewoodyinoz has a reputation beyond reputewoodyinoz has a reputation beyond reputewoodyinoz has a reputation beyond reputewoodyinoz has a reputation beyond reputewoodyinoz has a reputation beyond reputewoodyinoz has a reputation beyond repute

I feel so sorry for you!

You are going to have to be sooo strong. Thank Goodness your eldest son is there for you.

I wish you all the best in what may be the hardest Christmas ever...

Woodyxxx