RUSTY CARS

Old Jan 14th 2008, 8:20 pm
Just Joined

mr edwards will become famous soon enoughmr edwards will become famous soon enough
Default RUSTY CARS

in the uk if you near the seaside your car seems to go rusty yery quickly .is it the same in oz if you live near the coast
Old Jan 14th 2008, 10:53 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: RUSTY CARS

Originally Posted by mr edwards
in the uk if you near the seaside your car seems to go rusty yery quickly .is it the same in oz if you live near the coast

Do you know, I haven't really seen any rusty cars

Mine is nearly 16 years old and has none at all.
Old Jan 14th 2008, 11:16 pm
BE Forum Addict

hoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond repute

I thought the reason cars rust in the UK is the salt put down on the roads during Winter [cars tend to rust from the bottom up I find]. Here my car is 16 years old and only has a couple of small areas around the spare wheel carrier. In the UK it would have been in a scrap yard years ago.

You see a lot of cars here that are well past 10 years old and still look structurally sound [well the body is, forget the knackered engine/suspension etc]
Old Jan 14th 2008, 11:17 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

spartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond repute

More to do with the salt on the roads than anything. Lots of old cars still doing the rounds here, which is good.
Old Jan 14th 2008, 11:33 pm
Just Joined

Pipmoss is an unknown quantity at this point
Exclamation Re: RUSTY CARS

Its is the sun damage you have to look out for not rust if they are not kept under cover then it peels it of .....
Old Jan 15th 2008, 10:10 am
Forum Regular

ex Tassiemum is a name known to allex Tassiemum is a name known to allex Tassiemum is a name known to allex Tassiemum is a name known to allex Tassiemum is a name known to allex Tassiemum is a name known to allex Tassiemum is a name known to allex Tassiemum is a name known to allex Tassiemum is a name known to allex Tassiemum is a name known to allex Tassiemum is a name known to all

Its a known fact that if you live near the sea and you dont garage your car you can expect it to rust, first the wiper blades, then other areas. The salt is blown in off the sea and thats the cause of the damage. Maybe all the old cars you see about that look so good either havent had owners who live by the sea or the car has been bogged up and spray painted. OR.......its been garaged.

If you garage the car, no problem.

The sun does a lot of damage too especially further up north where it gets hotter than down south. The hotter the area you live the more damage the sun will cause with peeling paint and melting glue inside the car, the glue that keeps the lining on!

Suffice to say garages are a very good thing to have and a must have in my opinion wherever you live !!