Rust

Old Oct 4th 2005, 9:01 am
Banned

Timber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond repute
Default Rust

Ok

Not the most stimulating subjects or thread matter , I agree, but...

Rust !!

hmmm welll....

we brought our car over last year, booked it after we arrivedm, long story lol... anyways we doted on this car, everyone remarked on its serenity and beauty personified by its immaculate condition for the year.

Yep its a 94 Shogun. ( pah i hear the mitsubitchy haters shriek )

Well its a beauty, its Debs pride and joy.

Over the year, weve had a few comments about the underside of her baby, some have said , well all of them have said, its Rusty isnt it.

Weve looked, and said YOUR JOKIN that aint rust its, the lived in LOOK! !!!

Well ive come to the conclusion, after a shock from the brake ppl, down in slacks creek, just picked her car up, not 50 minutes ago, that Aussies are PARANOID about this weird metallurgical reaction called RUST !!

They dont understand RUST !!

I mean Rust is just flaky metal lol sheeeshh !!!

But its true, if you are bringin your car over, dont for one minute think, that its OK to have a small amount of surface rust on the Bits you cant see...

You will be a laughing stock, Aussies dont know what it is, cant handle it, and do not have the tooling to handle components with the smidgeningestness of rust on it. !!!

^ is that a real word LOL

Get your car checked before you leave UK

Steve

Incidentally Karma reduces the 1400 bill ive just PAID !! so feel free to chip in
Attached Thumbnails Rust-nailcote_newfoundlands_dogs.jpg  
Old Oct 4th 2005, 9:13 am
Forum Regular

mish & al is a glorious beacon of lightmish & al is a glorious beacon of lightmish & al is a glorious beacon of lightmish & al is a glorious beacon of lightmish & al is a glorious beacon of lightmish & al is a glorious beacon of lightmish & al is a glorious beacon of lightmish & al is a glorious beacon of lightmish & al is a glorious beacon of lightmish & al is a glorious beacon of lightmish & al is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Rust

Sorry to hear about the grief you're getting about the rust - it looks bloody great to me!!! They don't realise that it adds to the look like you said!!!

And how is that for a cracking K9????
Karma on it's way for the beauty sat beside the Mitsubishi!!!!

Michelle
Old Oct 4th 2005, 9:15 am
Karma earned, not whored

CadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of light

Old Oct 4th 2005, 9:20 am
Banned

Timber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mish & al
Sorry to hear about the grief you're getting about the rust - it looks bloody great to me!!! They don't realise that it adds to the look like you said!!!

And how is that for a cracking K9????
Karma on it's way for the beauty sat beside the Mitsubishi!!!!

Michelle

Cheers Michelle.

That beauty is Debs pride and joy, Coco our rarer than hens teeth Brown Newfoundland

Shes just had pups in that picture !! 9 of them, taken back in mid july !!!!

Plus just had her HIP and ELBOW scores come back from Perth, well got em Monday !!

0 0

Which is AWESOME !!!!

Her brother is South African Newfoundland Champion !!!

Its all good huh, many many thanks for the Karma

Steve
Old Oct 4th 2005, 9:33 am
Forum Regular

mish & al is a glorious beacon of lightmish & al is a glorious beacon of lightmish & al is a glorious beacon of lightmish & al is a glorious beacon of lightmish & al is a glorious beacon of lightmish & al is a glorious beacon of lightmish & al is a glorious beacon of lightmish & al is a glorious beacon of lightmish & al is a glorious beacon of lightmish & al is a glorious beacon of lightmish & al is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Timber Floor Au
Cheers Michelle.

That beauty is Debs pride and joy, Coco our rarer than hens teeth Brown Newfoundland

Shes just had pups in that picture !! 9 of them, taken back in mid july !!!!

Plus just had her HIP and ELBOW scores come back from Perth, well got em Monday !!

0 0

Which is AWESOME !!!!

Her brother is South African Newfoundland Champion !!!

Its all good huh, many many thanks for the Karma

Steve

Aww bless her, she's gorgeous - and she has famous siblings!!!
I can see why Debs is so attached... she's lovely!!!
Old Oct 4th 2005, 9:35 am
Banned

Originally Posted by mish & al
Aww bless her, she's gorgeous - and she has famous siblings!!!
I can see why Debs is so attached... she's lovely!!!
Yes shes attached to the front end, the smiley nice lickable loveable docile end.

Im attached to the ARSE end, scoopin 12 tons of dogshit a week lol

HUH DOGS MANS BEST FRIEND !!!!!

What dickhead thought of that lol
Old Oct 4th 2005, 9:43 am
BE Forum Addict

wanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to behold

Ok

Rust !!

hmmm welll....

we brought our car over last year, booked it after we arrivedm, long story lol... anyways we doted on this car, everyone remarked on its serenity and beauty personified by its immaculate condition for the year.

Over the year, weve had a few comments about the underside of her baby, some have said , well all of them have said, its Rusty isnt it.

Well ive come to the conclusion, after a shock from the brake ppl, down in slacks creek, just picked her car up, not 50 minutes ago, that Aussies are PARANOID about this weird metallurgical reaction called RUST !!

But its true, if you are bringin your car over, dont for one minute think, that its OK to have a small amount of surface rust on the Bits you cant see...

You will be a laughing stock, Aussies dont know what it is, cant handle it, and do not have the tooling to handle components with the smidgeningestness of rust on it. !!!

Steve

Incidentally Karma reduces the 1400 bill ive just PAID !! so feel free to chip in
Done any long off road trips yet? ie lots of dust? Or just any dust for that matter inside the body.

Just wait till the rain (4 letter word to some but not in Brizvegas) sets in and you leave the car out in it. Then you will understand.. :scared: The dust holds the water and causes rust.

Generally Oz cars have extra dust sealing that is not necessary in the UK/Europe.

WW
Old Oct 4th 2005, 9:46 am
Banned

Originally Posted by wanderingwombat
Done any long off road trips yet? ie lots of dust? Or just any dust for that matter inside the body.

Just wait till the rain (4 letter word to some but not in Brizvegas) sets in and you leave the car out in it. Then you will understand.. :scared: The dust holds the water and causes rust.

Generally Oz cars have extra dust sealing that is not necessary in the UK/Europe.

WW
Nup not yet, we take my dualcab ute off road.

She says her car is too good for that !!! lmao

OH HOW I CAN NOW RUB IT IN

Its true but, aussies dont know what rust is, they think they do, but faced with a 10 yr old uk car, they are flabbergasted lol
Old Oct 4th 2005, 9:55 am
BE Enthusiast

Lordflasheart has much to be proud ofLordflasheart has much to be proud ofLordflasheart has much to be proud ofLordflasheart has much to be proud ofLordflasheart has much to be proud ofLordflasheart has much to be proud ofLordflasheart has much to be proud ofLordflasheart has much to be proud ofLordflasheart has much to be proud ofLordflasheart has much to be proud ofLordflasheart has much to be proud of
Talking Re: Rust

Ok

Rust !!

hmmm welll....

Steve

Nothing wrong with rust. I had a 1982 Talbot Sunbeam that was made entirly of rust when I was 17. My grandfather used to get up in the morning, lick the tarmac for his breakfast and a have a good old rust sandwich for lunch.

Rust is holding my back gate on and is keeping the kid's swing in the garden together.

Rust gives the meat on my barbecue a metally tang and makes opening the bolt on my shed door interesting.

Britain was built on rust. WD40 is the work of the devil.

Flash.
Old Oct 4th 2005, 10:04 am
I liek beer

DevMountain is an unknown quantity at this point

Surely those that live near the coast must be used to rust you'd think?
Old Oct 4th 2005, 10:07 am
BE Enthusiast

Lordflasheart has much to be proud ofLordflasheart has much to be proud ofLordflasheart has much to be proud ofLordflasheart has much to be proud ofLordflasheart has much to be proud ofLordflasheart has much to be proud ofLordflasheart has much to be proud ofLordflasheart has much to be proud ofLordflasheart has much to be proud ofLordflasheart has much to be proud ofLordflasheart has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by DevMountain
Surely those that live near the coast must be used to rust you'd think?

Yep, Ozone and metal are not good bed fellows.
Old Oct 4th 2005, 10:08 am
BE Forum Addict

wanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to behold

OH HOW I CAN NOW RUB IT IN

Its true but, aussies dont know what rust is, they think they do, but faced with a 10 yr old uk car, they are flabbergasted lol

Had a car here that went from rust free to rusted through doors after just 6 weeks out in the rain. I was selling the car at the time, buyer never asked about rust (moral dont buy cars when it's raining).

Trips on dirt roads in that car were limited to a occasional visit to the dump.
If the car had been full of bullDUST from dirt road driving, it would have been a 'disprin'! (disolves in water!). LOL

WW
Old Oct 4th 2005, 10:11 am
Banned

Had a car here that went from rust free to rusted through doors after just 6 weeks out in the rain. I was selling the car at the time, buyer never asked about rust (moral dont buy cars when it's raining).

Trips on dirt roads in that car were limited to a occasional visit to the dump.
If the car had been full of bullDUST from dirt road driving, it would have been a 'disprin'! (disolves in water!). LOL

WW
lol and ouch

I still maintain that aussies dont know rust like us POMS no rust.

Rust is to be cherished, lol.

I remember when lookin at Utes, i was amazed at just how many OLDER cars were totally rust free.

Be fair, you look at an aussie car and you would be hard pushed to guess its age.

UK no wukkas, just a quick look, and yep thats a 77 lol

Steve
Old Oct 4th 2005, 11:16 am
BE Forum Addict

Offer to take it up to Fraser!

There is a notorious rocky outcrop that is the graveyard of many a brand new city-based weekend warrior's 4x4. The local hall of fame has enough pics of full body washes and we are not talking the bikini type!

Try that one at high tide. :scared:

WW
Old Oct 4th 2005, 8:02 pm
Banned

Offer to take it up to Fraser!

There is a notorious rocky outcrop that is the graveyard of many a brand new city-based weekend warrior's 4x4. The local hall of fame has enough pics of full body washes and we are not talking the bikini type!

Try that one at high tide. :scared:

WW
Mates of ours were saying, in the local pub up there, thay have fotos of stranded 4x4's etc stuck in the dunes, the sea, upside down lol.

I like to go off road, but im not a nutter. Going through ravines, and up creek flats is all well and good, but soon as I hear my suspension whinge im off lol

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.