Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Runaway Bay Queensland RENTALS

Runaway Bay Queensland RENTALS

Old Jul 25th 2009, 11:51 am
Banned

Sooty and Sweep is just really niceSooty and Sweep is just really niceSooty and Sweep is just really niceSooty and Sweep is just really niceSooty and Sweep is just really niceSooty and Sweep is just really niceSooty and Sweep is just really niceSooty and Sweep is just really niceSooty and Sweep is just really niceSooty and Sweep is just really niceSooty and Sweep is just really nice
Default Runaway Bay Queensland RENTALS

Hello,

Does anyone live or has lived or has stayed in Runaway Bay Queensland?

Whats it like, is it far from Surfers, Broadbeach, Gold Coast central?

Does anyone reccommend any apartments, rentals, in the area, i would love to hear any experiences? We were originally looking at Brisbane, but maybe with the lifestyle, i am getting drawn to Runaway Bay, i want to rent for a year somewhere, but stay for say two weeks on landing, prior to commiting to six months rental? Do you think two weeks is enough to find a furnished rental? Its my one concern, we are getting on a bit, so want somewhere relatively quiet, near the shops and a few decent pubs, and coffe shops?

Thanks for any help? Sooty
Old Jul 25th 2009, 12:56 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: UK 2 Singapore 2 Sydney 2 Brisbane.....here to stay!
Rudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Runaway Bay Queensland RENTALS

Originally Posted by Sooty and Sweep
Hello,

Does anyone live or has lived or has stayed in Runaway Bay Queensland?

Whats it like, is it far from Surfers, Broadbeach, Gold Coast central?

Does anyone reccommend any apartments, rentals, in the area, i would love to hear any experiences? We were originally looking at Brisbane, but maybe with the lifestyle, i am getting drawn to Runaway Bay, i want to rent for a year somewhere, but stay for say two weeks on landing, prior to commiting to six months rental? Do you think two weeks is enough to find a furnished rental? Its my one concern, we are getting on a bit, so want somewhere relatively quiet, near the shops and a few decent pubs, and coffe shops?

Thanks for any help? Sooty
Hi Sooty

I can't help you with the area, but i would say 2 weeks MIGHT be enough time to find a rental.....but it might not! It would be cutting it fine I think. If possible, when you book your short term rental, see if they are able to be flexible with dates for you. We've been asked this before at our short term rental, and if we have no bookings, we are happy to hold an extra week for clients.

Good luck with your search

Rudi
x
Old Jul 25th 2009, 7:59 pm
Banned

Sooty and Sweep is just really niceSooty and Sweep is just really niceSooty and Sweep is just really niceSooty and Sweep is just really niceSooty and Sweep is just really niceSooty and Sweep is just really niceSooty and Sweep is just really niceSooty and Sweep is just really niceSooty and Sweep is just really niceSooty and Sweep is just really niceSooty and Sweep is just really nice

Thanks, i will keep you in mind!
Old Jul 25th 2009, 11:21 pm
Forum Regular

flodsfive is just really niceflodsfive is just really niceflodsfive is just really niceflodsfive is just really niceflodsfive is just really niceflodsfive is just really niceflodsfive is just really niceflodsfive is just really niceflodsfive is just really niceflodsfive is just really niceflodsfive is just really nice

Hi Sooty and sweep,

Runaway Bay is approx 20 mins from Surfers area depending on traffic. about 10-15 from Southport which is a good place to get medicare and things like that sorted. It is a older suburb of the gold coast but still has a good feel about it. Some areas can be pricey but overall a good area to base your search for a more permanent solution. Good Luck.
Old Jul 25th 2009, 11:31 pm
BE Enthusiast

hantsfamily1 has much to be proud ofhantsfamily1 has much to be proud ofhantsfamily1 has much to be proud ofhantsfamily1 has much to be proud ofhantsfamily1 has much to be proud ofhantsfamily1 has much to be proud ofhantsfamily1 has much to be proud ofhantsfamily1 has much to be proud ofhantsfamily1 has much to be proud ofhantsfamily1 has much to be proud ofhantsfamily1 has much to be proud of

Try looking on www.realestate.com.au and follow the links for rentals then holiday rentals for fully furnished places to book on arrival.

I think 2 weeks is a bit tight to find a place to commit to but you never know your luck. Also most long term lets are unfurnished but that is not to say you cant find a furnished one.

I worked near Runaway Bay for nearly a year and its lovely there. Everything is reasonably close on the Gold Coast when the traffic is good, travel to Brisbane is ok but once again depends on the traffic and the time of day.

I work in Brisbane at the moment and travel up from the Gold Coast but travel early to miss traffic.

Broadbeach to Runaway Bay is 20 minutes with good traffic 30 minutes when its busy. I looked around Brisbane when I moved over but opted for the Gold Coast to be closer to the beaches.

Good luck with your move.
Old Jul 26th 2009, 8:59 am
BE Enthusiast

calNgary is a name known to allcalNgary is a name known to allcalNgary is a name known to allcalNgary is a name known to allcalNgary is a name known to allcalNgary is a name known to allcalNgary is a name known to allcalNgary is a name known to allcalNgary is a name known to allcalNgary is a name known to allcalNgary is a name known to all

Unless you have been previously and know the exact area for definate i think 2 weeks in temp accommodation is cutting it fine. 3 weeks is more realistic as this gives you a few days to recover from your flights and check out all the areas that interest you. Remember when looking at rentals on realestate.com to always check the availability date at the bottom of the page as lots of propertys are advertised a good few weeks before they are actually available to move into.
Must agree with you about Runaway Bay it is a lovely area just out of the hustle and bustle but still near enough to access everything easily.
Old Jul 26th 2009, 9:03 am
BE Enthusiast

UK-2-OZ will become famous soon enoughUK-2-OZ will become famous soon enough

I have to agree with the other posters, unless you have made a few good contacts with real estate agents before you arrive I think you would struggle with 2 weeks accommodation. We have clients who struggle with 4 weeks but then Melbourne is very different to Queensland for long term property rentals.
Old Jul 26th 2009, 11:23 am
Banned

Thankyou all for taking the time to reply, i very much appreciate it.

I have to admit, it is tough emigrating, i take my hat off to all and sundry on here, who have done it, we are middle aged with no children, and it is still strssfull. I think the most difficult thing is finding somewhere to live. My experience of holiday apartments are that they tend to be quite noisy, from above and below, so that is why i am looking for reccommmendations. I do like the look or Runaway Bay.

Its just if i book for a month, and it is noisy and not great, i am stuck there for a month, if i book for a week, then a week is no time?

I might book for two weeks, if not good, move out, if good try and stay, if not, get a hotel for another week or so?

Thanks Sooty.
Old Jul 27th 2009, 10:13 am
BE Forum Addict

lesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond repute

You should be able to find a holiday rental house rather than an apartment (unit). There are loads of them about the place.

http://www.stayz.com.au/accommodation/qld/gold-coast

You can usually negotiate a much cheaper rate if you stay for a month - it's not too long to find a decent rental. It's more usual to get a 12 month lease here than 6 months so pays to take your time to start.
Old Jul 27th 2009, 1:26 pm
Forum Regular

seanpears99 is a name known to allseanpears99 is a name known to allseanpears99 is a name known to allseanpears99 is a name known to allseanpears99 is a name known to allseanpears99 is a name known to allseanpears99 is a name known to allseanpears99 is a name known to allseanpears99 is a name known to allseanpears99 is a name known to allseanpears99 is a name known to all

We have been here 3 weeks and have jus moved into Coomera Waters, we looked at properties in Runaway Bay, Paradise Point and Biggera Waters and decided on an area which was quiet but safe.

Runaway Bay is nice, however, it looks and feels different than it does on the net (a person was shot down the road in biggera when we were looking).

Paradise Point and Holywell are only up the road from RB and are well worth a look.

We gave ourselves 3 weeks in temporary accomodation and it was just enough, if you have 6 months rent up front it gets you to to the top of the queue if you find somewhere you like (it did for us anyway).

If you want to know anywhere let us know as we probably drove 1500k looking up and down the GC.

Cheers

Sean and Rach
Old Aug 9th 2009, 10:51 am
Banned

Hi,

I am looking at a holiday rental, i need to get a move on, but i was thinking?

How long do you think i will need maximium to get a permanent let, so a six or twelve month let?

I ask, because, the holidays lets i am looking at are around $700.00 aweek fully furnished, so for example, if i rented it for four weeks, ample time to find a permanent let, it will cost me $2800.00 all in all.

If i take the risk, and take out a permanent let, without viewing it, so for example $400.00 aweek rent, 4 weeks rent bond, so all in all for 4 weeks stay including your deposit is, $3200.00 if i lost my deposit for moving out early. Also if it is good i can stay on, no hassle of moving?

If it is bad, can i move? If i sign a tenenacy agreement? Will i lose my deposit if i leave early?

Its just i cannot find a decent holiday place for $700.00 aweek?

Cheers Sooty.
Old Aug 9th 2009, 10:56 am
BE Forum Addict

Location: UK 2 Singapore 2 Sydney 2 Brisbane.....here to stay!
Rudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Sooty and sweep

If you leave a long term rental early you will be liable to pay the rent for the duration of the lease agreement - usually 6 months in the first instance. If another tennant can be found then you only pay until they take over the lease. However, you will have to pay the advertising costs and the agents fee for renting it out again - usually one weeks rent. Also, if you signed an agreement for a rental at say $400 a week and then broke the lease and the next person rented it out at $350 a week, you would be liable for the $50 a week shortfall until the end of your original lease.

I hope that's not too confusing.

Rudi

Hi,

How long do you think i will need maximium to get a permanent let, so a six or twelve month let?

I ask, because, the holidays lets i am looking at are around $700.00 aweek fully furnished, so for example, if i rented it for four weeks, ample time to find a permanent let, it will cost me $2800.00 all in all.

If i take the risk, and take out a permanent let, without viewing it, so for example $400.00 aweek rent, 4 weeks rent bond, so all in all for 4 weeks stay including your deposit is, $3200.00 if i lost my deposit for moving out early. Also if it is good i can stay on, no hassle of moving?

If it is bad, can i move? If i sign a tenenacy agreement? Will i lose my deposit if i leave early?

Cheers Sooty.
Old Aug 9th 2009, 10:59 am
Has left the building

Geelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond repute

Hi,

Cheers Sooty.
Its not a $2800 v $3200 comparison

A lease contract will tie you in for the length of the lease. Hopefully you were able to find a 6 month lease (here in Victoria 12 month is just a given now).

Therefore it would be $2800 v $400x22weeks if you decide to leave after a month (ie 4 weeks).

Given that you might find someone to take over the remainder of your lease and the advertising reletting fees/admin charges are minimum. You would still (please check in case difference too Victoria) be liable in case the new tenant defaults.
Old Aug 9th 2009, 11:18 am
Banned

Oh,

So not a good idea to get a permanent rental without being 100%? I just do not get all these tie in's.

But you know what gets me, you go and look at a rental while in Oz, and you like it, it is the day time, all is quiet, you pay your deposit, four weeks rent, and you pay your first four weeks rent, so that all in all eight weeks rent? Alot of money.
You go away, aweek later you move in, you have signed for say six months, so for six months you are locked in. After two days, the partys start next door, or above, only once or twice aweek, but too much loud music, or a dog starts barking all day. Or worse still the neighbour decides he wants to replicate the local swimming baths, so embarks on a ten week noise battering civil engineering project from the early hours to late evening. The dust and noise becomes un-bearable?
You want to leave, and you cannot? Seems unfair, but shows that even with a visit, you cannot be sure that the place is what it looks and feels like on first and only viewing?

Sooty
Old Aug 9th 2009, 11:32 am
BE Forum Addict

lesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond repute

Don't assume you can just take any rental on the market. You have to apply to be accepted by the landlord and they might not let you know the outcome immediately. You need to read this http://www.rta.qld.gov.au/

For a holiday rental contact the agency and see if they will do a deal for 4 weeks. You will be doing all the cleaning and laundry so it should be cheaper.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.