Reload this Page >

A run in with the wildlife

Wikiposts

A run in with the wildlife

Old Feb 9th 2005, 7:09 pm
aussie73

Default Re: A run in with the wildlife

Originally Posted by JohnAndNetta
Now can I ask a really stupid, dumb, blonde question. If the python (or whatever snake) decides "hmmmm - I really like it here - I think I'll stick around for a while" - who do you call? Snakebusters? How do you get these buggers removed? Sorry this is going to seem like a really daft question, but I really wouldn't have a clue what to do with a snake that becomes resident!

Would appreciate some advice on this one......I need to prepare myself for the inevitable when I arrive in Oz later this year. If anything horrible can happen with wild animals, then rest assured, it will happen to ME! (I just know I'm going to get a Ginormous fruit bat stuck in my hair!) :scared:
Snakes are just affraid of humans as we are of them and they advoid us
If you live in a city it is highly unlikely you will ever see a snake in your garden unless you live in some outer suburb bordering bushland. It is rare to come across a snake. Snakes will only attack you in self defence, most people who are bitten either tried to pick up the snake or kill it or steped on it. Most people who are bitten by poisoness snakes don't die because of anti venom shots now readily available, you usually have enough time to make it to hospital. 2 people are killed by snakes a year compared to 2,000 killed in car accidents in OZ out of a population of 20,000,000 so you would have to be pity unlucky to killed by a snake.

Old Feb 9th 2005, 9:06 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: A run in with the wildlife

Wanderlust, please please tell me about the skydiving - I need to do that, and I can't think of a better place to dive down to the gold coast!