Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Ruling on gang-rape case.

Ruling on gang-rape case.

Old Dec 11th 2007, 3:18 pm
BE Enthusiast

The_Wookie is a splendid one to beholdThe_Wookie is a splendid one to beholdThe_Wookie is a splendid one to beholdThe_Wookie is a splendid one to beholdThe_Wookie is a splendid one to beholdThe_Wookie is a splendid one to beholdThe_Wookie is a splendid one to beholdThe_Wookie is a splendid one to beholdThe_Wookie is a splendid one to beholdThe_Wookie is a splendid one to beholdThe_Wookie is a splendid one to behold
Default Ruling on gang-rape case.

I've just read that the judge in the case of a 10 year old girl who was gang-raped has chosen not to jail the men involved.

I find this absolutely stunning and was wondering what the general feeling is of the outcome over there in Australia.

Full story here:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/asi...ic/7136269.stm
Old Dec 11th 2007, 5:24 pm
BE Forum Addict

Mairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Ruling on gang-rape case.

Absolutely disgraceful. That judge ought to be fired. To say that a ten year consented to having sex is ridiculous!!!! As to why the prosecution did not push for jail sentence is beyond me.
Old Dec 11th 2007, 5:46 pm
IT Guru

TheSubMainMan is just really niceTheSubMainMan is just really niceTheSubMainMan is just really niceTheSubMainMan is just really niceTheSubMainMan is just really niceTheSubMainMan is just really niceTheSubMainMan is just really niceTheSubMainMan is just really niceTheSubMainMan is just really niceTheSubMainMan is just really niceTheSubMainMan is just really nice

May be all the prisons where full!

:curse::curse:
Old Dec 11th 2007, 7:01 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

This has been featured heavily in the news here http://www.nytimes.com/2007/12/11/wo...australia.html

Also on the forum http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=498872
Old Dec 11th 2007, 7:17 pm
BE Enthusiast

The_Wookie is a splendid one to beholdThe_Wookie is a splendid one to beholdThe_Wookie is a splendid one to beholdThe_Wookie is a splendid one to beholdThe_Wookie is a splendid one to beholdThe_Wookie is a splendid one to beholdThe_Wookie is a splendid one to beholdThe_Wookie is a splendid one to beholdThe_Wookie is a splendid one to beholdThe_Wookie is a splendid one to beholdThe_Wookie is a splendid one to behold

Apologies didn't see there was already a thread about it.
Old Dec 11th 2007, 7:26 pm
Anything,Anytime,Anywhere

The Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mairead
Absolutely disgraceful. That judge ought to be fired. To say that a ten year consented to having sex is ridiculous!!!! As to why the prosecution did not push for jail sentence is beyond me.
On local radio here in Brisbane, an Aboriginal activist called not only for the Judge and Prosecutor to step aside, but also the defence barrister. I cannot see why they would need to stand aside as they had done their job properly by presenting a case to minimise the sentence.
Bring back the good old days of tribal justice, where for something like this the punishment would probably involve the perpetrator being speared.

Last edited by The Bloke; Dec 11th 2007 at 7:38 pm.
Old Dec 11th 2007, 7:28 pm
Canberra bound

killamarsh has a reputation beyond reputekillamarsh has a reputation beyond reputekillamarsh has a reputation beyond reputekillamarsh has a reputation beyond reputekillamarsh has a reputation beyond reputekillamarsh has a reputation beyond reputekillamarsh has a reputation beyond reputekillamarsh has a reputation beyond reputekillamarsh has a reputation beyond reputekillamarsh has a reputation beyond reputekillamarsh has a reputation beyond repute

Disgusting. I hope the judge pays for the words and decision he has made
Old Dec 11th 2007, 7:32 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: In the tree across the road, watching you with binoculars.
elmtree has a reputation beyond reputeelmtree has a reputation beyond reputeelmtree has a reputation beyond reputeelmtree has a reputation beyond reputeelmtree has a reputation beyond reputeelmtree has a reputation beyond reputeelmtree has a reputation beyond reputeelmtree has a reputation beyond reputeelmtree has a reputation beyond reputeelmtree has a reputation beyond reputeelmtree has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by killamarsh

She.

Which somehow makes it even worse.
Old Dec 11th 2007, 7:33 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by The_Wookie
Apologies didn't see there was already a thread about it.
No need for any

I'm still gobsmacked by it all.

Originally Posted by killamarsh
The judge is a woman!
Old Dec 11th 2007, 8:04 pm
BE Enthusiast

crocodileseamus has much to be proud ofcrocodileseamus has much to be proud ofcrocodileseamus has much to be proud ofcrocodileseamus has much to be proud ofcrocodileseamus has much to be proud ofcrocodileseamus has much to be proud ofcrocodileseamus has much to be proud ofcrocodileseamus has much to be proud ofcrocodileseamus has much to be proud ofcrocodileseamus has much to be proud ofcrocodileseamus has much to be proud of

Just watched it on the UK news.

Fire the judge and the DPP, experimenting, I think not.

The victim had special needs. I am white anglo-saxon and I believe if the child was white the guilty would be behind bars.

I hope they are eventually incarcerated, this ain't the Deep South in the 1960's it's the 21st century!!!!!!!!

People won't stand for this.

Make sure the judge looses her pension, she has already lost all credibility.

Throw the guys in jail and chain gang them to make them build our bridges and our roads at night while we are asleep.

Let the victim have free housing, as well as social and financial care for the rest of her life.

The government who run Queensland should learn from this.

Hey, it's only my opinion,

Croc
Old Dec 11th 2007, 8:43 pm
BE Forum Addict

Donna&Neil is a splendid one to beholdDonna&Neil is a splendid one to beholdDonna&Neil is a splendid one to beholdDonna&Neil is a splendid one to beholdDonna&Neil is a splendid one to beholdDonna&Neil is a splendid one to beholdDonna&Neil is a splendid one to beholdDonna&Neil is a splendid one to beholdDonna&Neil is a splendid one to beholdDonna&Neil is a splendid one to beholdDonna&Neil is a splendid one to behold

Hi just read on the news that the Prosecutor for the case has stood aside pending an investigation. Hopefully justice may now be done.
Old Dec 11th 2007, 8:49 pm
Darwin since Jun 2008

TJUK has much to be proud ofTJUK has much to be proud ofTJUK has much to be proud ofTJUK has much to be proud ofTJUK has much to be proud ofTJUK has much to be proud ofTJUK has much to be proud ofTJUK has much to be proud ofTJUK has much to be proud ofTJUK has much to be proud ofTJUK has much to be proud of

Suppose the question is: Who is the criminal now!! the judge has shown absolutely no compassion for the child and protecting her or the many 10 year olds in the future. Very emotive subject thst now needs to be looked at closer by the organisation that has the remit to investigate these judges that make such bizarre decisions............

If anyone touched my girls when they were 10 I would gladly do time to ensure that they suffered for the rest of their castrated lives!:curse:
Old Dec 11th 2007, 9:04 pm

Siren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond repute

I heard on the radio that this little girl was raped by 4 or 5 males (not sure what age they were) when she was 7.

I will do the castration.
Old Dec 11th 2007, 9:14 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Siren & Brian
I heard on the radio that this little girl was raped by 4 or 5 males (not sure what age they were) when she was 7.

I will do the castration.
She was, she was taken away from her home and placed with a loving WHITE foster family. Do gooding social services then decided it was akin to the lost generation and put her back with her family and then this happened.

I honestly hold little hope for her long term future
Old Dec 11th 2007, 9:21 pm

cresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond repute

The girl involved in the case is reported to have been treated for syphilis when she was just 7 yrs old. She has for the last couple of years been selling her body for cigarettes & alcohol, hence the judges "conclusion" that she probably initially consented to have sex with them.
The law is the law & it's time it applied to all Australians not just the white ones. For a girl of 7 to be sexually active and for so many reports of these "rapes" [the law says girls of that age cannot even give consent] to go unpunished is abhorrent in any society. To be gang raped by 9 individuals 3 of whom were adults should have resulted in gaol time for all of the perpetrators. It's a sad indication of the failings of a judicial system that has become far to "politically correct"
This case highlights the way Aboriginals are treated as second class citizens, brushed off as embarrassing misfits that just wont go away.

Link

Link

Link

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.