Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Rules for vaccinations in oz

Rules for vaccinations in oz

Old May 14th 2011, 6:36 am
Forum Regular

HayleyDamerell is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Rules for vaccinations in oz

Thanks for all the info its great. However my worry isn't school entry it's entry into Australia and if it affects us getting our visa. Vaccinations in the uk are not compulsory and do not affect schooling.
I have a lot if reasons why I choose not to vaccinate my children, personal family experiences and the usual reasons......definately not the I can't be bothered option!

If it was my religion not to be vaccinated it wouldn't be questioned however it is my choice and I don't believe in being discriminated by this. Most people think I'm the silly one but do you actually know what's in that syringe going into your tiny babies body!!! Enough already haha
Old May 14th 2011, 7:23 am
BE Forum Addict

Japonica has a reputation beyond reputeJaponica has a reputation beyond reputeJaponica has a reputation beyond reputeJaponica has a reputation beyond reputeJaponica has a reputation beyond reputeJaponica has a reputation beyond reputeJaponica has a reputation beyond reputeJaponica has a reputation beyond reputeJaponica has a reputation beyond reputeJaponica has a reputation beyond reputeJaponica has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by HayleyDamerell
Thanks for all the info its great. However my worry isn't school entry it's entry into Australia and if it affects us getting our visa. Vaccinations in the uk are not compulsory and do not affect schooling.
I have a lot if reasons why I choose not to vaccinate my children, personal family experiences and the usual reasons......definately not the I can't be bothered option!

If it was my religion not to be vaccinated it wouldn't be questioned however it is my choice and I don't believe in being discriminated by this. Most people think I'm the silly one but do you actually know what's in that syringe going into your tiny babies body!!! Enough already haha
Good luck. It shouldn't be an issue. And it is your choice...There's a lot more that could be argued, cited, expounded upon with this topic in general, but I just can't be bothered honestly...I've spent a lot of my spare time over the past seven years reading published studies, medical articles, and the like, gathering info for people who contact me asking for it, and fielding questions ("how do I find stats on...?") and especially as this topic has been exhausted before in this forum, I'm back to my cup of tea and just want to wish you all the best and keep in touch.
Old May 14th 2011, 8:32 am
BE Enthusiast

odyssey is a splendid one to beholdodyssey is a splendid one to beholdodyssey is a splendid one to beholdodyssey is a splendid one to beholdodyssey is a splendid one to beholdodyssey is a splendid one to beholdodyssey is a splendid one to beholdodyssey is a splendid one to beholdodyssey is a splendid one to beholdodyssey is a splendid one to beholdodyssey is a splendid one to behold

My children arent vaccinated - well they started but didn't continue.

They get excluded from childcare when someone gets something nasty - like a little girl had whooping cough but I was more than happy to keep them home

you dont get family tax benefit etc unless your child is vaccinated, in receipt of a conscientious objection, a medical exemption etc.

My children have medical exemptions and the only thing I would say is keep copies as they drop off your files all the time then its a pain getting new ones.

Otherwise its not a drama - oh yes and if you do vaccinate there is some payment to say thanks - I dont know how much it is but its to encourage lower income groups to follow the program especially in communities.
Old May 14th 2011, 8:34 am
BE Enthusiast

odyssey is a splendid one to beholdodyssey is a splendid one to beholdodyssey is a splendid one to beholdodyssey is a splendid one to beholdodyssey is a splendid one to beholdodyssey is a splendid one to beholdodyssey is a splendid one to beholdodyssey is a splendid one to beholdodyssey is a splendid one to beholdodyssey is a splendid one to beholdodyssey is a splendid one to behold

just realised I am also answering hte wrong question - sorry!!! I would just call immigration and ask them or look on their site - its comprehensive. then if it is needed, they will tell you anyway at that point in the process. I have always found immigration really helpful
Old May 14th 2011, 9:07 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by odyssey
just realised I am also answering hte wrong question - sorry!!! I would just call immigration and ask them or look on their site - its comprehensive. then if it is needed, they will tell you anyway at that point in the process. I have always found immigration really helpful
Immigration don't insist on any vaccinations for kids as a visa condition
Old May 14th 2011, 9:14 am
Forum Regular

Thank you once again everyone for info......finding all very helpful. Also puts mind at ease

You say it's not a visa condition for children, but is it for adults? I haven't had any either, whereas my husband has had the lot! He is the one applying for the visa for all of us.

Thanks for the good luck wishes
Old May 14th 2011, 9:17 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you once again everyone for info......finding all very helpful. Also puts mind at ease

You say it's not a visa condition for children, but is it for adults? I haven't had any either, whereas my husband has had the lot! He is the one applying for the visa for all of us.

Thanks for the good luck wishes
Not for the actual visa, though if you are going to be working as a nurse or something like that there may be some as a condition of the job, registration etc.
Old May 14th 2011, 9:41 am
Account Closed

iamthecreaturefromuranus is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Immigration don't insist on any vaccinations for kids as a visa condition
Well they bloody well should. Idiots who refuse to have their kids vaccinated shouldn't be granted visa's.
Old May 14th 2011, 9:42 am
BE Forum Addict

lesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond repute

Just out of interest, would you and your family get vaccinated if it was necessary to get the visas?
Old May 14th 2011, 9:52 am
Forum Regular

Or idiots like yourself who follow the rest of the Sheeps!! I feel you should choose your words wisely.......and if this thread offends you then simply ignore as your words are not exactly a help!
Old May 14th 2011, 9:55 am
Forum Regular

Hi lesleys.

I feel very strongly against quite a lot of vaccinations, however in the uk you can't seem to have one without the other unless your willing to pay. Certain ones like hep b, polio and a few others I'm quite open to.....so if this is a condition of visa (which I'm informed of isn't) then I may have to swallow my pride for my childrens future.
Old May 14th 2011, 10:06 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by iamthecreaturefromuranus
Well they bloody well should. Idiots who refuse to have their kids vaccinated shouldn't be granted visa's.
I love a voice of reason off with their heads I say! remind me not to come and live in your country when you take it over lol
Old May 14th 2011, 10:07 am
Forum Regular

Hi Pollyanna

Thanks for the positive info.
Old May 14th 2011, 10:13 am
BE Enthusiast

James516 has much to be proud ofJames516 has much to be proud ofJames516 has much to be proud ofJames516 has much to be proud ofJames516 has much to be proud ofJames516 has much to be proud ofJames516 has much to be proud ofJames516 has much to be proud ofJames516 has much to be proud ofJames516 has much to be proud ofJames516 has much to be proud of

One word of advice, skip Melbourne and move to Byron Bay instead. You'll fit in much better
Old May 14th 2011, 10:13 am
Account Closed

iamthecreaturefromuranus is an unknown quantity at this point

Or idiots like yourself who follow the rest of the Sheeps!! I feel you should choose your words wisely.......and if this thread offends you then simply ignore as your words are not exactly a help!
My words were not intended to 'help'. You are bloody stupid if you believe not vaccinating your kids is a good thing.

I'm in my 50's and old enough to have had all the 'childhood diseases because vaccination levels were so low when I was a kid and yeah, I survived.... but some kids didn't and others suffered permanent problems.
I personally spent a week in hospital as a four year old after problems with measles in my eyes, but hey, should the same happen to your kids you can console yourself that it's 'better for them'.

You are making a personal choice that increases the chances of preventable and highly infectious diseases being spread in Australia. In my opinion Australia should tell you to bugger off as a result of that decision.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.