Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Rugby World Cup - rip off

Wikiposts

Rugby World Cup - rip off

Old Aug 18th 2003, 4:24 pm
BE Enthusiast

Loopy will become famous soon enoughLoopy will become famous soon enough

Diane just tried to PM you with a couple of ideas but your box is full - obviously lots of people offering you tickets in exchange for??????

L
Old Aug 18th 2003, 4:33 pm
BE Forum Addict

DianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to all

I've tidied it up a bit now. ta
Old Aug 18th 2003, 8:51 pm
Here in Dunedin

southerner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Rugby World Cup - rip off

I found something similar when getting tickets for the last world cup in England. Had to buy tickets to 3 games just to see the one I wanted - England vs ABs.

Flogged off one of the other tickets for a loss, so it meant the price of the games I saw was greater even than the face value.
Old Aug 18th 2003, 8:57 pm
BE Enthusiast

lynnj has a brilliant futurelynnj has a brilliant futurelynnj has a brilliant futurelynnj has a brilliant futurelynnj has a brilliant futurelynnj has a brilliant future

I didnt realise there were so many south african fans using this site

Lynn
Old Aug 18th 2003, 9:07 pm
BE Enthusiast

lynnj has a brilliant futurelynnj has a brilliant futurelynnj has a brilliant futurelynnj has a brilliant futurelynnj has a brilliant futurelynnj has a brilliant future

i have found a website here in the uk that is selling tickets and has availablility, prices start at £155 i'm afraid but if you're desperate then the address is www.theonlineticketshop.com

Lynn
Old Aug 19th 2003, 1:17 pm
Y Ddraig Goch

Location: Body is in Brissie. Heart and soul has long flown home.
Ceri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to all

Originally posted by lynnj
i have found a website here in the uk that is selling tickets and has availablility, prices start at £155 i'm afraid but if you're desperate then the address is www.theonlineticketshop.com

Lynn
Geeze out of interest I looked at the England v Uruguay match - they are selling them for over $350 (AU) dollars.for class 3 seats - I paid $15 a ticket for the same match/same seating- that is the face value. What a rip off. I actually thought that was illegal, selling them for way above face value.

Also the other thing which I noticed.. they say the match is at Ballymore... no it's not, it's been moved to Suncorp stadium. Seems that they are out of date with their info besides out of date with their prices.

The rwc tickets to other countries were supposed to go to a few selected licensed dealers.. and was supposed to be you must buy a plane ticket with the rugby ticket... it was to stop ticket touting and people making a huge profit on cup tickets. I can't believe how much that site is selling tickets for. I wonder if the RWC here knows about it.

with those sort of prices I think you are better off buying them off Ebay or something... even they are going for cheaper than that.

The other thing you can do... is keep an eye on the trading post, there is bound to be genuine people (ie selling because they can't make the match, not selling for a profit) selling the odd ticket in there

Cheers
Old Aug 19th 2003, 1:33 pm
Forum Regular

davidw is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks, is the trading post online and what's the trading post's web address?

Best wishes

David

Originally posted by Ceri
Geeze out of interest I looked at the England v Uruguay match - they are selling them for over $350 (AU) dollars.for class 3 seats - I paid $15 a ticket for the same match/same seating- that is the face value. What a rip off. I actually thought that was illegal, selling them for way above face value.

Also the other thing which I noticed.. they say the match is at Ballymore... no it's not, it's been moved to Suncorp stadium. Seems that they are out of date with their info besides out of date with their prices.

The rwc tickets to other countries were supposed to go to a few selected licensed dealers.. and was supposed to be you must buy a plane ticket with the rugby ticket... it was to stop ticket touting and people making a huge profit on cup tickets. I can't believe how much that site is selling tickets for. I wonder if the RWC here knows about it.

with those sort of prices I think you are better off buying them off Ebay or something... even they are going for cheaper than that.

The other thing you can do... is keep an eye on the trading post, there is bound to be genuine people (ie selling because they can't make the match, not selling for a profit) selling the odd ticket in there

Cheers
Old Aug 19th 2003, 1:56 pm
Y Ddraig Goch

Ceri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to all

Originally posted by davidw
Thanks, is the trading post online and what's the trading post's web address?

Best wishes

David

http://www.tradingpost.com.au/main.asp?state=QLD

it's stuck on the qld bit... but you can search all of Aus.
There is also a feature somewhere where you can have email alerts.. when the item you are looking for is listed comes in they will email you.

It's worth a shot - keep an eye on it right up to the cup when I think you'll probably see a few tickets for sale closer to the game.
The trading post is Australia biggest private advertising paper... it sells in a newspaper form in most newsagents and garages, only recently (within the past year I think) have they gone online.

cheers
Old Aug 19th 2003, 2:44 pm
Forum Regular

davidw is an unknown quantity at this point

thanks a million, i think its quokka in wa?

cheers

david

Originally posted by Ceri
http://www.tradingpost.com.au/main.asp?state=QLD

it's stuck on the qld bit... but you can search all of Aus.
There is also a feature somewhere where you can have email alerts.. when the item you are looking for is listed comes in they will email you.

It's worth a shot - keep an eye on it right up to the cup when I think you'll probably see a few tickets for sale closer to the game.
The trading post is Australia biggest private advertising paper... it sells in a newspaper form in most newsagents and garages, only recently (within the past year I think) have they gone online.

cheers
Old Aug 19th 2003, 3:06 pm
Y Ddraig Goch

Originally posted by davidw
thanks a million, i think its quokka in wa?

cheers

david
http://rugbyheaven.smh.com.au/articl...860945.html... explains about how the tickets are sold

http://www.rugby2003.com.au/ -

If you are in Aus.(or if you aren't but have a friend here in Aus who will get them for you) .. keep an eye on the above Rugby cup site - they keep releasing more tickets when they are returned by the other nations
. I have just noticed that they are now selling the two quarter finals in Brisbane separately (which they weren't the other day when I bought them) "B" seating at $195 to one quarter final.... I had to buy the full package the other day which consisted of quarter final 4 and quarter final 2 (I only wanted 4... Wales v England ...maybe) I paid $390 for each person and now have an Aus match V Scotland (maybe) quarter final too - they are now selling them separately.I should have hung on to buy my quarter 4 tickets... because I have tickets to quarter 2 as well which I do not want and will be selling.

They don't half make it confusing to buy tickets. I don't think they know what they're doing... they seem to make the packages/rules up as they go along it.
Bl**dy aussies
Old Aug 19th 2003, 9:46 pm
Forum Regular

Birdey has a reputation beyond reputeBirdey has a reputation beyond reputeBirdey has a reputation beyond reputeBirdey has a reputation beyond reputeBirdey has a reputation beyond reputeBirdey has a reputation beyond reputeBirdey has a reputation beyond reputeBirdey has a reputation beyond reputeBirdey has a reputation beyond reputeBirdey has a reputation beyond reputeBirdey has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: England V S. Africa

Originally posted by owieb
I've got 2 tickets going for the England vs South Africa match (plus the Georgia game which you have to have). Excellent tickets for England Section 145, Row R. Georgia Section 130, Row K.

I managed to bag myself Section 127, Row L for England, can;t believe it!
Okay, have just emailed you as well, but looks like your on line, so Id like to snap your hand off please.... THANKYOU

Come on then, name the price, (fear is rippling through my bank account)

Cheers
Birdey