Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Rugby and revenge

Rugby and revenge

Old Dec 4th 2003, 4:06 am
Karma Comedian

jayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond repute
Default Rugby and revenge

Hmmm. .. I realyy did think that the general Pom bashing and jonny Wilkinson bashing was all just part of the mateship between the Ozzies and the Poms as opposes to anyhting else. Now I'm not so sure as the SMH implores its readers to vote for Tim Henman in BBC Sports Personality of the Year to ensure Jonny doesn't get it. Suggest those as offended as me by this lack of sportmanship follow the opposite advice to that in the article

http://www.smh.com.au/articles/2003/...351659947.html
Old Dec 4th 2003, 4:40 am
Just Joined

wanderer68 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Rugby and revenge

Originally posted by jayr
Hmmm. .. I realyy did think that the general Pom bashing and jonny Wilkinson bashing was all just part of the mateship between the Ozzies and the Poms as opposes to anyhting else. Now I'm not so sure as the SMH implores its readers to vote for Tim Henman in BBC Sports Personality of the Year to ensure Jonny doesn't get it. Suggest those as offended as me by this lack of sportmanship follow the opposite advice to that in the article

Don't worry, Tim Henman doesn't stand a chance, JW will win it hands down, the media is so hyped up about him. They even stopped talking about Beckham for a few days.
Old Dec 4th 2003, 7:55 am

Richard_Gregan has a reputation beyond reputeRichard_Gregan has a reputation beyond reputeRichard_Gregan has a reputation beyond reputeRichard_Gregan has a reputation beyond reputeRichard_Gregan has a reputation beyond reputeRichard_Gregan has a reputation beyond reputeRichard_Gregan has a reputation beyond reputeRichard_Gregan has a reputation beyond reputeRichard_Gregan has a reputation beyond reputeRichard_Gregan has a reputation beyond reputeRichard_Gregan has a reputation beyond repute

poor old cousin gerogie....
Old Dec 4th 2003, 9:21 am
What's he asking?

Fuzzyness is an unknown quantity at this point

smacks of not being able to take a joke doesnt it. all very funny that the aussie press has got themselves in such a tizzie over it that they actually have think about taking revenge action.
Old Dec 4th 2003, 9:43 am
Banned

Megalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant future

Need to wind up Poms so they don't notice when you vacuum their pockets:

Trade deficit narrows
Old Dec 4th 2003, 9:48 am
What's he asking?

"It's something of a one-off but it's encouraging to see it did narrow, at least for one month."
all back to normal next month then hey?
Old Dec 4th 2003, 10:05 am
Banned

Megalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant future

Originally posted by Fuzzyness
all back to normal next month then hey?
Pom shearin' lark dun, got to get back to serious work, bring in the harvest. Bloody bumper crop but prices a bit poor:

The Westpac-NFF rural commodity index fell by 4.6 percent during September as the Australian dollar strengthened by 5.5 percent and wheat, sugar, beef and wool prices fell. Canola and cotton prices strengthened during the month.

ABARE released its updated farm production forecasts during September. Most winter crop production forecasts were increased, with crop production now forecast to be $18.6bn in 2003-04, up 35 percent on the $13.8bn in 2002-03. Livestock
production forecasts were more mixed, with total production forecast to be $16.9bn, down 3 percent on last year’s $17.5bn.

Farm exports are forecast to be weaker, at $26.2bn, also down 3 percent on last year’s $27.1bn.

COMMODITIES FLAG AS DOLLAR SURGES
Old Dec 4th 2003, 10:16 am
What's he asking?

my god a thread about rugby has turned into an economics lesson on international trade. hehe.
Old Dec 4th 2003, 10:33 am
Banned

my god a thread about rugby has turned into an economics lesson on international trade. hehe.
No connection? Yer bein' had, mate!
Old Dec 4th 2003, 11:30 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

OzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for the 2 articles Megalania, you keep them coming.

House prices up 27.8% in Brisbane and 24.4% in Canberra in one year. :scared:

Good luck with the crop.

OzTennis
Old Dec 4th 2003, 11:38 am
What's he asking?

Originally posted by Megalania
No connection? Yer bein' had, mate!
in the name of good natured banter try this

An Australian meets a friend and sees that his friend's car is total write-off and covered with leaves, grass, branches, dirt and blood.
He asks his friend "What's happened to your car?"
"Well," the friend responds, "I ran over Stephen Larkham".
"OK," says the man, "that explains the blood... But what about the leaves, the grass, the branches and the dirt ?"
"Well, he tried to escape through the park."

Old Dec 4th 2003, 1:25 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

OzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond repute

in the name of good natured banter try this

An Australian meets a friend and sees that his friend's car is total write-off and covered with leaves, grass, branches, dirt and blood.
He asks his friend "What's happened to your car?"
"Well," the friend responds, "I ran over Stephen Larkham".
"OK," says the man, "that explains the blood... But what about the leaves, the grass, the branches and the dirt ?"
"Well, he tried to escape through the park."

Yep, good one and apparently there is now a defence when arrested for a form of indecent behaviour - 'I was just practising my kicking for goal like Jonny m'lud, honest'

OzTennis
Old Dec 4th 2003, 7:53 pm
Monaco here we!!! oh no

ADELAIDE BOUND is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by jayr

Thought this one was good.

On a tour of Australia, the Pope took a few days off to visit the coast

>for some sightseeing.

>

>He was cruising along the beach in the Pope-mobile when there was a

>frantic commotion just off shore.

>

>A helpless man, wearing an English rugby jersey, was struggling

>frantically to free himself from the jaws of a 20 foot shark.

>

>As the Pope watched in horror, a speedboat pulled up with three men

>wearing Wallabies rugby jerseys.

>

>One quickly fired a harpoon into the shark's side while the other two

>reached out and pulled the blue, semiconscious Pommie fan from the

>water. Then, using long clubs, the three beat the shark to death and

>hauled it into the boat.

>

>Immediately the Pope shouted and summoned them to him. "I give you my

>blessing for your brave actions. I heard that there were some bitter

>hatreds between Australian and English rugby fans, but now I have seen

>with my own eyes that this is not true."

>

>As the Pope drove off, the harpooner asked his buddies, "Who was that?"

>

>"It was the Pope" one replied. "He is in direct contact with God and

>has access to all of God's wisdom."

>

>"Well" the harpooner said, "he may have access to God and his wisdom,

>but he doesn't know anything about shark fishing.

>

>Is the bait holding up OK or do we need to get another one?"

Cheers Tom Donna & Kids

Old Dec 4th 2003, 8:59 pm
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

What's the difference between an Aussie & a photograph?.

A photograph is developed!.

& there's plenty more where that came from!.
Old Dec 4th 2003, 9:17 pm
Purveyor of Beaches

DavidT has a spectacular aura aboutDavidT has a spectacular aura aboutDavidT has a spectacular aura about

Originally posted by Amazulu
What's the difference between an Aussie & a photograph?.

A photograph is developed!.

& there's plenty more where that came from!.
They can't do this with there cameras
Attached Thumbnails Rugby and revenge-cnv00040.jpg  

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.