Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

The Rubber Dollars Bounce UP

Wikiposts

The Rubber Dollars Bounce UP

Old May 1st 2003, 5:53 pm
Banned

pommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond repute
Default The Rubber Dollars Bounce UP

Looks like God is shining on his choosen people (them trying to get out of here) and the rubber dollar is regaining ground against the pound .
We are still out of pocket because it was 2-1 when we jumped over cliff but nice to see its steady move up .
This may alter the balance for a few , so my enquiry is at what exchange rate would the land of penty start to look less like the land of milk and honey?
Before the lifestyle crew set sail on a sea of broken dreams , may I just say this post is an attemp to see what value is put on exchange rates above immigration.

Old May 1st 2003, 6:11 pm
Forum Regular

Slippers is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: The Rubber Dollars Bounce UP

Originally posted by pommie bastard
Looks like God is shining on his choosen people (them trying to get out of here) and the rubber dollar is regaining ground against the pound .
We are still out of pocket because it was 2-1 when we jumped over cliff but nice to see its steady move up .
This may alter the balance for a few , so my enquiry is at what exchange rate would the land of penty start to look less like the land of milk and honey?
Before the lifestyle crew set sail on a sea of broken dreams , may I just say this post is an attemp to see what value is put on exchange rates above immigration.

What price can you put on paradise? Should Adam and Eve have left Eden for a bigger pair of fig leaves?

If you went in the bank to change up your mattress-full of savings and they asked if you had brought your wheelbarrow, it would have to be time to start thinking about it.
Old May 1st 2003, 7:17 pm
Banned

pommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Slippers
What price can you put on paradise? Should Adam and Eve have left Eden for a bigger pair of fig leaves?

If you went in the bank to change up your mattress-full of savings and they asked if you had brought your wheelbarrow, it would have to be time to start thinking about it.
Never found paradise nearest I've got to it was the bottom of a glass .
So the money changers should be thrown out the temple as JC said a long time ago?

Old May 2nd 2003, 3:12 am
Forum Regular

Slippers is an unknown quantity at this point

Never found paradise nearest I've got to it was the bottom of a glass .
So the money changers should be thrown out the temple as JC said a long time ago?

When I go to the money changers at the bank bearing gifts from the northern hemisphere and they foretell my balance after trading I do indeed feel like throwing them out.
Old May 2nd 2003, 3:16 am
BE Enthusiast

Stoney is an unknown quantity at this point

may I just say this post is an attemp to see what value is put on exchange rates above immigration.

About $2.38
Old May 2nd 2003, 3:16 am
BE Enthusiast

Stoney is an unknown quantity at this point

may I just say this post is an attemp to see what value is put on exchange rates above immigration.

About $2.38
Old May 2nd 2003, 5:14 am
We arrived november 2004

kentcoast is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi PB,

Thought I'd get in with a straight answer to good question before the presence of your name forces this thread off the rails

I know that this sounds like pretentious cr*p but the 'better lifestyle/streets paved with gold' thing has never been a motivator for me. I ain't in it for the money (one less thing for me to be disapointed about eh?).

But I suppose that there is a point where I would have to question the economic viability of a move but that's a long way away - I guess if I wasn't in a position to buy a place that was at least as good as we have at the moment I might pause to reconsider but, in Adelaide, although I haven't done the sums it would be below 2 - 1.

Cheers

Perry
Old May 2nd 2003, 5:23 am

bored_bean is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by kentcoast
I know that this sounds like pretentious cr*p but the 'better lifestyle/streets paved with gold' thing has never been a motivator for me. I ain't in it for the money (one less thing for me to be disapointed about eh?).
Ditto. Main reasons are more to do with leaving an area with extortionate house prices and draconian planning laws. If I have no mortgage then so much the better. I might also fancy spending a week ski-ing with the missus if I didn't spend half the year freezing my b*lls off. As it stands my leave is for going places to warm up.
Old May 4th 2003, 4:37 pm
Banned

Originally posted by bored_bean
Ditto. Main reasons are more to do with leaving an area with extortionate house prices and draconian planning laws. If I have no mortgage then so much the better. I might also fancy spending a week ski-ing with the missus if I didn't spend half the year freezing my b*lls off. As it stands my leave is for going places to warm up.
The thing that goes way over your head is that home prices here are flying up more so than wages , you will dream of feezing after a few hot days in Australia just save a bit for Air-Con , its easier to heat up than cool down.
Good luck with the planing buggers they are shite in Perth bloody minded covers it.