Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

PB, Dotty and Megalania

PB, Dotty and Megalania

Old May 2nd 2003, 9:14 pm
Forum Regular

hutchy is a jewel in the roughhutchy is a jewel in the roughhutchy is a jewel in the roughhutchy is a jewel in the rough
Default PB, Dotty and Megalania

Is it just me but i am beginning to think these 3 are all the same people,similar posts at similar times,Pb is obviously not getting the response he wants so has to fall back on invisible friends who he makes up. Anyone agree?????Jan Hutchy
Old May 2nd 2003, 9:23 pm
BE Enthusiast

scoobydooathome is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: PB, Dotty and Megalania

Originally posted by hutchy
Is it just me but i am beginning to think these 3 are all the same people,similar posts at similar times,Pb is obviously not getting the response he wants so has to fall back on invisible friends who he makes up. Anyone agree?????Jan Hutchy
Hello,

With the rubbish they come with, you would think so ?
Old May 2nd 2003, 9:52 pm
BE Enthusiast

Sindy is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Jan,

My short answers is no. I do not think they are the same person. They are of course the biggest contributors to the negative posts.

Contrary to the widely vaunted believe of some that we only want to hear one side of the debate, most of the postings I have read appreciate well informed ‘advance warning’ on subjects we may be ignorant of.

There is of course a fine line here. All three mentioned above have at times posted very interesting, and valuable information.

In my opinion Dotty is the least prone to crossing the line.

PB is just bored at work and uses this forum to help pass the time until he is repatriated. Many of the threads he posts are specifically aimed at trying to get someone to bite and then amusing himself by testing his ability to win the battle of words, irrespective of whether he believes the point he is making or not.. The great pity is that he often abuses his notoriety by launching pointless personal attacks that many of us find distasteful.

Megalania……?? I can’t work this guy out. The only thing I am sure of is that he suffers from pseudo intellectualism, has too much time on his hands and feels compelled to respond to almost everyone one of PB’s postings. A question for you Megalania. As you have such a low opinion of poms can you tell us of your genetic makeup? or would that dampen your gunpowder too much?

There is a voyeuristic quality to reading some of the postings from the above individuals, but to PB and Megalania I offer this advice, try not to cross the line just because you can.

Bill (Sindy’s Husband)
Old May 2nd 2003, 9:55 pm
Forum Regular

hutchy is a jewel in the roughhutchy is a jewel in the roughhutchy is a jewel in the roughhutchy is a jewel in the rough

yeah bill u may be right well said!!!!.Jan hutchy, maybe they all live next door to each other, just a thought
Old May 2nd 2003, 9:59 pm
BE Enthusiast

scoobydooathome is an unknown quantity at this point

yeah bill u may be right well said!!!!.Jan hutchy, maybe they all live next door to each other, just a thought
It's funny how there are no other unhappy poms form OZ on this site ...
Old May 2nd 2003, 10:00 pm
Forum Regular

lol, they say bad luck comes in 3,ss
Old May 2nd 2003, 10:12 pm
BE Enthusiast

Stoney is an unknown quantity at this point

Dont know if they are the same person.. dont care really but here is a quote that covers them all.

"One cannot be finally educated. Education is a process that goes on 'til death. The moment you see someone who knows he has found the one true way, and can call all others false, then you know you're in the company of an ignoramus."
Old May 2nd 2003, 10:22 pm
BE Enthusiast

Stoney is an unknown quantity at this point

Oh and one other thing ...................

hello...........

wheres every one gone ?....................

he........

oh bugger !!
Old May 2nd 2003, 10:26 pm
We arrived november 2004

kentcoast is an unknown quantity at this point

Can't agree about Dotty, follow her posts from the beginning and you'll see a person who's given it a good go but it didn't work out in the end - she's got lessons for us all and although she can get a little bitter sometimes she's probably got reason.

PB is a national treasure - sure he enjoys getting people to bite and I sometimes wish he'd accept that most of us are able to read a newpaper on our own but when he's got his sensible head on he can be helpful and a reasonable source of local knowledge.

Meg's an odd one, I suppose your suggestion is possible but personally I doubt it. Although I wouldn't be suprised to find that he's quite a bit older than his posts would suggest.

Cheers

Perry
Old May 2nd 2003, 10:37 pm
Forum Regular

good point and i accept what you are saying but why share your bitterness with everyone else.We all need a boost when it comes to goin to Oz and the negs can be an interesting point but if i was so bitter i would not want to share it on a website with thousands of people. I would rather live and learn and keep stumm. Let people make their own minds up, dont you think instead of coming across as a failure, which is basically what they are saying.I think it depends on the person you are and the character you are. If you are determined then you will succeed anywhere in the world. The likes of that lot will be exactly the same in UK after few months.Whereas the would be Ozzies will make the best of it in Oz and if it dont work out the come back quietly not slag the place off.Anyone agree...
Old May 2nd 2003, 10:57 pm
BE Forum Addict

dotty is on a distinguished road

Originally posted by scoobydooathome
It's funny how there are no other unhappy poms form OZ on this site ...

That is probably the funniest comment of all.
Old May 2nd 2003, 10:57 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally posted by Stoney
Dont know if they are the same person.. dont care really but here is a quote that covers them all.

"One cannot be finally educated. Education is a process that goes on 'til death. The moment you see someone who knows he has found the one true way, and can call all others false, then you know you're in the company of an ignoramus."
Hi stoney,

The above quote is very profound and I think sums things up nicely. I have heard you quote Dr Maya Angelou before. She sounds a remarkable woman. I think I should try to learn a little bit more of her wisdom.

Thanks

Bill
Old May 2nd 2003, 11:00 pm
Crocodile Member

Location: Wurtulla, Sunshine Coast. Crikey Terri, That's a BIG ONE!
Andy_Hanrahan is an unknown quantity at this point

Not sure about dotty, but for some time I've had my suspicions that megalania is a new pseudonym for someone calling himself Pankala, who dissapeared from this site some time ago after a string of very nasty posts along the lines of "australia does not want you" etc. If I'm wrong, perhaps the real Pankala would like to step forward....?

Andy

Old May 2nd 2003, 11:01 pm
BE Forum Addict

dotty is on a distinguished road

I"ll put my money where my mouth is.

Why not set up one of your polls.

"Who would like Dotty to be banned from posting here"

Come on I dare you.
Old May 2nd 2003, 11:07 pm
BE Enthusiast

I don't mind posting my vote now.

Please keep on posting Dotty. I have learned a lot from your contributions. We do need to know both sides.

Bill

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.