Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

RRV.....And In A Muddle!

RRV.....And In A Muddle!

Old Aug 2nd 2014, 9:14 am
Forum Regular

shycouple2009 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RRV.....And In A Muddle!

I recently had a successful RRV application.....All be it 1 year and my entry date is June 2015.

My problem is my youngest Daughter starts her "A" levels this September and wont finish her education until June 2016. She needs this level of education so that she can go on and study a nursing degree at Uni.

My dilemma is........Do I find a Brisbane High School who will be prepared to convert her UK exam grades into an Australian equivalent so she can progress to do a nursing degree Australian style when the new school year starts January 2015........Or do I risk applying for another RRV June 2016 after she has finished her education in UK?

I applied for RRV just inside the 5 year rule which made things easier.......But my future application will be outside of the 5 year rule which will make things more difficult due to compelling reasons and all that.......Especially after immigration have just gave me one more chance with the RRV I have been rewarded with and still didn't go!!

p.s........I have a job offer starting February 2015.......What a muddle!!!
Old Aug 2nd 2014, 9:24 am

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: RRV.....And In A Muddle!

Originally Posted by shycouple2009
I recently had a successful RRV application.....All be it 1 year and my entry date is June 2015.

My problem is my youngest Daughter starts her "A" levels this September and wont finish her education until June 2016. She needs this level of education so that she can go on and study a nursing degree at Uni.

My dilemma is........Do I find a Brisbane High School who will be prepared to convert her UK exam grades into an Australian equivalent so she can progress to do a nursing degree Australian style when the new school year starts January 2015........Or do I risk applying for another RRV June 2016 after she has finished her education in UK?

I applied for RRV just inside the 5 year rule which made things easier.......But my future application will be outside of the 5 year rule which will make things more difficult due to compelling reasons and all that.......Especially after immigration have just gave me one more chance with the RRV I have been rewarded with and still didn't go!!

p.s........I have a job offer starting February 2015.......What a muddle!!!
Assuming your daughter is now 16, and having just worked hard to get the RRV, why not get her signed up for the last 2 years of school in Australia where she can do her HSC and then get entry to Uni from there.
Old Aug 2nd 2014, 9:32 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by old.sparkles
Assuming your daughter is now 16, and having just worked hard to get the RRV, why not get her signed up for the last 2 years of school in Australia where she can do her HSC and then get entry to Uni from there.
Yes she is 16..........Do I still need to convert her UK exam results in to an Australian equivalent so that she can continue with a HSC?
Old Aug 2nd 2014, 9:35 am

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute

Yes she is 16..........Do I still need to convert her UK exam results in to an Australian equivalent so that she can continue with a HSC?
Not overly sure - young spark is too old, but a friends son started here in year 11 at 17 and has HSC now. Hopefully someone else will be able to help with the practicalities of securing a school place
Old Aug 2nd 2014, 9:38 am
Forum Regular

Heading for Lutwyche in Brisbane if any one has ideas|
Old Aug 2nd 2014, 7:37 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

quoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond repute

Her UK exams are worthless unless she has A levels - can she follow you when she's finished them and will still be dependent upon you? A levels keep all her options open - UK and Aus whereas Aus yr 12 wouldn't travel back to UK as well if she decided to come and do yrs 11 and 12 in Qld. She could start yr 11 in Jan 2015 and do the full two year course - no conversions necessary. HSC is NSW
Old Aug 4th 2014, 5:50 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat055 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by quoll
Her UK exams are worthless unless she has A levels - can she follow you when she's finished them and will still be dependent upon you? A levels keep all her options open - UK and Aus whereas Aus yr 12 wouldn't travel back to UK as well if she decided to come and do yrs 11 and 12 in Qld. She could start yr 11 in Jan 2015 and do the full two year course - no conversions necessary. HSC is NSW
Also she would likely be classed as international student if she came back to UK university, and may also have to delay start until September after finishing Yr 12 in Australia, so one year later than if she had stayed in UK system. A levels travel well to Australia, and a number of Australian university websites have comparison of A level > ATAR score
Old Aug 9th 2014, 7:59 am
Forum Regular

I have emailed a few schools in Brisbane area and it looks like my Daughters best option is to do her further education there as all they require is her past school reports and exam results so she can complete year 11/12 then move on to uni to study a nursing degree.
Old Aug 10th 2014, 6:28 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

quoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond repute

I have emailed a few schools in Brisbane area and it looks like my Daughters best option is to do her further education there as all they require is her past school reports and exam results so she can complete year 11/12 then move on to uni to study a nursing degree.
If she's going to do that then she will need to start in Jan so she gets her full two year program in. They generally don't care about what she's done before TBH just as long as she's there at the start of the course. Don't leave it to June!