Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

RPL - Required Info & Processing...rejected?

RPL - Required Info & Processing...rejected?

Old Aug 27th 2004, 12:20 pm
Just Joined

Tops_Giljes is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RPL - Required Info & Processing...rejected?

Hello One & All, :scared:

I am in the process of going through completing my RPL. I have over 8 years IT experience, most in systems, project and team management. I have a couple of MCP certificates but no IT degree.

I have a few questions regarding RPL and the application process.

For section 2/3 on the RPL, I could provide experience and details of most COBK titles, all expect 3. In total this came to over 8 pages of almost 2500 words. Does this seem enough?

What are they looking for in Section 4? I have tied to reiterate that fact that in each role I have learnt new skills and knowledge that has enabled me to be promoted and/or further my career development…Does this seem correct?

For these 2 essays on previous project work, is there a recommended structure that one should follow? What I am looking for is what kind of information they are looking for. I have seen the guidance notes on the RPL form, however as with most of these, these are all theoretical and they are actually looking for more information. Do you need to have details on the project scope, business requirements, budgets etc with Intro, body and conclusions sections?

I have been fortunate with my references and have been able to get all previous employers to detail my roles and the technologies used together with projects I worked on. Will this have much impact on the application?

I am also a memeber of the BCS - Pro. Grade. I heard this may help with RPL, does it?

What is the current processing time from the ACS?

Does anyone have a realistic idea on the complete timescales I am looking at from ACS/RPL submission to get the visa granted? I intend to submit the RPL in the next 3-4 weeks and would like to be in Oz by New Year 2006, realistic?

I am considering using an agent as I am finding alot of this like guess work, is this recommended? Does anyone know how many applications are rejected each year by the ACS for RPL, percentage of applications? If one is rejected, how soon can you re-apply?

Any help or past experience advice would be grateful.

Cheers,

Tops G
Old Aug 27th 2004, 12:36 pm
Badge

Default Re: RPL - Required Info & Processing...rejected?

If I recall correctly, a Professional of BCS is OK for one of the 'OK' categories (A, or B) anyhow, so aren't you there already...

BM

Old Aug 27th 2004, 12:48 pm
Just Joined

Tops_Giljes is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: RPL - Required Info & Processing...rejected?

Not anymore, you need to be Charted Grade of the BCS to be recognised by the ACS. The ACS changed this as the BCS has made it easier to become Pro. Member.

I was wondering if just Pro. Memebership would be enough?

Ta,

Tops

Originally Posted by Badge
If I recall correctly, a Professional of BCS is OK for one of the 'OK' categories (A, or B) anyhow, so aren't you there already...

BM