royal brunei

Old Jul 10th 2008, 1:03 pm
Forum Regular

wanderer1970 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default royal brunei

Anyone flown with Royal Brunei. Have got a good fare but don't know much about them.

Thanks
Old Jul 10th 2008, 1:05 pm
BE Enthusiast

edie209 is a glorious beacon of lightedie209 is a glorious beacon of lightedie209 is a glorious beacon of lightedie209 is a glorious beacon of lightedie209 is a glorious beacon of lightedie209 is a glorious beacon of lightedie209 is a glorious beacon of lightedie209 is a glorious beacon of lightedie209 is a glorious beacon of lightedie209 is a glorious beacon of lightedie209 is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: royal brunei

I flew with them about 8 years ago nice clean airline BUT they are dry as in they don't serve any alcohol. Saying that though they were ok with us bringing our own.
Old Jul 10th 2008, 1:14 pm
BE Enthusiast

Location: Sydney, Australia, but home to EU in 2009 for good!
Mikeyc is a splendid one to beholdMikeyc is a splendid one to beholdMikeyc is a splendid one to beholdMikeyc is a splendid one to beholdMikeyc is a splendid one to beholdMikeyc is a splendid one to beholdMikeyc is a splendid one to beholdMikeyc is a splendid one to beholdMikeyc is a splendid one to beholdMikeyc is a splendid one to beholdMikeyc is a splendid one to behold

I found them excellent and to a standard similar to the Middle Eastern Airlines and Asian ones like Singapore and Malaysian.

If you google "Airline reviews" you'll get a good idea of them also, good and bad i'm sure.

They where a lot better than Qantas in every aspect.

Mikey
Old Jul 10th 2008, 7:26 pm

Centurion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond repute

http://www.airlinequality.com/Forum/rba.htm

Airline quality reviews are notorious for whingers so take with a pinch of salt but give a good guideline as to the equipment used on the route and what to expect.

A mixed bag airline and certainly not up to the consistent standards of Singapore or Malaysian (who offer 34" seat pitch in cattle). But then you pay for what you get and RBA offers some good fares and will get you there. Albeit sober

On the plus you can take your own booze onboard anyhow.
Old Jul 10th 2008, 11:37 pm
Forum Regular

Liam Jackson is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by wanderer1970
Anyone flown with Royal Brunei. Have got a good fare but don't know much about them.

Thanks
Hi,

I currently live and work in Brunei and often use the airline going back and forth to the UK and Australia. I have also flown with them to a number of destinations around SE Asia with my young family.

I have never had a problem - although I am not fussy and understand that you get what you pay for. I am tall (6ft 4) and economy seats are tolerable - the flights into Brunei from LHR are usually pretty empty so there is normally to option to spread out, flying back the other way is a different matter!! Also if you are flying on to Oz after stopping in Brunei you will change to a smaller aircraft which will enevitably mean less spare seats - if any at all.

Business class is quite tired although again comfortable. I have found the staff to be more than helpful at all times.

I have read a lot of bad press regarding others experiences - I am not saying they are the best in high quality air travel, but to give credit I have always found them to be efficient, comfortable, clean and value for money.

Hope this helps

Good luck
Old Jul 10th 2008, 11:52 pm

Poppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond repute

Flown to Aussie 4 times with them excellant service extremely clean.

If I had a choice it would be JAL 1st then Brunei....Sod Quantas bloody awful, even flew with KLM once not sure if they do that route now but horrendous.
Old Jul 11th 2008, 1:47 am
The Mango King

Antney is a name known to allAntney is a name known to allAntney is a name known to allAntney is a name known to allAntney is a name known to allAntney is a name known to allAntney is a name known to allAntney is a name known to allAntney is a name known to allAntney is a name known to allAntney is a name known to all

My mum flew from the UK with them. She said they were OK, but was a bit put off by all the praying that happended before take off!!!
Old Jul 11th 2008, 1:53 am

Poppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Antney
My mum flew from the UK with them. She said they were OK, but was a bit put off by all the praying that happended before take off!!!
Oh forgot that part yes they bless the plane before take off every time but I found that kinda nice and reassuring
Old Jul 11th 2008, 10:51 am
BE Forum Addict

ali south has a brilliant futureali south has a brilliant futureali south has a brilliant futureali south has a brilliant futureali south has a brilliant futureali south has a brilliant futureali south has a brilliant futureali south has a brilliant future

Its been said but
No Booze!!!!!!!

Otherwise I had a really good flight.