Royal Brunei

Old Jan 24th 2006, 4:13 pm
BE Forum Addict

manxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond repute
Default Royal Brunei

Hi Mrs Manxfamily here, my first post, due to husband and eldest daughter normally posting the pish and piffle, and also getting the computer away from them always helps!!

Can anyone tell me if they know about Royal Brunei airways, just got some great quotes but thats not always good news!! any help would be great.
Old Jan 24th 2006, 4:44 pm
BE Forum Addict

hilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Royal Brunei

Hi Mrs M

You want to see OriginalSunshine about that airline, they seem to be in the no about RBA
Old Jan 24th 2006, 4:53 pm
When?? We ask ourselves!!

andy & jayne is just really niceandy & jayne is just really niceandy & jayne is just really niceandy & jayne is just really niceandy & jayne is just really niceandy & jayne is just really niceandy & jayne is just really niceandy & jayne is just really niceandy & jayne is just really nice

Originally Posted by manxfamily
Hi Mrs Manxfamily here, my first post, due to husband and eldest daughter normally posting the pish and piffle, and also getting the computer away from them always helps!!

Can anyone tell me if they know about Royal Brunei airways, just got some great quotes but thats not always good news!! any help would be great.
I believe I read they do not serve alcohol on board, which for a nervous flyer like me, that is no good!

Jayne
Old Jan 24th 2006, 4:55 pm
BE Forum Addict

hilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by andy & jayne
I believe I read they do not serve alcohol on board, which for a nervous flyer like me, that is no good!

Jayne
:scared: Shocking :scared:
Old Jan 24th 2006, 5:00 pm
Gold Member

skywalker has a reputation beyond reputeskywalker has a reputation beyond reputeskywalker has a reputation beyond reputeskywalker has a reputation beyond reputeskywalker has a reputation beyond reputeskywalker has a reputation beyond reputeskywalker has a reputation beyond reputeskywalker has a reputation beyond reputeskywalker has a reputation beyond reputeskywalker has a reputation beyond reputeskywalker has a reputation beyond repute

It was a thread yesterday, and many more; do a search and you'll find all you need!
Old Jan 24th 2006, 8:02 pm
BE Enthusiast

WESTLY has much to be proud ofWESTLY has much to be proud ofWESTLY has much to be proud ofWESTLY has much to be proud ofWESTLY has much to be proud ofWESTLY has much to be proud ofWESTLY has much to be proud ofWESTLY has much to be proud ofWESTLY has much to be proud ofWESTLY has much to be proud ofWESTLY has much to be proud of

[QUOTE=manxfamily]Hi Mrs Manxfamily here, my first post, due to husband and eldest daughter normally posting the pish and piffle, and also getting the computer away from them always helps!!

Can anyone tell me if they know about Royal Brunei airways, just got some great quotes but thats not always good news!! any help would be great.[/QUOTE

I have flown with RB numerous times and they were ok.

On one occasion His Majesty decided to rip the seats out of an aircraft and fly his polo ponys to South America, and the passengers had to wait until another aircraft was deployed, apart from this there were no issues, except for - unrepentant sinners who take whisky with their dinner.

Westly Russell
Old Jan 24th 2006, 8:16 pm
BE Forum Addict

manxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=WESTLY]

Can anyone tell me if they know about Royal Brunei airways, just got some great quotes but thats not always good news!! any help would be great.[/QUOTE

I have flown with RB numerous times and they were ok.

On one occasion His Majesty decided to rip the seats out of an aircraft and fly his polo ponys to South America, and the passengers had to wait until another aircraft was deployed, apart from this there were no issues, except for - unrepentant sinners who take whisky with their dinner.

Westly Russell

Thanks for the input. At least that means no p*** heads will be on board, and no temptation for us travelling with three kids either!
Old Jan 24th 2006, 9:07 pm
Forum Regular

S J Jackson has a brilliant futureS J Jackson has a brilliant futureS J Jackson has a brilliant futureS J Jackson has a brilliant futureS J Jackson has a brilliant futureS J Jackson has a brilliant future

[QUOTE=manxfamily]
Originally Posted by WESTLY

Thanks for the input. At least that means no p*** heads will be on board, and no temptation for us travelling with three kids either!
We have travelled with Royal Brunei.
The lack of alcohol on board is not a problem as you are permitted to take your own on board if you want to!

The planes we travelled on seemed a lot older that some we have flown on before - seats a bit tatty etc.

Again there were no modern tv units in the head rests - only the joint screens to watch and we did not get very good movies - maybe we were just unlucky - we got to watch Sabrina (Harrison Ford I think??) then later on the same flight we got to watch the black and white version (Humphrey Boagart??) of the same movie - not sure whos idea that was!!! Luckily I always take a couple of good books to keep me happy, daughter had her own books and music and hubby just winged as he is not a reader!! Apparantly there are newer planes with the tvs in headrests but on the flights we have been on we have yet to see them!

Food - ok but then we are easy to please and generally will eat anything put in front of us.

POSITIVES - flights are cheap and the child rate of a third off applies until the child is 19!!!

Would probably only use this airline again if I am strapped for cash - found that Japan air were not much different in price - we have used them before and definately a better service. Unfortunately we could not get the availability on the Japan Airlines flight last time and went with Royal Brunei instead.

hope this helps??!!

Sarah
Old Jan 24th 2006, 9:13 pm
BE Forum Addict

[QUOTE=S J Jackson]

We have travelled with Royal Brunei.
The lack of alcohol on board is not a problem as you are permitted to take your own on board if you want to!

The planes we travelled on seemed a lot older that some we have flown on before - seats a bit tatty etc.

Again there were no modern tv units in the head rests - only the joint screens to watch and we did not get very good movies - maybe we were just unlucky - we got to watch Sabrina (Harrison Ford I think??) then later on the same flight we got to watch the black and white version (Humphrey Boagart??) of the same movie - not sure whos idea that was!!! Luckily I always take a couple of good books to keep me happy, daughter had her own books and music and hubby just winged as he is not a reader!! Apparantly there are newer planes with the tvs in headrests but on the flights we have been on we have yet to see them!

Food - ok but then we are easy to please and generally will eat anything put in front of us.

POSITIVES - flights are cheap and the child rate of a third off applies until the child is 19!!!

Would probably only use this airline again if I am strapped for cash - found that Japan air were not much different in price - we have used them before and definately a better service. Unfortunately we could not get the availability on the Japan Airlines flight last time and went with Royal Brunei instead.

hope this helps??!!

Sarah
thanks do you know what the link is for japan?
Old Jan 24th 2006, 9:48 pm
Forum Regular

S J Jackson has a brilliant futureS J Jackson has a brilliant futureS J Jackson has a brilliant futureS J Jackson has a brilliant futureS J Jackson has a brilliant futureS J Jackson has a brilliant future

[QUOTE=manxfamily]
Originally Posted by S J Jackson

thanks do you know what the link is for japan?
Sorry can`t remember. We got quotes from the local travelagent (Flightcentre). January seems to be a good time to book - the early bird savings and all that!

Got to go

Sarah
Old Jan 24th 2006, 10:03 pm
Banned

Lewis Lapthorn has a reputation beyond reputeLewis Lapthorn has a reputation beyond reputeLewis Lapthorn has a reputation beyond reputeLewis Lapthorn has a reputation beyond reputeLewis Lapthorn has a reputation beyond reputeLewis Lapthorn has a reputation beyond reputeLewis Lapthorn has a reputation beyond reputeLewis Lapthorn has a reputation beyond reputeLewis Lapthorn has a reputation beyond reputeLewis Lapthorn has a reputation beyond reputeLewis Lapthorn has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=manxfamily]
Originally Posted by WESTLY

That's right - no p*** heads, but not too happy about the staff.

Your pilot may decide to become a martyr at 35,000 feet. :scared:
Old Jan 24th 2006, 11:02 pm
Forum Regular

Red face Re: Royal Brunei

[QUOTE=Lewis Lapthorn]

That's right - no p*** heads, but not too happy about the staff.

Most of our pilots seemd to be European - mostly english accents.
At the start of each flight there is an Islamic (I think) prayer which was supposed to protect travellers from harm!! Not sure it made me feel any better. Actually I tend to think that you would be safer on a Brunei plane than you would on an American or British flight??!! Maybe I am just being naive?? Probably no different level of threat on any plane.
Old Jan 24th 2006, 11:17 pm
Banned

Lewis Lapthorn has a reputation beyond reputeLewis Lapthorn has a reputation beyond reputeLewis Lapthorn has a reputation beyond reputeLewis Lapthorn has a reputation beyond reputeLewis Lapthorn has a reputation beyond reputeLewis Lapthorn has a reputation beyond reputeLewis Lapthorn has a reputation beyond reputeLewis Lapthorn has a reputation beyond reputeLewis Lapthorn has a reputation beyond reputeLewis Lapthorn has a reputation beyond reputeLewis Lapthorn has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=S J Jackson]
Originally Posted by Lewis Lapthorn

Most of our pilots seemd to be European - mostly english accents.
At the start of each flight there is an Islamic (I think) prayer which was supposed to protect travellers from harm!! Not sure it made me feel any better. Actually I tend to think that you would be safer on a Brunei plane than you would on an American or British flight??!! Maybe I am just being naive?? Probably no different level of threat on any plane.
The worst one we had was on the Sydney to Singapore leg one time (Singapore Airlines). The pilot must have hit the wrong button, so we could hear everything her was saying to air traffic control.

Thing is, most of it was in double dutch - which makes you wonder what the hell is going on!!
Old Jan 25th 2006, 1:23 am
Rocket Scientist

Location: Dreamland AKA Brisbane which is a different country to the UK
MrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=Lewis Lapthorn]
Originally Posted by S J Jackson

The worst one we had was on the Sydney to Singapore leg one time (Singapore Airlines). The pilot must have hit the wrong button, so we could hear everything her was saying to air traffic control.

Thing is, most of it was in double dutch - which makes you wonder what the hell is going on!!
When we flew internally in the US last year there was actually a radio channel that you could tune to in your headset in our plane that allowed you to listen to the air traffic controllers & all the planes taking off.

You are right, it was mainly double dutch, but still pretty cool & the kids loved it .

To the OP, I've flown RB (albeit a whie ago now) & had no problem with them, but then lack of alcohol doesnt worry me (as has been pointed out, you can take your own onboard anyway if you cant survive without it). If you are interested in cheap flights, can I suggest you look at EVAair (Air Tawain) & consider the Evergreen Deluxe class (ugraded economy)? We flew with them last year & found them to be excellent value for money & the extra comfort & leg room came at a price less than a standard economy class seat with Singapore or any of the other major airlines.
Old Jan 25th 2006, 1:37 am
BE Forum Addict

NKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=Lewis Lapthorn]

Unlikely bearing in mind that 90% of the pilots are Brits and Aussies.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.