Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Royal Australian Navy Question

Royal Australian Navy Question

Old Aug 3rd 2010, 2:15 pm
Social Grenade Thrower

paddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Royal Australian Navy Question

Originally Posted by ROMFT_WO2RN
Yup meant Thales

Blagged it?, never would have thought a matelot would do such a thing

Prefer permanent to temp visa and have planned in my ELC courses already to add extra quals

Typically the RAN don't want us skimmer WE's, obviously not enough zeds left in their pits

Cheers for the info, clearly not all bad even for a wafu
I am on Temp, just been extended for another 4 years and it suits me financially, plus if at any time I want to return to UK they have to cover all expenses. Perm is good if you are 100% sure its what you want and KNOW you will have no issues within the family about leaving friends/family behind, including potential funerals!!
Both have their pluses and minuses but for me the Temp meets my needs...for now!
Old Aug 3rd 2010, 3:52 pm
Shiny Arse Know All

ROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by paddyo
I am on Temp, just been extended for another 4 years and it suits me financially, plus if at any time I want to return to UK they have to cover all expenses. Perm is good if you are 100% sure its what you want and KNOW you will have no issues within the family about leaving friends/family behind, including potential funerals!!
Both have their pluses and minuses but for me the Temp meets my needs...for now!
Can see the pluses especially LAFHA etc. Also know a guy who joined the RAN moved over and the missus hated it Not only had to pay for the trip home but re-imburse the RAN for the original costs :curse:

Luckly I've been over twice with the mob, Uncle and Aunt live in sydney and the wife and kids are right up for it

might need to revisit the Temp idea if no visa after 22 up
Old Aug 3rd 2010, 11:20 pm
Social Grenade Thrower

paddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond repute

Can see the pluses especially LAFHA etc. Also know a guy who joined the RAN moved over and the missus hated it Not only had to pay for the trip home but re-imburse the RAN for the original costs :curse:

Luckly I've been over twice with the mob, Uncle and Aunt live in sydney and the wife and kids are right up for it

might need to revisit the Temp idea if no visa after 22 up
For both it will be far easier if you get a sponsor. Widen your net, don't just look at defence companies, look at transport as well, such as RailCorp and Sydney Ferries etc etc.
Old Aug 4th 2010, 7:03 am
Shiny Arse Know All

ROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond repute

For both it will be far easier if you get a sponsor. Widen your net, don't just look at defence companies, look at transport as well, such as RailCorp and Sydney Ferries etc etc.
I'll add Sydney ferries to my list. Using Seek at the moment to generate names of companies in areas I'm interested in and get an idea of salaries. The replies I've had back so far mostly indicate a preferencefor PR already and certainly earlier than Jun 12

Cheers for the advice. Proper searching will start closer to Tx date.

Off to Alton Towers in the rain for the day
Old Aug 4th 2010, 3:16 pm
Him/her n the sea

krashpoet is an unknown quantity at this point

don't mean to be sneaky but thanks for that info paddy , hubby can hand his notice in the mob from the end month . We were just looking at defence company s never thought of those !
cheers Kp
Old Aug 5th 2010, 4:34 am
Social Grenade Thrower

Originally Posted by krashpoet
don't mean to be sneaky but thanks for that info paddy , hubby can hand his notice in the mob from the end month . We were just looking at defence company s never thought of those !
cheers Kp
No worries....whats his branch?
Old Aug 5th 2010, 4:36 am
Social Grenade Thrower

I'll add Sydney ferries to my list. Using Seek at the moment to generate names of companies in areas I'm interested in and get an idea of salaries. The replies I've had back so far mostly indicate a preferencefor PR already and certainly earlier than Jun 12

Cheers for the advice. Proper searching will start closer to Tx date.

Off to Alton Towers in the rain for the day
Yes, June next year will not be on any companies radar for employment and recruiting yet. Only exceptions will be those who advertise in the UK press looking for specific skills and know there will be Visa processing times.
Old Aug 5th 2010, 6:51 am
Shiny Arse Know All

Yes, June next year will not be on any companies radar for employment and recruiting yet. Only exceptions will be those who advertise in the UK press looking for specific skills and know there will be Visa processing times.
Let alone June the year after! Time enough for an Oz housing crash
Old Aug 5th 2010, 8:51 am
Social Grenade Thrower

Let alone June the year after! Time enough for an Oz housing crash
I wish........but doubt!!!
Old Aug 5th 2010, 11:15 am
Him/her n the sea

No worries....whats his branch?
Hi Paddy he is POET(WE)
Survey ship at the moment and loving it

Bridey
Old Aug 5th 2010, 11:19 am
Shiny Arse Know All

Hi Paddy he is POET(WE)
Survey ship at the moment and loving it

Bridey
So not in the real Navy then
Old Aug 5th 2010, 11:31 am
Him/her n the sea

So not in the real Navy then
lol ! yer ok fair enough , why do you think he is loving it
Old Aug 5th 2010, 11:36 am
Shiny Arse Know All

lol ! yer ok fair enough , why do you think he is loving it
Fair point mate just joined Echo the loafing git and my now ex-flatmate is joining Scott easy bloody life

Course I'm shoreside and joining a ship in build both on FIA and SSSA. Should be out before it goes to sea as well
Old Aug 5th 2010, 11:38 am
Him/her n the sea

Fair point mate just joined Echo the loafing git and my now ex-flatmate is joining Scott easy bloody life

Course I'm shoreside and joining a ship in build both on FIA and SSSA. Should be out before it goes to sea as well
The Echo oh dear fun and games on that one pmsl hub on that one Ah fingers crossed for you ( mind the sea pay would be nice lol )
Old Aug 5th 2010, 11:49 am
Shiny Arse Know All

The Echo oh dear fun and games on that one pmsl hub on that one Ah fingers crossed for you ( mind the sea pay would be nice lol )
Sea pay taxable, GYH and FIA not Not much in it and the SSSA is much nicer than a cabin

Were WE's still on the RAN list until last October, bugger only sent off in Jan :curse:

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.