Rose wine!!!!

Old Aug 19th 2008, 8:41 am
Forum Regular

Matlissa has a spectacular aura aboutMatlissa has a spectacular aura aboutMatlissa has a spectacular aura about
Default Rose wine!!!!

Heya!

Does anyone know where I can buy Blossom Hill White Zinfandel Rose?
Or Earnest and Julio Gallo White Zinfandel Rose?

Preferably in the Melbourne area!

Thank you!
Old Aug 19th 2008, 8:55 am
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Rose wine!!!!

Originally Posted by Matlissa
Heya!

Thank you!
I have never seen it in Perth. Why the Australians would import American wine I am not quite sure. Hardys do quite a sweet rose that is similar.
Old Aug 19th 2008, 9:01 am
Forum Regular

Matlissa has a spectacular aura aboutMatlissa has a spectacular aura aboutMatlissa has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by northernbird
I have never seen it in Perth. Why the Australians would import American wine I am not quite sure. Hardys do quite a sweet rose that is similar.
Thanks for your reply!

I have tried the ones here and I dont like them!! Just wondering on the off chance whether anyone had seen it! I have seen some foreign wines here!!

I will try the hardys one though - haven't tried that one yet!

Thanks
Old Aug 19th 2008, 9:05 am
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for your reply!

I have tried the ones here and I dont like them!! Just wondering on the off chance whether anyone had seen it! I have seen some foreign wines here!!

Thanks
The Hardys one is very sweet so should suit you if you like the american sweet ones. Another one I have tried which I quite like given its sweetness is Brown Brothers Zibibbo Rosa, its sparkling but very sweet and fruity.
Old Aug 19th 2008, 9:09 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by northernbird
The Hardys one is very sweet so should suit you if you like the american sweet ones. Another one I have tried which I quite like given its sweetness is Brown Brothers Zibibbo Rosa, its sparkling but very sweet and fruity.
Thanks!
The Australian ones just taste like red and I dont like red wine!
I think I may have tried the brown brothers one and really liked it! hmm i will have to get one of those as well! lol
Thanks again! Hopefully you will have helped me fine a wine I like here!!
Old Aug 19th 2008, 9:17 am
Gutter Gob!!

Thanks!
The Australian ones just taste like red and I dont like red wine!
I think I may have tried the brown brothers one and really liked it! hmm i will have to get one of those as well! lol
Thanks again! Hopefully you will have helped me fine a wine I like here!!
If you like white wine, try looking for a late picked verdhelo, they tend to be on the sweet side too.
Old Aug 19th 2008, 10:06 am
BE Enthusiast

Santa is a splendid one to beholdSanta is a splendid one to beholdSanta is a splendid one to beholdSanta is a splendid one to beholdSanta is a splendid one to beholdSanta is a splendid one to beholdSanta is a splendid one to beholdSanta is a splendid one to beholdSanta is a splendid one to beholdSanta is a splendid one to beholdSanta is a splendid one to behold

Why not Email Gallo and see if thery import into Oz.
Old Aug 19th 2008, 10:12 am
BE Forum Addict

lesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond repute

Anything you fancy here?
http://www.vintagecellars.com.au/scr...t&keyword=rose
Old Aug 19th 2008, 10:36 am

cheekivimto07 is an unknown quantity at this point

Heya!

Thank you!
Great minds think alike, i was going to ask the same question but in the QLD area. Think i'l have to try some of the ones already suggested.
Old Aug 19th 2008, 10:42 am
BE Enthusiast

DianneH68 has much to be proud ofDianneH68 has much to be proud ofDianneH68 has much to be proud ofDianneH68 has much to be proud ofDianneH68 has much to be proud ofDianneH68 has much to be proud ofDianneH68 has much to be proud ofDianneH68 has much to be proud ofDianneH68 has much to be proud ofDianneH68 has much to be proud ofDianneH68 has much to be proud of

Yes, part of the fun is trying many, many wines until you find ones you like.
I've 'discovered' reds since I've been here, so am now very busy road testing a wide variety of whites and reds (all in the name of research, of course)
Old Aug 20th 2008, 6:56 am
Just Joined

michelle doran is an unknown quantity at this point

Can't believe it......i have moaned about this from the day i arrived, and so pleased i am not alone!!!
I am in QLD, & also a member of sirromet wines who are around the corner (handy, handy!), and no-one has a clue about white zinfandel....Hardys/gallo do not exist.
BUT, on a good note i have found "Vines cellar" sells californian w. zinfandel.........on a low note they are ALWAYS out of stock!!!
I promise i will send the name once i've bought & tried it.
Failing that you might just have to adapt to the whites....verdelho/viogniers are nice & smooth, and there is a great range called bailey & bailey, and their "tickled pink" rose is similar to w.zinfandel, and their chardonnay is really light (only $10 ish pr bottle).
happy boozing
Old Aug 20th 2008, 7:01 am
Just Joined

michelle doran is an unknown quantity at this point

sorry ....mistake! Gallo & blossom hill do not exist here........i put hardys....they do have that..its pretty crap!
Old Aug 20th 2008, 1:46 pm
BE Enthusiast

PoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to behold

Thanks for your reply!

Thanks
Funny you say that. Blossom Hill was one of my favourites and I haven't found one that I like as much just yet.
Old Aug 23rd 2008, 2:18 am
Forum Regular

Thanks everyone for your replies!
Nothing seems to be able to beat it!!

I have an update!!! I emailled this online british food shop that delivers to oz, they said that they can send Blossom Hill White Zinfandel if you order a 5.75Pounds bottle of French wine (French Connection White 75cl), and email them to let them know that you want blossom hill instead! The only downside is that the delivery is 26 pounds!! Their website is: britishcornershop.co.uk
Old Aug 27th 2008, 12:17 pm
SNH
BE Enthusiast

SNH has much to be proud ofSNH has much to be proud ofSNH has much to be proud ofSNH has much to be proud ofSNH has much to be proud ofSNH has much to be proud ofSNH has much to be proud ofSNH has much to be proud ofSNH has much to be proud ofSNH has much to be proud ofSNH has much to be proud of

I don't know about those particular wines, but I always buy and drink French (and the occasional) Spanish rosés.

You are certainly not limited to Australian wine here. I have a shelf full of stuff from everywhere from Germany to California to South Africa to South America.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.