Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

roofer tiler needs help please

roofer tiler needs help please

Old Aug 26th 2004, 2:06 pm
Forum Regular

a.dunn50 has a brilliant futurea.dunn50 has a brilliant futurea.dunn50 has a brilliant futurea.dunn50 has a brilliant futurea.dunn50 has a brilliant futurea.dunn50 has a brilliant future
Default roofer tiler needs help please

hi im nearly ready to send off tra form,i dont seem to have much to tell them on most pages!as im trying to get in with ON THE JOB EXPERIENCE.ive worked for my uncle roofing for 18 years,what are my chances? we have a sponsor too, and i have a referance from employer,also paperwork off him detailing my day to day work.does anyone think this is enough for skilled independant designated area sponsor, for NSW australia?
yours ALAN (half worried form filler)
Old Aug 26th 2004, 3:23 pm
Forum Regular

CK2B will become famous soon enough
Default Re: roofer tiler needs help please

Hi Alan,
Not sure how much information you've included but with TRA you need to tell them everything. Have you given detailed descriptions of what your job involves on a daily basis from loading the van to cleaning tools at end of the day - they want the lot. Dates you started work, how many years you were an apprentice, etc. Have you done any safety courses, include info if you have. I'd advise getting some-one else to read over everything you've put together (not another roof tiler) and see if it all makes sense to them.

Best of luck, fingers crossed for a positive assessment
CK
Old Aug 26th 2004, 8:16 pm
Forum Regular

a.dunn50 has a brilliant futurea.dunn50 has a brilliant futurea.dunn50 has a brilliant futurea.dunn50 has a brilliant futurea.dunn50 has a brilliant futurea.dunn50 has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by CK2B
Hi Alan,
Not sure how much information you've included but with TRA you need to tell them everything. Have you given detailed descriptions of what your job involves on a daily basis from loading the van to cleaning tools at end of the day - they want the lot. Dates you started work, how many years you were an apprentice, etc. Have you done any safety courses, include info if you have. I'd advise getting some-one else to read over everything you've put together (not another roof tiler) and see if it all makes sense to them.

Best of luck, fingers crossed for a positive assessment
CK
thanks for your reply some kind people about.thanks much appreciated alan
Old Aug 26th 2004, 9:28 pm

cresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by a.dunn50
hi im nearly ready to send off tra form,i dont seem to have much to tell them on most pages!as im trying to get in with ON THE JOB EXPERIENCE.ive worked for my uncle roofing for 18 years,what are my chances? we have a sponsor too, and i have a referance from employer,also paperwork off him detailing my day to day work.does anyone think this is enough for skilled independant designated area sponsor, for NSW australia?
yours ALAN (half worried form filler)
This is the link I usually post in answer to your question. It's for a Canadian web site but the job descriptions are accurate and described perfectly for the TRA. Take a look at the one for roof tiler /shingler.
I used the basic description for my TRA changing it to suit my needs.

http://www23.hrdc-drhc.gc.ca/2001/e/groups/7.shtml