Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

The rollercoaster ride!! (long post... sorry)

The rollercoaster ride!! (long post... sorry)

Old Sep 25th 2007, 10:21 am
BE Forum Addict

mand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The rollercoaster ride!! (long post... sorry)

What a good post. It was after visiting in 2003 that we wanted to make the move. although it was my husband that was not keen. Now though, he is so pleased that I was determined as he loves is here, as we all do.
Old Sep 25th 2007, 10:42 am

Clippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond repute

Great post
Old Sep 25th 2007, 12:36 pm
Just Joined

jenandjames is on a distinguished road

Makes me want to be there already. We leave for the Sunshine Coast on 3rd Jan 08. We have not been before, but your comments have given me an insight to how we may feel when we arrive. Thanks for your views.
Old Sep 25th 2007, 12:55 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Sounds like you had a great reccie. Good luck to you when you get here. Hope you settle as quick as we did.
Old Dec 28th 2007, 6:00 pm
BE Forum Addict

WelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to behold

Hi all and thanks for all the positive replys.

Just a quick update on the rollercoaster.......

OH MY GOODNESS WE ARE ON OUR WAY!!!

The Boys have been offered places at the queensland academies for maths, science & health studies........ starting a new term on 28th January!!!

We have had basically 6 weeks to organise everything from the sale of the house to the sorting out of the business, booking flights, parties, packers etc etc etc and Christmas in between too!!!

Anyway, we are on our way we have our leaving 'do' on 6th Jan, we travel to Heathrow on 11th and fly on 12th via Kuala Lumpa & Sydney landing in Brisbane on 13th January!!

I will keep you all up to date with the highs and lows, the laughs and cries, and even though i am absolutely dreading the next 2 weeks i am in no doubt i am making the right decision for my boys.

See you all soon!!!
Old Dec 28th 2007, 6:08 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond repute

Really great posts Sarah & I can feel your excitement!
What a whirlwind you must be in at the moment too!
Loads of luck with the move & look forward to hearing more once you are there again!
Old Dec 28th 2007, 6:13 pm
BE Forum Addict

WelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to behold

Many thanks!!!!

I never do anything 'stress free!!!'

Old Dec 28th 2007, 6:14 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by justsarah
Many thanks!!!!

I never do anything 'stress free!!!'

Well, you've certainly gone for it big style this time!
Old Dec 28th 2007, 6:22 pm
BE Forum Addict

Always been the same!!!

This time 16 years ago me and OH decided to get married... I booked the whole thing for 200 people, church and all the trimmings, and got married on leap day 9 weeks later!!!

And moved house the weekend before the wedding too!!!

Stress freak me for sure !!!

Old Dec 28th 2007, 6:34 pm
BE Forum Addict

brissydeb is a splendid one to beholdbrissydeb is a splendid one to beholdbrissydeb is a splendid one to beholdbrissydeb is a splendid one to beholdbrissydeb is a splendid one to beholdbrissydeb is a splendid one to beholdbrissydeb is a splendid one to beholdbrissydeb is a splendid one to beholdbrissydeb is a splendid one to beholdbrissydeb is a splendid one to beholdbrissydeb is a splendid one to behold

Best of luck Sarah!

Debbie
Old Dec 28th 2007, 6:38 pm
BE Forum Addict

Thanks Debbie!!!

Lets meet up once we get to the other side eh!

Old Dec 28th 2007, 7:21 pm
Forum Regular

justcantwait will become famous soon enoughjustcantwait will become famous soon enough

hi sarah
good luck with your new life hopefully we wont be to far behind you just sorting house sale out hubby wants to be out in feb seems a bit manic but hey lifes to short
have a fab leaving do!!!!

anne marie xx
Old Dec 28th 2007, 7:29 pm
BE Forum Addict

brissydeb is a splendid one to beholdbrissydeb is a splendid one to beholdbrissydeb is a splendid one to beholdbrissydeb is a splendid one to beholdbrissydeb is a splendid one to beholdbrissydeb is a splendid one to beholdbrissydeb is a splendid one to beholdbrissydeb is a splendid one to beholdbrissydeb is a splendid one to beholdbrissydeb is a splendid one to beholdbrissydeb is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by justsarah
Thanks Debbie!!!

Lets meet up once we get to the other side eh!

Sounds great Sarah, where in Brisbane are you hoping to settle?

Debbie
Old Dec 28th 2007, 9:56 pm
BE Enthusiast

tillysmum is a splendid one to beholdtillysmum is a splendid one to beholdtillysmum is a splendid one to beholdtillysmum is a splendid one to beholdtillysmum is a splendid one to beholdtillysmum is a splendid one to beholdtillysmum is a splendid one to beholdtillysmum is a splendid one to beholdtillysmum is a splendid one to beholdtillysmum is a splendid one to beholdtillysmum is a splendid one to behold

Hi sarah
congratulations on making the decision, you sound just like me I enjoy a challenge got our visa in oct moved nov

how did you get boys into the college from uk as they have to take entrance test, did they do it in uk or did they go off school reports or sats results. we have been here since end of nov seen lots of schools but none grab me yet.
starting to panic a bit as jessica (15) went to a good state school in uk and would like to find similar.
Old Dec 28th 2007, 11:04 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute

How exciting Justsarah!

Hope that it all goes well for you !!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.