Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Rockingham Area.

Rockingham Area.

Old Jan 13th 2005, 1:03 pm
Forum Regular

caroledouglas has a spectacular aura aboutcaroledouglas has a spectacular aura aboutcaroledouglas has a spectacular aura about
Default Rockingham Area.

Can anyone give us a little advice on what areas around Rockingham are nice and good for familys.
We have family in Kwinana area but dont know if it will be too quiet for us.
I am 32 , hubbie is 37 and we have a little girl who will be 4 in April.
Any advice would be appreciated.
Cheers Carole
Old Jan 13th 2005, 1:12 pm
Down Under and Lovin It

Jacko1 will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Rockingham Area.

Originally Posted by caroledouglas
Can anyone give us a little advice on what areas around Rockingham are nice and good for familys.
Cheers Carole
Try sending a PM to ACE they spent a lot of time in Rockingham/Port Kenedy recently

Paul J
Old Jan 13th 2005, 3:00 pm
BE Enthusiast

sophia is just really nicesophia is just really nicesophia is just really nicesophia is just really nicesophia is just really nicesophia is just really nicesophia is just really nicesophia is just really nicesophia is just really nice

hiya carole

We've lived in Rockingham for 2.5 years now and we really like it. It is probably more suited to families than Kwinana. I would recommend rockingham anytime...shame I couldn't say the same about kwinana. It is a very pretty place with lots of bushland and cute fibros nestled in amongst the bushland....but it has a lower socio-economic demograph than almost anywhere else in WA.

The town of Kwinana is forecast to grow by 50% in the next 5 years due to the railway so not all parts of Kwinana are bad. It does have a pretty poor reputation however and it is very close to the industrial strip (I think it was purpose built for the industry workers).

As for Rockingham, the property prices are amongst the fastest growing in the country! The big tip I can give you is if you're going to buy in Rockingham, buy on the beach side of Read Street and you won't go too far wrong.

If you want to know anything specific...PM me!

love sophia xx
Old Jan 13th 2005, 6:56 pm
Forum Regular

caroledouglas has a spectacular aura aboutcaroledouglas has a spectacular aura aboutcaroledouglas has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by sophia
hiya carole

We've lived in Rockingham for 2.5 years now and we really like it. It is probably more suited to families than Kwinana. I would recommend rockingham anytime...shame I couldn't say the same about kwinana. It is a very pretty place with lots of bushland and cute fibros nestled in amongst the bushland....but it has a lower socio-economic demograph than almost anywhere else in WA.

The town of Kwinana is forecast to grow by 50% in the next 5 years due to the railway so not all parts of Kwinana are bad. It does have a pretty poor reputation however and it is very close to the industrial strip (I think it was purpose built for the industry workers).

As for Rockingham, the property prices are amongst the fastest growing in the country! The big tip I can give you is if you're going to buy in Rockingham, buy on the beach side of Read Street and you won't go too far wrong.

If you want to know anything specific...PM me!

love sophia xx

Thanks for the advise . Rockingham is looking good though.
Old Sep 20th 2005, 2:25 pm
Just Joined

EarlyConvict is an unknown quantity at this point

Cheers Carole
Hi Carol,

I posted a thread earlier today titled "Rockingham Western Australia - a favourite destination". You should find some answers if you search for this thread and read the content. I included the URL for a cool Rockingham website (not mine) but put together by a lady with a passion for Rockingham.

EarlyConvict
Old Sep 20th 2005, 2:28 pm
BE Enthusiast

AndyD is a name known to allAndyD is a name known to allAndyD is a name known to allAndyD is a name known to allAndyD is a name known to allAndyD is a name known to allAndyD is a name known to allAndyD is a name known to allAndyD is a name known to allAndyD is a name known to allAndyD is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Jacko1
Try sending a PM to ACE they spent a lot of time in Rockingham/Port Kenedy recently

Paul J
Can you send to me also
Old Sep 20th 2005, 2:32 pm
BE Forum Addict

manxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond repute

I know a family who live in Rockingham and they love it.

Great for families and those who love the beach.

We originally looked at WA but decided on the East Coast. Rockingham was definately on our list of possible Perth locations.
Old Sep 20th 2005, 5:06 pm
BE Enthusiast

STUBBS has a brilliant futureSTUBBS has a brilliant futureSTUBBS has a brilliant futureSTUBBS has a brilliant futureSTUBBS has a brilliant futureSTUBBS has a brilliant future

If you go on a site called www.emi-great.com they all live around that area, ask any question on the site and someone will be glad to answer it as they are a really friendly bunch.
Donna .
Old Sep 20th 2005, 8:34 pm
Forum Regular

the-travelling-wilburys is on a distinguished road

Cheers Carole
Hi We were in Rockingham for about a month.We were right near the sea front,next to a resturant called ;Thai by the sea;I suggest you try the resturant cause it is really nice.Also it is a good starting point to explore the area.I suggest you walk from the resturant along the sea front up towards the penguin cafe,continue along this road and you will eventually come round full circle.This area in my opinion was the nicest,really quiet and close to most things.Hope this has been of help.Ps while at the penguin cafe hire a kayake and paddle out to the island off shore which is a penguin santuary.Best wishes Mr Wilbury.
Old Sep 20th 2005, 8:41 pm
Forum Regular

Susan Devoy is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by the-travelling-wilburys
Hi We were in Rockingham for about a month.We were right near the sea front,next to a resturant called ;Thai by the sea;I suggest you try the resturant cause it is really nice.Also it is a good starting point to explore the area.I suggest you walk from the resturant along the sea front up towards the penguin cafe,continue along this road and you will eventually come round full circle.This area in my opinion was the nicest,really quiet and close to most things.Hope this has been of help.Ps while at the penguin cafe hire a kayake and paddle out to the island off shore which is a penguin santuary.Best wishes Mr Wilbury.
Mr Wilbury

I know you are from Whitehaven, did you visit friends in Rockingham by any chance?

S
Old Sep 20th 2005, 8:57 pm
Forum Regular

the-travelling-wilburys is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by Susan Devoy
Mr Wilbury

I know you are from Whitehaven, did you visit friends in Rockingham by any chance?

S
Hi, we met some people in Rockingham who arranged some rented accomodation for us.They were not friends as such,more aquaintances,but were really nice and showed us all round the area.We are off to Brisbane,Where are you going? Mr Wilbury.
Old Sep 21st 2005, 7:08 am
Forum Regular

Susan Devoy is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by the-travelling-wilburys
Hi, we met some people in Rockingham who arranged some rented accomodation for us.They were not friends as such,more aquaintances,but were really nice and showed us all round the area.We are off to Brisbane,Where are you going? Mr Wilbury.
Oh, I thought you might have know Temps and the crew

We are going to Adelaide (STNI). I really liked Brisbane when we were there, it's great. We will definately be up there at some point, the theme parks will be perfect for our little boy!

Speak to you soon

S