Rockingham

Old Oct 11th 2007, 8:55 am
BE Enthusiast

midwife2be is a glorious beacon of lightmidwife2be is a glorious beacon of lightmidwife2be is a glorious beacon of lightmidwife2be is a glorious beacon of lightmidwife2be is a glorious beacon of lightmidwife2be is a glorious beacon of lightmidwife2be is a glorious beacon of lightmidwife2be is a glorious beacon of lightmidwife2be is a glorious beacon of lightmidwife2be is a glorious beacon of lightmidwife2be is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Rockingham

Originally Posted by hitchcock71
what areas are really bad then ???? which are the major areas ?
I'd like to know that too, and what about the schools in the area, (primary and high school )

thanks x
Old Oct 11th 2007, 9:29 am
BE Forum Addict

hitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by midwife2be
I'd like to know that too, and what about the schools in the area, (primary and high school )

thanks x
you following me???????????????????????????? oh i suppose you are really !!!!as i am going in 3 weeks and you going in jan
Old Oct 11th 2007, 10:20 am
BE Enthusiast

midwife2be is a glorious beacon of lightmidwife2be is a glorious beacon of lightmidwife2be is a glorious beacon of lightmidwife2be is a glorious beacon of lightmidwife2be is a glorious beacon of lightmidwife2be is a glorious beacon of lightmidwife2be is a glorious beacon of lightmidwife2be is a glorious beacon of lightmidwife2be is a glorious beacon of lightmidwife2be is a glorious beacon of lightmidwife2be is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by hitchcock71
you following me???????????????????????????? oh i suppose you are really !!!!as i am going in 3 weeks and you going in jan
ok, ok, ok, I know your going before me - no need to rub it in
Old Oct 11th 2007, 11:23 am
BE Forum Addict

hitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by midwife2be
ok, ok, ok, I know your going before me - no need to rub it in
Old Oct 11th 2007, 2:29 pm
BE Enthusiast

ianbrown is an unknown quantity at this pointianbrown is an unknown quantity at this pointianbrown is an unknown quantity at this pointianbrown is an unknown quantity at this pointianbrown is an unknown quantity at this pointianbrown is an unknown quantity at this pointianbrown is an unknown quantity at this pointianbrown is an unknown quantity at this pointianbrown is an unknown quantity at this pointianbrown is an unknown quantity at this pointianbrown is an unknown quantity at this point

I have been to Rockingham and its very nice, Hope to live there if/when we get visas
Old Oct 11th 2007, 7:55 pm
Forum Regular

telpen is an unknown quantity at this point

I lived in Mandurah which was great even better when train is in operation.
Rocky is bigger but still a cool place .love secret harbour and it will have more infrastructure in the future such a nice beach.
You can only find out for yourself give yourself a little settling time there is no rush just take a deep breath and enjoy
best of luck
Old Oct 17th 2007, 8:50 am
Its all going south......

betsyboob is a glorious beacon of lightbetsyboob is a glorious beacon of lightbetsyboob is a glorious beacon of lightbetsyboob is a glorious beacon of lightbetsyboob is a glorious beacon of lightbetsyboob is a glorious beacon of lightbetsyboob is a glorious beacon of lightbetsyboob is a glorious beacon of lightbetsyboob is a glorious beacon of lightbetsyboob is a glorious beacon of lightbetsyboob is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Dorothy
Sorry, that sounded a little rude. It wasn't meant to be at all. What I meant was that if you like the area then it's where you should live. The number of people who told us not to move to Clarkson because it was "rough" and the schools were bad astounds me. This was from people who have never set foot in our suburb.

My advice...Find what you and your family like and move there. To hell with what anyone else thinks.
Hi, how do you find clarkson, i have just been looking at property and it is much more affordable than a lot os suburbs in Rockingham. We have 2 young children, what are the best/closest schools there?
Bex x
Old Oct 17th 2007, 9:16 am
Forum Regular

smee is a name known to allsmee is a name known to allsmee is a name known to allsmee is a name known to allsmee is a name known to allsmee is a name known to allsmee is a name known to allsmee is a name known to allsmee is a name known to allsmee is a name known to allsmee is a name known to all

Originally Posted by julesandco
It's not 'part' of Rockingham, SH just comes under Rockingham City Council. Which is a good thing if you're building as Rocky are taking 6 weeks to approve planning applications and Mandurah are taking a minimum of 12!

Mandurah for years was the 'retirement' destination of WA. Now with all the infrastructure, it's a booming, vibrant, cool place to live.

Rockingham is older and has more industry on it's door step. They are sinking a lot of money into renovating the foreshore in Rocky - Rocky is probably what Mandurah was like 10 years ago.

I prefer Mandurah as a town, but it makes no difference to me what council we come under.

Jules
Secret Harbour IS a suburb of Rockingham as is Warnbro, Baldivis, Rockingham Beach, Karnup, Safety Bay etc.
Rockignham has always been bigger than Mandurah. The reason Mandurah has more infrastructure being built along the esturay is it is classed as 'country' so therefore receives more government funding than it's neighbour Rockingham which is classed as metropolitan.
Old Oct 17th 2007, 9:22 am
Forum Regular

smee is a name known to allsmee is a name known to allsmee is a name known to allsmee is a name known to allsmee is a name known to allsmee is a name known to allsmee is a name known to allsmee is a name known to allsmee is a name known to allsmee is a name known to allsmee is a name known to all

I agree with one of the previous posters, people are all too quick to put an area down they know little or nothing about.
Have a look at the links below, Rockingham has a lot to offer young families, affordable housing, good schools and pristine beaches.

http://www.totaltravel.com.au/travel...gham-visitor-9

http://www.rockinghamvisitorcentre.c...rockingham.asp

http://www.rockingham-tourism.com/intro.html

http://www.rockinghamwa.com/Portal_G...fault.asp?id=3

http://www.rockingham.wa.gov.au/

I have lived in the area for 34 years and have raised my first generation of Aussies (my children) here and wouldn't want to live anywhere else.
Old Oct 17th 2007, 10:05 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

eddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond repute

We rented in rockingham when we first arrived as it was the only place we could find a 3 week rental furnished etc where we could explore and rent longer term from.... then we panicked and rented for 6 months as we got desparate....

everyone turns their noses up a little when you say you live there.... it's full of pomms... but I'm a pomm so that isn't a worry for me... I have nothing against 'my own people'

It depends where you are working and what you want from life... I work in the city and don't mind the 45 minute drive on the freeway....

Shopping, its the same as any other WA shopping.... you'll know what I mean when you get here.. If you want Perth City then its there for when you want it... until the train line opens Mandurah is just a little too far for even me to drive daily to perth....I don't really see the attraction of mandurah becasue I'm not the yachting type, more the bucket and spade brigade... tho if I was the yachting type I'd be ok here in Rocky too...

It's ok... maybe not the most celubrious (? started the wine already and can't spell) area.... but then I didn't live in Park LAne, kensington palace or Mayfair in the uk.... I grew up on what was the largest council estate in Europe at the time..... You take the rough with the smooth... and it wouldn't take long for the 'nicest' place to turn a little feral...

The beach at rockingham is 'safe' for smaller children and weaker swimmers... and the coast a few miles down is delightful....

I suppose it comes down to what do you want from australia? and where do you need to live?
Old Oct 17th 2007, 11:48 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by betsyboob
Hi, how do you find clarkson, i have just been looking at property and it is much more affordable than a lot os suburbs in Rockingham. We have 2 young children, what are the best/closest schools there?
Bex x
I really like it here in Clarkson. We have everything we need here; shopping centre, cafes, close to the beach and about 15 minutes to Joondalup if we need anything not available in town. The train is here as well, so travel to the city is really convenient.
Both of my kids go to the state schools here. My son is in year 6 at Clarkson Primary and daughter in year 8 at Clarkson High. Both kids love their schools and I think they are getting a very good well rounded education. There is also a very good private school just up the road about 5 minutes - Quinn's Baptist - which my daughter is interested in going to next year. I personally don't see the need to pay private school fees when the state schools here are fine.
Take a drive up to Clarkson to take a look around. If you PM me I'll meet you for a coffee and show you around a bit.
Old Oct 18th 2007, 5:54 am
Its all going south......

betsyboob is a glorious beacon of lightbetsyboob is a glorious beacon of lightbetsyboob is a glorious beacon of lightbetsyboob is a glorious beacon of lightbetsyboob is a glorious beacon of lightbetsyboob is a glorious beacon of lightbetsyboob is a glorious beacon of lightbetsyboob is a glorious beacon of lightbetsyboob is a glorious beacon of lightbetsyboob is a glorious beacon of lightbetsyboob is a glorious beacon of light

I really like it here in Clarkson. We have everything we need here; shopping centre, cafes, close to the beach and about 15 minutes to Joondalup if we need anything not available in town. The train is here as well, so travel to the city is really convenient.
Both of my kids go to the state schools here. My son is in year 6 at Clarkson Primary and daughter in year 8 at Clarkson High. Both kids love their schools and I think they are getting a very good well rounded education. There is also a very good private school just up the road about 5 minutes - Quinn's Baptist - which my daughter is interested in going to next year. I personally don't see the need to pay private school fees when the state schools here are fine.
Take a drive up to Clarkson to take a look around. If you PM me I'll meet you for a coffee and show you around a bit.
I'll hold you to that, looks like we'll need all the help we can get! x
Old Oct 18th 2007, 6:09 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

No worries. Just PM me when you get to WA and we'll meet.
Old Oct 18th 2007, 9:44 am
Forum Regular

telpen is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi can u tell me if Clarkson has a trampolining club/ gymnastics club or is there one within a 15k radius? Also the state school there, does it go to year 11? Thanks
Old Oct 18th 2007, 11:23 am
Still alive

I don't know about trampoline or gymnastics. I do know the state school goes to year 12.