robinsons

Old Aug 17th 2003, 6:53 pm
BE Enthusiast

karenvirginia is a name known to allkarenvirginia is a name known to allkarenvirginia is a name known to allkarenvirginia is a name known to allkarenvirginia is a name known to allkarenvirginia is a name known to allkarenvirginia is a name known to allkarenvirginia is a name known to allkarenvirginia is a name known to allkarenvirginia is a name known to allkarenvirginia is a name known to all
Default robinsons

well, our stuff has gone and it feels very wierd, in fact very liberating! after so many weeks and months preparation it has all paid off, in fact if we've forgotten to send anything or keep anything now theres nothing we can do!
on thursday robinsons (redditch) sent three lads to begin packing and they worked very hard, radio 1 blaring out, so i stayed outside and did the garden so i did'nt get under their feet. i had taken on board all advice re; cleaning - golf clubs, garden stuff, tools etc. all scrubbed clean and wiped over with jeyes fluid, my dyson looks like it has just come fresh from currys! i disposed of the old filters and taped a box of new ones to it. my sister had given me a roll of "handle with care" thick tape, i used this to put on everything i DID'NT want them to take, i.e. on kitchen cupboards and draws, and it worked a treat. we will be living here for another five weeks so i've kept old stuff for us to use, towels, cutlery etc. which we will chuck when we go.
then on friday they finished packing garden and garage and then the 20 footer container arrived - and it was packed full in just a couple of hours. all the time they are packing they list everything and number all the cartons/packages and sign to say they have seen the contents (on stuff we have packed ourselves) and our bungalow was packed into just over 150 items! then off they went and we are left with an empty house, it seems huge!!!
we have already been lent three portable tv's and a bed and have chairs and allsorts coming in by kindly neighbours once they saw we only have our garden furniture! even our buyers brought round a vacuum cleaner today!
the funniest thing is me trying to use this laptop, i have been sending emails before i finish them, did'nt realise the return key means "send" and then somehow i sent a personal message to five people by mistake!
as i said earlier we really feel free now and can just concentrate on seeing friends and family as much as possible.
( we've even ordered a new car to pick up in sydney)
hope i have'nt rambled on too much, but this may be of interest to someone!
karen
Old Aug 17th 2003, 7:37 pm
yer twistin mi melons man

johanne is just really nicejohanne is just really nicejohanne is just really nicejohanne is just really nicejohanne is just really nicejohanne is just really nicejohanne is just really nicejohanne is just really nicejohanne is just really nicejohanne is just really nice
Default moving

Hi hope everything goes well for your move..i bet you feel like squatters dont you, all the best for the future and keep us up to date upon your arrival in the land of oz.
cheers
Old Aug 17th 2003, 8:28 pm
too busy to work members

yafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really nice

Nice to read a first hand explanation of how the packers work. WISH IT HAD BEEN US

shhhhh just whispering ........had a viewer today ....not expected........have everything crossed AGAIN sorry mustn't shout.

Sill hoping still hoping still hoping

Have a great journey in a few weeks and enjoy your new home (and car)
Old Aug 17th 2003, 9:07 pm
BE Enthusiast

karenvirginia is a name known to allkarenvirginia is a name known to allkarenvirginia is a name known to allkarenvirginia is a name known to allkarenvirginia is a name known to allkarenvirginia is a name known to allkarenvirginia is a name known to allkarenvirginia is a name known to allkarenvirginia is a name known to allkarenvirginia is a name known to allkarenvirginia is a name known to all

jo, yvonne and colin, thanks for your good wishes, and best of luck with your own situations.
our house sale will probably not complete till after we go but we've resigned ourselves to that fact and just keep fingers crossed it will follow shortly afterwards. it is a worry but thankfully we can finance ourselves for a while though of course it will delay us in purchasing any land or a house which is what we need for al to start earning.
anyway will keep you informed.
karen
Old Aug 17th 2003, 10:05 pm
BE Forum Addict

tinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud of

Great news Karen, I hope things go smoothly for you.

Something must be in the air as we had a really nice couple round to view our house today as well and another one lined up for next weekend. Funny thing is they have relatives in Aus and have been thinking about retiring out there!! It seems everyone I meet is thinking/wishing or actually going!!

Well done to you and enjoy your new life out there.
Old Aug 17th 2003, 10:05 pm
BE Forum Addict

tinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud of

Great news Karen, I hope things go smoothly for you.

Something must be in the air as we had a really nice couple round to view our house today as well and another one lined up for next weekend. Funny thing is they have relatives in Aus and have been thinking about retiring out there!! It seems everyone I meet is thinking/wishing or actually going!!

Well done to you and enjoy your new life out there.