Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

RN to Aussie Navy and Freemantle.

RN to Aussie Navy and Freemantle.

Old Jul 20th 2007, 9:25 am
3 Yrs til the good life!

terriefarrell is just really niceterriefarrell is just really niceterriefarrell is just really niceterriefarrell is just really niceterriefarrell is just really niceterriefarrell is just really niceterriefarrell is just really niceterriefarrell is just really nice
Default RN to Aussie Navy and Freemantle.

Hi everyone, complete newbie here so please be kind! At the moment my husband is serving in the RN here in England and we are seriously thinking of him transferring to the australian navy. He's a submariner and we're aware of a severe shortage over there for submariners. A couple of his friends have gone over in the past but unfortunately they're not in contact with him. I was wondering if anyone on here has moved because of joining the australian forces...also what is Freemantle like as that is where he and myself and the kids would be based. Thanks everyone in advance.
Old Jul 20th 2007, 10:37 am
BE Forum Addict

nickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: RN to Aussie Navy and Freemantle.

Originally Posted by terriefarrell
Hi everyone, complete newbie here so please be kind! At the moment my husband is serving in the RN here in England and we are seriously thinking of him transferring to the australian navy. He's a submariner and we're aware of a severe shortage over there for submariners. A couple of his friends have gone over in the past but unfortunately they're not in contact with him. I was wondering if anyone on here has moved because of joining the australian forces...also what is Freemantle like as that is where he and myself and the kids would be based. Thanks everyone in advance.
Have a look at another thread on about page 6 now re Any others transferred to the Aussie Navy, Should get a few tips off others and their experiences.
Good Luck

John (ex Submariner)
Old Jul 20th 2007, 10:55 am
Forum Regular

handbagmad is a name known to allhandbagmad is a name known to allhandbagmad is a name known to allhandbagmad is a name known to allhandbagmad is a name known to allhandbagmad is a name known to allhandbagmad is a name known to allhandbagmad is a name known to allhandbagmad is a name known to allhandbagmad is a name known to allhandbagmad is a name known to all

Hi

Welcome to the site. Sorry can't help you with your question but my partner is a submariner also - based in Plymouth. We are sending in our docs on Monday to apply for transfer. Thought long and hard about it (last 7 months) but have to give it a go as will only be wondering 'what if'.

Regards
Old Jul 20th 2007, 11:29 am
Forum Regular

hutchy is a jewel in the roughhutchy is a jewel in the roughhutchy is a jewel in the roughhutchy is a jewel in the rough

Hello,
My name is Terry and I served for 24 years in the RN and transferred to the RAN in Sep 2003. Served 3 and a bit years in the RAN and am now a copper in the WA Police. Married with 2 kids (17)/(15) and live in Rockingham which is the nearest town to the Naval Base at garden Island. Please feel free to drop me a line and we will offer any help/advice that we can. Its a great life and we have not regretted a minute since we left. By the way Fremantle, 1 e,
is a really smashing little town.

All the best

Terry ex CRS RN
Old Jul 20th 2007, 12:10 pm
Forum Regular

janet66 has much to be proud ofjanet66 has much to be proud ofjanet66 has much to be proud ofjanet66 has much to be proud ofjanet66 has much to be proud ofjanet66 has much to be proud ofjanet66 has much to be proud ofjanet66 has much to be proud ofjanet66 has much to be proud ofjanet66 has much to be proud ofjanet66 has much to be proud of

Hi there we leave sept 10th to Perth . There is a thread already going as already mentioned have a look at that , but good luck any way . Going to collect my son now from school . His last day , janet
Old Jul 20th 2007, 3:43 pm
3 Yrs til the good life!

terriefarrell is just really niceterriefarrell is just really niceterriefarrell is just really niceterriefarrell is just really niceterriefarrell is just really niceterriefarrell is just really niceterriefarrell is just really niceterriefarrell is just really nice

Originally Posted by handbagmad
Hi

Welcome to the site. Sorry can't help you with your question but my partner is a submariner also - based in Plymouth. We are sending in our docs on Monday to apply for transfer. Thought long and hard about it (last 7 months) but have to give it a go as will only be wondering 'what if'.

Regards
Oh wow, i'm in Saltash, dh is on torbay, may even know your dh......knows quite a few as he's been in for 21 years!
Old Jul 20th 2007, 3:44 pm
3 Yrs til the good life!

Originally Posted by janet66
Hi there we leave sept 10th to Perth . There is a thread already going as already mentioned have a look at that , but good luck any way . Going to collect my son now from school . His last day , janet
Originally Posted by nickyjohnt
Have a look at another thread on about page 6 now re Any others transferred to the Aussie Navy, Should get a few tips off others and their experiences.
Good Luck

John (ex Submariner)
Thanks guys going to have alook at that thread now, sorry i didnt see it.
Old Jul 20th 2007, 3:46 pm
3 Yrs til the good life!

Originally Posted by hutchy
Hello,
My name is Terry and I served for 24 years in the RN and transferred to the RAN in Sep 2003. Served 3 and a bit years in the RAN and am now a copper in the WA Police. Married with 2 kids (17)/(15) and live in Rockingham which is the nearest town to the Naval Base at garden Island. Please feel free to drop me a line and we will offer any help/advice that we can. Its a great life and we have not regretted a minute since we left. By the way Fremantle, 1 e,
is a really smashing little town.

All the best

Terry ex CRS RN
Brilliant Terry,thanks s much much appreciated.