Rivkin Back to Jail

Rivkin Back to Jail

Old Jan 29th 2004, 8:15 pm

bondipom is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Rivkin Back to Jail

http://www.smh.com.au/articles/2004/...340773482.html

Rivkin ordered back to jail
January 29, 2004 - 5:30PM

Convicted insider trader Rene Rivkin was ordered back to periodic detention by NSW Corrective Services.

Corrective Services Commissioner Ron Woodham said Rivkin had been directed to attend the Silverwater Periodic Detention Centre on Friday, February 6, at 7pm.

The department had reviewed a report aimed at determining whether Rivkin's medical conditions were serious enough to keep him out of jail.

The Commonwealth Director of Public Prosecutions (DPP) ordered Rivkin to attend an independent medical examination in December to corroborate medical certificates detailing the convicted insider trader's illnesses.
Old Jan 29th 2004, 8:33 pm
Banned

Location: I refuse to answer on the grounds it may incriminate me
Luke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Rivkin Back to Jail

Originally posted by bondipom

Convicted insider trader Rene Rivkin was ordered back to periodic detention by NSW Corrective Services.

Corrective Services Commissioner Ron Woodham said Rivkin had been directed to attend the Silverwater Periodic Detention Centre on Friday, February 6, at 7pm.

The department had reviewed a report aimed at determining whether Rivkin's medical conditions were serious enough to keep him out of jail.

The Commonwealth Director of Public Prosecutions (DPP) ordered Rivkin to attend an independent medical examination in December to corroborate medical certificates detailing the convicted insider trader's illnesses.
Makes me sick that he was able to stay free for so long. I reckon since hes saying he is ill he should be in full-time jail so corrections can monitor him, hell they have hospital wards in jail dont they ?

If the country took his lead, we would have 90% of the prison population roaming the streets claiming they are ill. Wjats so special about him ?

And dont ask me about what I think of pauline hanson, thats another person who needs to be locked up. No way she should win her damages suit.
Old Jan 29th 2004, 8:36 pm

He was just following the great tradition of chucking a sickie.

Did you watch the TV when they followed him from his luxury yacht (the one with the helicopter on the back) to be late for his hearing.
Old Jan 29th 2004, 11:09 pm
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute

He was just following the great tradition of chucking a sickie.

Did you watch the TV when they followed him from his luxury yacht (the one with the helicopter on the back) to be late for his hearing.
Anyone remember Guiness' Ernest Saunders being wheeled out of prison?

Saunders is notorious for having been released from open prison after serving 10 months of a five year sentence, which had been halved on appeal. The reasons for release included medical opinions that he was suffering from Alzheimer's disease, which is incurable. After release, he recovered from the symptoms which led to this diagnosis. His spokesmen said that they believed his illness to have been stress related, but many in the British press assumed (and reported) that he had successfully performed another fraud.
Old Jan 29th 2004, 11:29 pm
Forum Regular

MrsTurbo is an unknown quantity at this point

If only they could get Christopher Skase...
Old Jan 29th 2004, 11:42 pm
WBB

Originally posted by Luke I Amyofath
Makes me sick that he was able to stay free for so long. I reckon since hes saying he is ill he should be in full-time jail so corrections can monitor him, hell they have hospital wards in jail dont they ?

If the country took his lead, we would have 90% of the prison population roaming the streets claiming they are ill. Wjats so special about him ?

And dont ask me about what I think of pauline hanson, thats another person who needs to be locked up. No way she should win her damages suit.
go on then, what do you think of pauline hanson?

Old Jan 30th 2004, 12:44 am
BE Enthusiast

RichS will become famous soon enough

1. Rivkin hasn't served a day yet and my bet is he still won't. There is almost bound to be some way he worms out of it.

2. I don't think there's too much chance they'll 'get' Christopher Skase at this stage.
Old Jan 30th 2004, 12:46 am

Originally posted by RichS
1. Rivkin hasn't served a day yet and my bet is he still won't. There is almost bound to be some way he worms out of it.

2. I don't think there's too much chance they'll 'get' Christopher Skase at this stage.
I think Skases medical certificate is pretty rock solid. I think it might be in the registry of BDM.
Old Jan 30th 2004, 12:51 am
BE Enthusiast

RichS will become famous soon enough

Yup - although that might not be such an obstacle to the ATO !

On the Pauline Hanson issue - it was a total farce that she was locked up, and even more of a farce that the complicit parties who funded and perverted the justice system to see her behind bars will not ever be held accountable.

Lets leave aside her rather unpleastant politics nad the hypocrisy that her views seem to represent. Thats a side issue.
Old Feb 5th 2004, 10:36 pm

Day before he is due back in jail he is carted off in an ambulance to psychiatric hospital.
Old Feb 5th 2004, 10:47 pm
BE Enthusiast

dracupg is an unknown quantity at this point

You have got to admire the guy’s ability to completely take the p*ss out of the system. Surprised more people don’t take this tack, or it having loads of money a prerequisite to jail avoidance techniques?
Old Feb 5th 2004, 11:04 pm
Karma Comedian

jayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond repute

I see he's supposedly got Deep Vein Thrombosis now, serves him right for insider trading of Qantas shares
Old Feb 5th 2004, 11:09 pm

Originally posted by dracupg
You have got to admire the guy’s ability to completely take the p*ss out of the system. Surprised more people don’t take this tack, or it having loads of money a prerequisite to jail avoidance techniques?
Those lawyers don't come cheap.
Old Feb 5th 2004, 11:09 pm

Originally posted by jayr
I see he's supposedly got Deep Vein Thrombosis now, serves him right for insider trading of Qantas shares
Oh the irony. Well spotted.
Old Feb 6th 2004, 5:23 am

http://www.theaustralian.news.com.au...55E601,00.html

He is going to be RishS' way for the weekend at Long Bay prison.