River Murray

Old Sep 19th 2005, 8:17 am
Can't re member

welshpom is just really nicewelshpom is just really nicewelshpom is just really nicewelshpom is just really nicewelshpom is just really nicewelshpom is just really nicewelshpom is just really nicewelshpom is just really nice
Default River Murray

We went on a houseboat trip on the River Murray last week.

Highly recommended way to see a different view of South Australia..

http://www.hartill.net/Murray/
Old Sep 19th 2005, 8:34 am

fireeater is just really nicefireeater is just really nicefireeater is just really nicefireeater is just really nicefireeater is just really nicefireeater is just really nicefireeater is just really nicefireeater is just really nicefireeater is just really nice
Default Re: River Murray

Originally Posted by welshpom
We went on a houseboat trip on the River Murray last week.

Highly recommended way to see a different view of South Australia..

http://www.hartill.net/Murray/
Nice pics

Where abouts were you?
Old Sep 19th 2005, 8:55 am
BE Forum Addict

manxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond repute

Dont mean to nitpick but isnt it The Murray River not the River Murray?
Old Sep 19th 2005, 8:59 am

fireeater is just really nicefireeater is just really nicefireeater is just really nicefireeater is just really nicefireeater is just really nicefireeater is just really nicefireeater is just really nicefireeater is just really nicefireeater is just really nice

Originally Posted by manxfamily
Everything's upside down once you get here
Old Sep 19th 2005, 9:17 am
BE Forum Addict

manxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by fireeater

So when I arrive in Queensland I can go the the Coast Gold?
Old Sep 19th 2005, 9:19 am

So when I arrive in Queensland I can go the the Coast Gold?
If you want....or stay in Banebris...it's all no worries over here
Old Sep 19th 2005, 9:53 am
Gwyllt

gogdownunder has much to be proud ofgogdownunder has much to be proud ofgogdownunder has much to be proud ofgogdownunder has much to be proud ofgogdownunder has much to be proud ofgogdownunder has much to be proud ofgogdownunder has much to be proud ofgogdownunder has much to be proud ofgogdownunder has much to be proud ofgogdownunder has much to be proud ofgogdownunder has much to be proud of

Particularily the flow of water in the River Yarra
Old Sep 19th 2005, 10:11 am

Originally Posted by gogdownunder
Yeah, it ws looking a bit muddy the other day when I was in the CBD
Old Sep 19th 2005, 10:31 am
Home at last

michellemac is a name known to allmichellemac is a name known to allmichellemac is a name known to allmichellemac is a name known to allmichellemac is a name known to allmichellemac is a name known to allmichellemac is a name known to allmichellemac is a name known to allmichellemac is a name known to allmichellemac is a name known to allmichellemac is a name known to all

No - its really is called The River Murray. I don't know why though!

Michelle
Old Sep 19th 2005, 1:15 pm
Can't re member

welshpom is just really nicewelshpom is just really nicewelshpom is just really nicewelshpom is just really nicewelshpom is just really nicewelshpom is just really nicewelshpom is just really nicewelshpom is just really nice

Nice pics

Where abouts were you?
Mannum to Swan Reach.
Old Sep 19th 2005, 1:17 pm
Can't re member

both are acceptable, as are "River Severn" and "River Thames".
Old Sep 19th 2005, 1:23 pm
Can't re member

Originally Posted by gogdownunder
The Murray runs upstream when the wind blows from the south. Australia's biggest freshwater lake is almost at the end of the Murray and its contents shifts in strong winds sending water upstream for over 100 miles.
Old Sep 19th 2005, 2:01 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by welshpom
both are acceptable, as are "River Severn" and "River Thames".
Yes but my point is, geographically, when talking about river names Australian ones are usually name first eg The Murray River, The Darling River.

Whereas the in the UK they tend to be The River Thames, or The River Severn.

I've never heard the Thames called The Thames River. Just as I’ve never heard The Murray River called The River Murray.

Is it just me?
Old Sep 19th 2005, 2:10 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

OzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond repute

Yes but my point is, geographically, when talking about river names Australian ones are usually name first eg The Murray River, The Darling River.

I've never heard the Thames called The Thames River. Just as I’ve never heard The Murray River called The River Murray.

Is it just me?
Yeah, that's the convention - the Murray River, the Lachlan River, the Yarra River etc. Which reminds me of a funny story of one of my Geography lessons at school. One of my pals was called Murray and all the girls fancied him. The teacher asked one of the girls to name 2 rivers in NSW and she moaned out in an exaggerated way, 'Oh, Murray, Darling' to everyone's amusement (apart from the teacher).

You are the Aussie on the Isle of Man aren't you? We're in SW Scotland and on a good day down at the coast we look across to the Isle of Man.

They are excellent photos of the 'River Murray' and other things Welshpom.

OzTennis
Old Sep 19th 2005, 2:13 pm
Home at last

michellemac is a name known to allmichellemac is a name known to allmichellemac is a name known to allmichellemac is a name known to allmichellemac is a name known to allmichellemac is a name known to allmichellemac is a name known to allmichellemac is a name known to allmichellemac is a name known to allmichellemac is a name known to allmichellemac is a name known to all

Is it just me?
I am an Aussie and we were taught "River Murray" at school. But it might jsut be because there is also a "Murray River" in Western Australia which is where I went to school.

Michelle

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.