Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Rise in violent assaults on teachers

Rise in violent assaults on teachers

Old Aug 11th 2003, 4:00 am
Banned

pommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond repute
Default Rise in violent assaults on teachers

Bring them Pom kids to this wonderful and what happens the bloody teachers whinge.

TEACHERS had been threatened by knife- wielding students, had bottles thrown at them and were being increasingly assaulted amid fears of growing school violence.

Five hundred teachers across South Australia had been "the victims of assault in the past year", a senior official with the Australian Education Union said yesterday.

http://www.theaustralian.news.com.au...5E2702,00.html

Old Aug 11th 2003, 8:46 am
HUP
Brain Drained

HUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Rise in violent assaults on teachers

Originally posted by pommie bastard
Five hundred teachers across South Australia had been "the victims of assault in the past year", a senior official with the Australian Education Union said yesterday.
Well PB thanks to opening my eyes to that one. Violence in schools in Australia. Thats it I'm not going. I'm staying in good old Blighty where my children can grow up safely. Oh hang on a minute isn't our education system under major stress at the minute, havn't they just said that the GCSE is a waste of time and our exam system is on the brink of collapse. Arn't there government bodies looking into how to combat violence in schools. Didn't 2 teenagers kill themselves recently as they were victims of severe bullying

I think now its so close to home time for you that you ought to start digging around some of the UK news stories. It ain't all roses here either.
Old Aug 12th 2003, 12:48 am
Banned

pommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by HUP
Well PB thanks to opening my eyes to that one. Violence in schools in Australia. Thats it I'm not going. I'm staying in good old Blighty where my children can grow up safely. Oh hang on a minute isn't our education system under major stress at the minute, havn't they just said that the GCSE is a waste of time and our exam system is on the brink of collapse. Arn't there government bodies looking into how to combat violence in schools. Didn't 2 teenagers kill themselves recently as they were victims of severe bullying

I think now its so close to home time for you that you ought to start digging around some of the UK news stories. It ain't all roses here either.
You are coming to a much tougher country , the area you live in is hardly the big city life you will have to adjust to here.
You take far too much notice of the British Media and know nothing of backward Australia , your kids here will only get the Education that you can pay for plus they can still leave at 15 years old.

Old Aug 12th 2003, 1:08 am
BE Forum Addict

Wilf is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by HUP

You will find that the UK media is full of bull and come to appreciate the country you have left behind. Oz media are much more positive about Oz than it deserves - the opposite to the UK.

I have family living in an area in London that the UK media constantly describes as crime-ridden and a "hell-hole" and yet they have never had problems and know no-one who has beyond one car stolen eight years ago. Where I live in perfect Oz, our car was stolen about 20 years ago now from outside our house and my neighbour has lost two cars in the same period. Where I live in Oz is ordinary but never described as suffering from crime in papers.

You will say this is just one story? Thing is, if everyone just told their "one story" instead of saying what they have read or what they imagine might happen, you would think of the UK as the great place that it is. It is a thriving economy, with many interesting careers and things to do, and is very safe and socially stable. The UK is the greatest place to live in the world and makes Oz look a very poor place in comparison.
Old Aug 12th 2003, 1:26 am
Banned

Megalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant future

Originally posted by Wilf
It [UK] is a thriving economy, with many interesting careers and things to do, and is very safe and socially stable. The UK is the greatest place to live in the world and makes Oz look a very poor place in comparison.
I will not speak against the UK, it has many pluses as do it's inhabitants.

But why your constant laments as opposed to getting off your bum and getting there?
Old Aug 12th 2003, 1:34 am
BE Forum Addict

DianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to all

[, your kids here will only get the Education that you can pay for plus they can still leave at 15 years old.

There are quite a few that leave early aren't there? Do they finish their exams or is it just a case of I've had enough - I'm off. My neice & nephew both left at 15 but they had apprenticeships set up and thankfully have done okay for themselves. I heard on the radio that 17% of can't remember the age group 15 -? had left school with nothing for them to go to. Is that why there are so many jobs for kids at Maccy D's and places. Maybe they ought to raise the age to discourage kids from leaving school and going straight to burger paradise. Also Supermarkets don't seem to employ anyone over the age of 18.

Please can someone send me a genius gene to inject into my kids so they don't end up there. Mum reckons I should start overdosing them with fish oil to improve their brains!!

Old Aug 12th 2003, 1:50 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally posted by Megalania
I will not speak against the UK, it has many pluses as do it's inhabitants.

But why your constant laments as opposed to getting off your bum and getting there?

Thank you for the reasonable response. Ironic is it not that only the real Ozzies on this site can stand criticism of Oz and praising of the UK (hellhole)? Perhaps you are amongst the few who have some idea what they are talking about with experience of both places. I do have good things to say about Oz too and find a lot of Ozzies much more balanced than the idiot poms on this site.

You ask a good question and I am trying.
Old Aug 12th 2003, 1:56 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally posted by DianeOZ
[, your kids here will only get the Education that you can pay for plus they can still leave at 15 years old.

There are quite a few that leave early aren't there? Do they finish their exams or is it just a case of I've had enough - I'm off. My neice & nephew both left at 15 but they had apprenticeships set up and thankfully have done okay for themselves. I heard on the radio that 17% of can't remember the age group 15 -? had left school with nothing for them to go to. Is that why there are so many jobs for kids at Maccy D's and places. Maybe they ought to raise the age to discourage kids from leaving school and going straight to burger paradise. Also Supermarkets don't seem to employ anyone over the age of 18.

Please can someone send me a genius gene to inject into my kids so they don't end up there. Mum reckons I should start overdosing them with fish oil to improve their brains!!

I find this thing of 15 year olds leaving with nothing to go to very sad indeed. I left school at 15 but went straight into an apprenticeship (5 years with full indentures [proper papers] and college study) and that suited me fine, but there are few proper apprenticeships now - what are said to be so these days are usually very second rate traineeships and just the firm getting cheap labour with no good training. I find Ozzie youth an aimless bunch and many of the kids we know are very unhappy (despite the wonderful beaches which, amazingly enough, they do not find as novel and exciting as poms just off the boat).
Old Aug 12th 2003, 9:48 am
Banned

mr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond repute

Bring them Pom kids to this wonderful and what happens the bloody teachers whinge.

TEACHERS had been threatened by knife- wielding students, had bottles thrown at them and were being increasingly assaulted amid fears of growing school violence.

http://www.theaustralian.news.com.au...5E2702,00.html

If you get the facts right and read between the media lines , but "who lets the truth get in the way of a good story"of those 500 assaults , 380 of them were Verbal, of which the S.A. dept ed includes in its stats.............. MM
Old Aug 12th 2003, 11:53 am
HUP
Brain Drained

HUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond repute

You are coming to a much tougher country , the area you live in is hardly the big city life you will have to adjust to here.
You take far too much notice of the British Media and know nothing of backward Australia , your kids here will only get the Education that you can pay for plus they can still leave at 15 years old.

PB you are so full of crap it is almost beyond belief. You say I take far to much notice of the British Media I do not read any newspapers at all I am fully aware of the biases portrayed by the different medias and I am intelligent enough to make my own decisions and form my own opinions.

Though the points I listed regarding the two children commiting suicide due to bullying were in no way ficticious as were any of the other points I raised.

The current media hype is also very responsible for totally devaluing the exam system in this country. Now however much this is media driven the fact is that it is being devalued and in crisis.

The teacher recruitment issues are not media hype

The crisis in recruitment for the NHS and the issues with negotiating the new GP contracts are not media bull.

The fact that a high propotion of aids treatments dished out and paid for by the NHS goes to "health tourists" is not media hype.

I could go on (and on) but it would get rather tedious (As have been your recent postings). Shit happens and shit happens everywhere

PB I am not going to Australia expecting an easy ride. I am not going expecting to live in the land of milk and honey. Australia will present me and my family with problems and things I don't like but so will every country.

The fact is there has certainly been a lot of deterioation in certain areas of the UK culture and lifestyle and I am sure I will see elements of that in Oz but there are positive sides to Oz but you seem to be so far twisted that you can't see that anymore.
Old Aug 12th 2003, 1:28 pm
I Know What's Going On!

SteveBannister is a jewel in the roughSteveBannister is a jewel in the roughSteveBannister is a jewel in the roughSteveBannister is a jewel in the roughSteveBannister is a jewel in the rough

Ah, but look what our system allows teachers to do to kids. Luckily this arsehole was caught, but others aren't........

A trainee teacher who tried to buy sex from a young girl on the internet has been jailed today.
Luke Sadowski, 19, was jailed for three years, after admitting attempting to incite another to procure a child aged under 16 and possessing an imitation gun, during a hearing in Southwark Crown Court.
Sadowski, studying at university in Canterbury, was caught after he emailed an American sex website, asking for “girl aged roughly 10�.
The website was actually a front being run by American police, who contacted their counterparts in the UK.
The court heard how an undercover detective met Sadowski at Victoria station in September last year, and then drove him to a hotel, where he was arrested.
He had earlier offered the undercover officer £250 in return for getting a young girl.
Police found handcuffs, leg shackes, and a roll of tape when they searched his university room, as well as press cuttings of Sarah Payne, Milly Dowler, and Holly Wells and Jessica Chapman all covered in semen stains.
Sadowski was jailed for three years, after admitting attempting to incite another to procure a child aged under 16 and possessing an imitation gun, during a hearing in Southwark Crown Court.
A spokesman for the Met said Sadowski posed a considerable danger to children. He was on a teacher training course and had actually been given a placement in a primary school.

What a crazy system, 18 months for the sexual related offences and 18 months for carrying a replica firearm. What kind of world do we live in where you get the same sentence for trying to buy a nine year old girl for sex as you do for carrying a toy gun.

Welcome home PB!

Last edited by SteveBannister; Aug 12th 2003 at 1:51 pm.
Old Aug 12th 2003, 1:42 pm
ACE
BE Forum Addict

ACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond repute

Unfortunately PB my kids are only getting the education i pay for here too. I actually really like where I live but we have the opportunity to come over for a couple of years and at the end of this time if it's not for us hubby can come back to his old job, so why not give it a try.
I find your posts a little scarey at times but also very useful because if I am totally honest I did think Perth was paradise I now have a more realistic view and this will mean that rather than being dissapointed with the reality I may be pleasently supprised.
ACE
By the way the very best of luck on your return to the UK, it is a beautiful country especially when the sun shines
Old Aug 13th 2003, 2:11 am
Banned

Originally posted by SteveBannister
Ah, but look what our system allows teachers to do to kids. Luckily this arsehole was caught, but others aren't........

A trainee teacher who tried to buy sex from a young girl on the internet has been jailed today.
Luke Sadowski, 19, was jailed for three years, after admitting attempting to incite another to procure a child aged under 16 and possessing an imitation gun, during a hearing in Southwark Crown Court.
Sadowski, studying at university in Canterbury, was caught after he emailed an American sex website, asking for “girl aged roughly 10�.
Welcome home PB!
You really are a gob shite dreamer who sees little evil in Australia.

A Herald Sun INSIGHT investigation into the chat rooms used daily by thousands of young teens has revealed they are targets for abuse by deviants and pedophiles.

Teens are constantly being asked to give out phone numbers, private e-mail addresses and to use the new technology of webcams to transmit live images of sex acts.

Growing concerns about Internet pedophiles have prompted the Federal Government to set up a special crime squad. The National High Tech Centre in Canberra, which began on July 2, is already involved in undercover investigations.

INSIGHT has learned Victorian victims of chat-room perverts include:

A 13-YEAR-OLD boy who was groomed by a pedophile in a chat room for three months before arranging to meet.

A 12-YEAR-OLD girl who was caught buying an airline ticket to meet a man she had chatted with.

A 15-YEAR-OLD girl who sold her body for cyber sex and then real sex to older men on the Net.

A GIRL who left the country at 14 to live with her boyfriend, aged 39, after meeting him in a chat room while 12 years old.

A 13-YEAR-OLD girl who had sex with a 21-year-old man in a car after chatting to him in a teen room.

http://heraldsun.news.com.au/common/...E11869,00.html
Old Aug 13th 2003, 2:34 am
Banned

Originally posted by HUP
PB you are so full of crap it is almost beyond belief. You say I take far to much notice of the British Media I do not read any newspapers at all I am fully aware of the biases portrayed by the different medias and I am intelligent enough to make my own decisions and form my own opinions.
More twisted tales of woe the big differance in Media here is they water down the woe the Brit press talk it up.

The Federal Government has come under fire after it was revealed that information showing that certain groups had been adversely affected by its changes to HECS in 1996 was deleted from a higher education report.

Education Minister Brendan Nelson last month released a report that looked at changes to the sector during the 1990s, including the increase in HECS fees.

But a section reporting that school leavers, mature-aged students and poor men had been adversely affected by the changes to the system in 1996 was deleted.

The Opposition yesterday accused former Education Department secretary Peter Shergold of last year ordering that the negative findings be removed.

Opposition public service spokesman Kim Carr said the findings were "politically sensitive" and that Dr Shergold was concerned they would challenge the Government's proposed changes to HECS, including allowing universities to increase fees by up to 30 per cent.

Old Aug 13th 2003, 8:23 am
I Know What's Going On!

SteveBannister is a jewel in the roughSteveBannister is a jewel in the roughSteveBannister is a jewel in the roughSteveBannister is a jewel in the roughSteveBannister is a jewel in the rough

Oh, get a life, of course I see evil in Australia, there's evil everywhere. Even here. Your cut and paste postings are showing us that Oz is not a paradise. My cut and paste postings are showing you, that neither is the UK. I know what I'm coming to, do you?

Two paedophiles with a long history of abusing children have been told by a judge they should spend the rest of their lives in jail.

The names and addresses of 200 paedophiles living in Surrey have been handed over to the county police force in the biggest Internet child porn probe ever.

The Wolvercote Clinic shut its doors for the last time on Wednesday and the 11 men who were in residence at the controversial clinic for the treatment of paedophiles have been discharged back into the community.

Thirty suspected internet paedophiles have been arrested after raids in London.

CLAIMS that the paedophiles held in the Wolvercote Clinic do not pose a threat to the public have been rubbished this week.

Parents have been warned to keep watch over their young children next week as one of Britain's most notorious paedophiles is released from Wandsworth Prison.

Two predatory paedophiles armed with a kitbag of drugs and sweets were caught with three boys outside a children's nursery a court heard.

FURIOUS residents took to the streets this week to stop a unit for convicted paedophiles opening next to a school and disabled children's centre.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.