Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Riots in Belfast

Riots in Belfast

Old Sep 11th 2005, 10:10 am
Sydney Bound Jan 2006

Kopites will become famous soon enoughKopites will become famous soon enough
Default Riots in Belfast

Hi everybody,friends were to come down last nite for a couple of drinks,got a phone call to tell us they could'nt get down as barricades were erected on the main roads. As the nite went on, the violence got worse. As I went up to get my morning paper in the local village the barricades were still erected across the road, all burnt out. On reflecting on the past twenty four hours it re-emphasises why I'm taking my family to Australia.
Cheers Andy
Old Sep 11th 2005, 10:54 am
BE Forum Addict

KatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Riots in Belfast

Originally Posted by Kopites
Hi everybody,friends were to come down last nite for a couple of drinks,got a phone call to tell us they could'nt get down as barricades were erected on the main roads. As the nite went on, the violence got worse. As I went up to get my morning paper in the local village the barricades were still erected across the road, all burnt out. On reflecting on the past twenty four hours it re-emphasises why I'm taking my family to Australia.
Cheers Andy
Hi I feel the same way, we used to live in Belfast and I am so glad Ezekiel is growing up here in Oz away from that.
Old Sep 11th 2005, 3:30 pm
Forum Regular

Iolair will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by KatieStar
Hi I feel the same way, we used to live in Belfast and I am so glad Ezekiel is growing up here in Oz away from that.

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/10092005/35...pts-riots.html

Been in Northern Ireland for just over a year now. Before I left Australia to live and work in Belfast, my father told me he'd rather I moved to Iraq. The beaut thing about being in Belfast is that I can always leave.
Old Sep 12th 2005, 5:37 pm
BE Forum Addict

KatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Iolair
http://uk.news.yahoo.com/10092005/35...pts-riots.html

Been in Northern Ireland for just over a year now. Before I left Australia to live and work in Belfast, my father told me he'd rather I moved to Iraq. The beaut thing about being in Belfast is that I can always leave.
I wouldn't think it is quite that bad - though the police were firing live amunition at crowds near where we used to live :scared:

However I will say that I love Northern Ireland and would live there again, but not in Belfast.

Katie
Old Sep 13th 2005, 9:31 am
BE Forum Addict

Oz wannabe1 is a name known to allOz wannabe1 is a name known to allOz wannabe1 is a name known to allOz wannabe1 is a name known to allOz wannabe1 is a name known to allOz wannabe1 is a name known to allOz wannabe1 is a name known to allOz wannabe1 is a name known to allOz wannabe1 is a name known to allOz wannabe1 is a name known to allOz wannabe1 is a name known to all

HI THERE, I AM A SCOUSE KOPITE. HOPE YOU ARE SAFE. AM HEADING FOR PERTH HOPEFULLY COZ THE U.K. IS SUCH A BAG OF CR..!! THE BEST THING I DID WAS TO TAKE MY FAMILY TO SEE OZ, NOW THEY CAN'T WAIT TO GET THERE. TRA POSTED AM DOING VISA AS I TYPE. BEST OF LUCK TO YA.

Originally Posted by Kopites
Cheers Andy