Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Right. Thats it ive had enough!! who's in?

Right. Thats it ive had enough!! who's in?

Old Jul 27th 2009, 9:42 pm
Forum Regular

thebardies has much to be proud ofthebardies has much to be proud ofthebardies has much to be proud ofthebardies has much to be proud ofthebardies has much to be proud ofthebardies has much to be proud ofthebardies has much to be proud ofthebardies has much to be proud ofthebardies has much to be proud ofthebardies has much to be proud ofthebardies has much to be proud of
Default Right. Thats it ive had enough!! who's in?

As a mum to two young girls its more trouble than its worth to trawl around clothes shops. I just want a new top. Not to much to ask. So i thought id do a bit of internet shopping. Then i remembered. Im in Australia! So my only options are buy from overseas or ebay. Both are ok but if i purchase the wrong size or it is poor quality, returning the items is a bit of agro. so i thought...and thought...and thought all night..... i will start operation " LETS BRING AUSTRALIA INTO THE 21ST CENTURY"

We need I.T. people who can create and maintain the websites, a sales person to give the pitch to every clothing (initially) chain store's head quarters in Australia and convince them that they need internet shopping. Im a behind the scenes sort of a person so i'll do the officey bit. I have no idea what im proposing really but im sure over a few coffees a group of us could come up with some sort of a business plan and get this show on the road.

So...whos in????? This time next year we could be mll-yon-aires!
Old Jul 27th 2009, 9:52 pm
ABCDiamond

Default Re: Right. Thats it ive had enough!! who's in?

Anything like any of these ?

Clothing

Old Jul 27th 2009, 9:55 pm
Forum Regular

thebardies has much to be proud ofthebardies has much to be proud ofthebardies has much to be proud ofthebardies has much to be proud ofthebardies has much to be proud ofthebardies has much to be proud ofthebardies has much to be proud ofthebardies has much to be proud ofthebardies has much to be proud ofthebardies has much to be proud ofthebardies has much to be proud of

Yes but its nice when you have an actual clothes store you like such as Portmans or Jacqui e for example and you just go on their website and purchase clothes that you know will fit etc
Old Jul 27th 2009, 10:53 pm
Has left the building

Geelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by thebardies
Yes but its nice when you have an actual clothes store you like such as Portmans or Jacqui e for example and you just go on their website and purchase clothes that you know will fit etc
Boden
Old Jul 28th 2009, 12:25 am
Banned

WillBlack has a reputation beyond reputeWillBlack has a reputation beyond reputeWillBlack has a reputation beyond reputeWillBlack has a reputation beyond reputeWillBlack has a reputation beyond reputeWillBlack has a reputation beyond reputeWillBlack has a reputation beyond reputeWillBlack has a reputation beyond reputeWillBlack has a reputation beyond reputeWillBlack has a reputation beyond reputeWillBlack has a reputation beyond repute

As a mum to two young girls its more trouble than its worth to trawl around clothes shops. I just want a new top. Not to much to ask. So i thought id do a bit of internet shopping. Then i remembered. Im in Australia! So my only options are buy from overseas or ebay. Both are ok but if i purchase the wrong size or it is poor quality, returning the items is a bit of agro. so i thought...and thought...and thought all night..... i will start operation " LETS BRING AUSTRALIA INTO THE 21ST CENTURY"

We need I.T. people who can create and maintain the websites, a sales person to give the pitch to every clothing (initially) chain store's head quarters in Australia and convince them that they need internet shopping. Im a behind the scenes sort of a person so i'll do the officey bit. I have no idea what im proposing really but im sure over a few coffees a group of us could come up with some sort of a business plan and get this show on the road.

Quality at an attractive price else don't bother. No end of soddy clothing made from poor quality cheap cloth with non functional and poor design available in innumerable shops within minutes of your front door.
Old Jul 28th 2009, 12:27 am
Banned

WillBlack has a reputation beyond reputeWillBlack has a reputation beyond reputeWillBlack has a reputation beyond reputeWillBlack has a reputation beyond reputeWillBlack has a reputation beyond reputeWillBlack has a reputation beyond reputeWillBlack has a reputation beyond reputeWillBlack has a reputation beyond reputeWillBlack has a reputation beyond reputeWillBlack has a reputation beyond reputeWillBlack has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ABCDiamond

Clothing
Can you find some mans clothing sites which offer anything better than can be readily purchased immediately from nearby shops?
Old Jul 28th 2009, 1:34 am
BE Forum Addict

Petals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond repute

My daughter and I have been internet shopping for a few years now and no problems. Ezibuy is good, quality is good.

Daughter gets lots of clothes from USA always happy with them.

In fact we buy most of our stuff on the web.

Daughter even has sites in the UK which are cheap and gets clothes from them.

http://www.aussie-shopping.com/clothing-general/ is helpful site
Old Jul 28th 2009, 2:28 am
Banned

Originally Posted by Petals
Nothing on there in mens trousers worth two bob; sorry to say. Dark colours no good in strong sun and only in synthectic or synthetic with wool blend. Designed for high latitudes not Australia. Light colours only in high maintenance crappy looking and feeling cotton twill.
Old Jul 28th 2009, 2:51 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

I have two teenage daughters and none of us have any problems finding nice, reasonably priced, good quality clothes in the shops here. Went shopping in the UK last year and even the girls weren't as impressed as we'd been told we would be. Not much difference in our opinion. I guess we're looking for different things.
Old Jul 28th 2009, 2:52 am
Account Closed

Deancm is an unknown quantity at this point

Why don't you set up your own website?
Old Aug 3rd 2009, 12:44 pm
Just Joined

jozzy is an unknown quantity at this point

Haha I know what you mean, there seems to be a general lack of ebusiness over here. I have just moved here from the UK and basically bought everything online.

And when you visit a major retailers website here if you are luck enough to find one you are presented with a tacky PDF file that you can download.

I would love to transform retail industry here but yeah where do I start?
Old Aug 3rd 2009, 7:15 pm
Use time wisely

Darren-Debbie has much to be proud ofDarren-Debbie has much to be proud ofDarren-Debbie has much to be proud ofDarren-Debbie has much to be proud ofDarren-Debbie has much to be proud ofDarren-Debbie has much to be proud ofDarren-Debbie has much to be proud ofDarren-Debbie has much to be proud ofDarren-Debbie has much to be proud ofDarren-Debbie has much to be proud ofDarren-Debbie has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Geelong Gent
Boden
is that "boden" or did you mean Bogan??
Old Aug 3rd 2009, 8:06 pm
BE Enthusiast

Location: Sydney AUS - Leeds/Selby/York UK - Sydney AUS (April 2011)
seayork2002 has much to be proud ofseayork2002 has much to be proud ofseayork2002 has much to be proud ofseayork2002 has much to be proud ofseayork2002 has much to be proud ofseayork2002 has much to be proud ofseayork2002 has much to be proud ofseayork2002 has much to be proud ofseayork2002 has much to be proud ofseayork2002 has much to be proud ofseayork2002 has much to be proud of

I'm in..........well I would be if I was there
Old Aug 3rd 2009, 8:57 pm
Has left the building

Geelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Darren-Debbie
is that "boden" or did you mean Bogan??
http://www.boden.co.uk/
Old Aug 3rd 2009, 11:26 pm
Banned

paulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ABCDiamond

Clothing
Just looking quickly at these sites. The clothes look like cheap cr&p with expensive price tags. ...I think I'll give my lot a few hundred squid each to stock up.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.