Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Richard Branson, Dotty and Skippy the Kangaroo

Wikiposts

Richard Branson, Dotty and Skippy the Kangaroo

Old Jun 23rd 2003, 7:52 pm
I'm lovin' it

chippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to all

Great post here Dotty, the best I've seen from you since I've been here. It just goes to show that even a person with a limited outlook on life can have an occassional flash of lateral thinking.

In fact what you've pointed out pretty much sums up what my attitude to the whole thing any way, so I'm going to agree with you on this one in any case. Well done.

Old Jun 23rd 2003, 8:25 pm
Badge

hang on Dotty = this is the second time you have posted a thread like this ....and I thought you were against the "oh yes it is" "Oh no it isn't" pantomine tricks????

any how it is quite rare for "us lot" to say "yes it is" - its usually more like the "negatives" who say "no it isn't"....

half the time when we say "oh yes it is" it is in response to you telling us there is crime in Australia there are stabbings etc

We KNOW!!!

badgers

Old Jun 23rd 2003, 8:27 pm
Crocodile Member

Location: Wurtulla, Sunshine Coast. Crikey Terri, That's a BIG ONE!
Andy_Hanrahan is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Richard Branson, Dotty and Skippy the Kangaroo

Never mind Dotty, you can't please 'em all.

You're definately getting better. But that only stands if you keep your promise not to have a pop at me when I appear slobbing out in shorts and bare feet at K-Mart

Andy

Originally posted by dotty
First up, I do not post on the immigration forum. If I wanted to put people off I would post there.

Secondly this great forum is an endangered specis due to people jumping up and down like Skippy the Kangaroo everytime somebody dares to suggest normal day to day events happen in OZ. Many new arrivals here are shot down in flames the minute they dare to impart some day to day info on real life in OZ, great welcome folks.

TRY THIS - instead of doing your finest skippy tantrum next time somebody posts a drawback/negative why not use it to your advantage.

Take Richard Branson, comes out to OZ sees its overpriced monopoly on domestic airfares. Complains no way, sees it as a great opportunity to set up one of the most successful enterprises australia has ever seen, thank you to a Pom from 20 million Aussies who can now afford a local flight.

Try this on a smaller scale, Take crime in Perth. Woops! a new arrival was probably hung for suggesting High crime rate there. What would I think, great, all my UK knowledge of security systems is going to make me a smacko load of $$$$ out that way.
How many burglar alarms are going to be sold there.

Car break ins, have you seen a car alarm here they are usually those clamps you put on the steering wheel! Big opportuity there folks.

House prices have gone up. If you were listening you would have picked up tips from Dotty and Jacqui on two suburbs that prices went through the roof in.

Summers hot as hell, work it, very few houses have air condit, any electrician coming out could make a packet.

This website contains some strong stuff on reality. Why complain about it? do what some living here have done and turn it to your advantage, nothing like a country that is a few years behind to provide opportunites that have already been tried and tested Overseas. Worked for me.

Think about it next time you feel a Skippy Fit coming on. "Skippy skippy skippy the bush kangaroo"
:PARTY: :PARTY: :PARTY:
Old Jun 23rd 2003, 11:21 pm
A Male Member

PeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud of

Dotty.

Alot of what you say makes sense, and you do provide valuable snippets of information for potential migrants.

However....i am constantly amazed by how condecending you can be? You reckon you could read your posts before you hit the "submit" button and think to your self...."will this insult/upset/piss off anyone?". Theres no need to treat "us" like 10 year olds.
Old Jun 23rd 2003, 11:58 pm
BE Enthusiast

Nibbs is on a distinguished road

Hi ya Dotty and PB,

Well I think the "skippy" image was pretty funny but then I've been known to do a bit of jumping up and down (nickname is Victor Meldrew). I know that humour is usually subjective but I think we're all need one whether we live in Brisbane or Brighton.

I don't have too much of an issue with you guys. Your posts are antagonistic, argumentative but at the end of the day you guys are actually living there. So providing one picks out the factual content, you folks are a big help.

Anyway keep it up.

Nick
Old Jun 24th 2003, 2:24 am
I Know What's Going On!

SteveBannister is a jewel in the roughSteveBannister is a jewel in the roughSteveBannister is a jewel in the roughSteveBannister is a jewel in the roughSteveBannister is a jewel in the rough

Originally posted by dotty
First up, I do not post on the immigration forum. If I wanted to put people off I would post there.

Secondly this great forum is an endangered specis due to people jumping up and down like Skippy the Kangaroo everytime somebody dares to suggest normal day to day events happen in OZ. Many new arrivals here are shot down in flames the minute they dare to impart some day to day info on real life in OZ, great welcome folks.

TRY THIS - instead of doing your finest skippy tantrum next time somebody posts a drawback/negative why not use it to your advantage.

Take Richard Branson, comes out to OZ sees its overpriced monopoly on domestic airfares. Complains no way, sees it as a great opportunity to set up one of the most successful enterprises australia has ever seen, thank you to a Pom from 20 million Aussies who can now afford a local flight.

Try this on a smaller scale, Take crime in Perth. Woops! a new arrival was probably hung for suggesting High crime rate there. What would I think, great, all my UK knowledge of security systems is going to make me a smacko load of $$$$ out that way.
How many burglar alarms are going to be sold there.

Car break ins, have you seen a car alarm here they are usually those clamps you put on the steering wheel! Big opportuity there folks.

House prices have gone up. If you were listening you would have picked up tips from Dotty and Jacqui on two suburbs that prices went through the roof in.

Summers hot as hell, work it, very few houses have air condit, any electrician coming out could make a packet.

This website contains some strong stuff on reality. Why complain about it? do what some living here have done and turn it to your advantage, nothing like a country that is a few years behind to provide opportunites that have already been tried and tested Overseas. Worked for me.

Think about it next time you feel a Skippy Fit coming on. "Skippy skippy skippy the bush kangaroo"
:PARTY: :PARTY: :PARTY:
Good post, Dotty.

This is exactly what I plan to do. Find a market and corner it. I've done it before and I'll do it again. Just don't shout these ideas out too loudly, though, 'cos I don't like sharing !

Steve.
Old Jun 24th 2003, 4:03 am
Forum Regular

NinaU is an unknown quantity at this point

Keep posting Dotty and PB........please. I for one find your posts very informative especially on day to day life in Aus.
I also find posts from Poggle, Jopaulus(?) and a lot of other people (who don't paint Oz to be picture perfect all the time) contributing to this forum very helpful.

Haven't posted in a while since resuming work after a 3 month maternity leave. Back to the grind now.

Cheers all
Nina
Old Jun 24th 2003, 4:19 am
BE Enthusiast

Stoney is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by pommie bastard

Great this what you want to play with next , us little boys have such fun.