Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Returning to the UK ref rentals

Returning to the UK ref rentals

Old Jan 21st 2011, 10:29 am
BE Forum Addict

Damson has a reputation beyond reputeDamson has a reputation beyond reputeDamson has a reputation beyond reputeDamson has a reputation beyond reputeDamson has a reputation beyond reputeDamson has a reputation beyond reputeDamson has a reputation beyond reputeDamson has a reputation beyond reputeDamson has a reputation beyond reputeDamson has a reputation beyond reputeDamson has a reputation beyond repute
Default Returning to the UK ref rentals

I remember reading a while ago now about being able to claim back tax for flights to return to the UK to sort out rental issues. Would someone be able to point me in the right direction please. Thanks
Old Jan 21st 2011, 7:30 pm
Bright in Orange

Scotty1 has a reputation beyond reputeScotty1 has a reputation beyond reputeScotty1 has a reputation beyond reputeScotty1 has a reputation beyond reputeScotty1 has a reputation beyond reputeScotty1 has a reputation beyond reputeScotty1 has a reputation beyond reputeScotty1 has a reputation beyond reputeScotty1 has a reputation beyond reputeScotty1 has a reputation beyond reputeScotty1 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Returning to the UK ref rentals

Afraid you can only do it if that's all you are going to do - you can't combine it with a holiday for example and claim the flights

Below is the link from the ATO

http://www.ato.gov.au/individuals/co....htm&page=7&H7

So if you went back to the uk spent a couple of days there to visit your property and agent, you could claim that ....if you spend a couple of weeks, you could only claim the local costs of visiting your property

Sorry

Scotty
Old Jan 21st 2011, 10:45 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Damson
I remember reading a while ago now about being able to claim back tax for flights to return to the UK to sort out rental issues. Would someone be able to point me in the right direction please. Thanks
I remember that and I think the conclusion was that it is highly unlikely that anyone would fly to the UK, look at their rental house and fly home again. If you did that, you can claim your flights, if you do anything else on your trip, you can't.
Old Jan 22nd 2011, 5:39 pm
BE Forum Addict

Damson has a reputation beyond reputeDamson has a reputation beyond reputeDamson has a reputation beyond reputeDamson has a reputation beyond reputeDamson has a reputation beyond reputeDamson has a reputation beyond reputeDamson has a reputation beyond reputeDamson has a reputation beyond reputeDamson has a reputation beyond reputeDamson has a reputation beyond reputeDamson has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks very much for your help. Was just a thought but a turn around that quick on THAT journey is way too short!