Return Ticket

Old Jun 25th 2003, 2:41 pm
Sun Dodger

Bluerobot is just really niceBluerobot is just really niceBluerobot is just really niceBluerobot is just really niceBluerobot is just really niceBluerobot is just really niceBluerobot is just really niceBluerobot is just really nice
Default Return Ticket

I need to book my flight to Sydney quickly as I'm due to start work there soon. I have a 457 4-year sponsored working Visa.

Do I need to book a return flight, or is a one-way ticket OK.?Looked everywhere to this & can't find an answer. Any help appreciatted.

Dave
Old Jun 25th 2003, 2:42 pm
BE Enthusiast

sundarize is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Return Ticket

Originally posted by Bluerobot
I need to book my flight to Sydney quickly as I'm due to start work there soon. I have a 457 4-year sponsored working Visa.

Do I need to book a return flight, or is a one-way ticket OK.?Looked everywhere to this & can't find an answer. Any help appreciatted.

Dave

Whu would you want a return ticket. You'll be there for 4 years won't you?

Its not a requirement to have a return ticket.
Old Jun 25th 2003, 2:48 pm
Sun Dodger

Bluerobot is just really niceBluerobot is just really niceBluerobot is just really niceBluerobot is just really niceBluerobot is just really niceBluerobot is just really niceBluerobot is just really niceBluerobot is just really nice

Thanks for the swift reply sundarize.

Exactly what I thought, but I haven't seen anything in black & white to say that I can just buy a single ticket (or vice-versa for that matter).

None of the correspondance to/from the embassy mentions it either way. I just don't want to turn up at the airport & be turned back, it would be pretty expensive mistake.

Dave
Old Jun 25th 2003, 2:50 pm
Gone Senile Member

Sandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond repute

The travel agent might ask you for details of your visa before selling you a one way ticket - it depends on the agent, but there is no requirement for a return ticket, in fact you can actually buy a one way when travelling on a visitors visa as well - you just need a decent reason why you are not buying a return - like you are not sure of which way you are leaving the country(?)

Cheers
Old Jun 25th 2003, 2:55 pm
Sun Dodger

Originally posted by Sandra
The travel agent might ask you for details of your visa before selling you a one way ticket - it depends on the agent, but there is no requirement for a return ticket, in fact you can actually buy a one way when travelling on a visitors visa as well - you just need a decent reason why you are not buying a return - like you are not sure of which way you are leaving the country(?)

Cheers

Thanks Sandra. Settled into the new house yet?

Dave
Old Jun 25th 2003, 3:52 pm
Purveyor of Beaches

DavidT has a spectacular aura aboutDavidT has a spectacular aura aboutDavidT has a spectacular aura about

Have a look at this site, & do a search on flights on the forum, there was lots of info inc 1 way travel in the last 3 weeks somewhere. Good Luck

http://www.leestravel.com/offers.htm
Old Jun 25th 2003, 4:01 pm
Gone Senile Member

Sandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Bluerobot
Thanks Sandra. Settled into the new house yet?

Dave
Moving date is the 18th July - usual six week settlement dates! But got caught out on one thing - they wanted the government charges (stamp duty sort of) paid before the final date! That was after paying 10% deposit.

Anyway best of luck for the move Blue Robot - who is up for a Sydney meet up - Circular Quay - Opera House coffee place to start?

And I can let you know about the house warming!

Cheers
Old Jun 25th 2003, 4:18 pm
Sun Dodger

Originally posted by Sandra
Moving date is the 18th July - usual six week settlement dates! But got caught out on one thing - they wanted the government charges (stamp duty sort of) paid before the final date! That was after paying 10% deposit.

Anyway best of luck for the move Blue Robot - who is up for a Sydney meet up - Circular Quay - Opera House coffee place to start?

And I can let you know about the house warming!

Cheers
Sounds good to me Sandra, give me couple of weeks though!

Dave
Old Jun 25th 2003, 7:06 pm
BE Forum Addict

donna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to behold

Sounds good to me ,but i think its a long way to come,besides,you are a bad influence on me.
Hope all is well
donna
Old Jun 25th 2003, 9:50 pm
Sun Dodger

Thanks for the info everyone. Crap time of the year to get a flight as price goes up on 1st July.

Anyone ever flown with Thai Airlines before? Are they any good?

Dave