Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Return flights to the uk

Return flights to the uk

Old Mar 7th 2012, 11:40 am
Just Joined

laurajen is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Return flights to the uk

Our Names are Chris & Jenny,We have been living in WA for two and half years we are hoping to visit family back in the UK in September 2012 for two months.Does anyone know where we can get a return flight at a reasonable cost from Perth into Manchester.
We originate from Beverley in East Yorkshire so if anyone comes from that part of the world please get in touch with us.
Old Mar 7th 2012, 10:47 pm

dreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Return flights to the uk

Hi Chris and Jenny

Welcome to BE

I recommend you check out our forum dedicated to all things Australian. You can chat with plenty of other expats who are living and working in WA, and I am sure someone will know the best flight deals. You mayn even find some threads on that very subject.
You can find this forum by clicking on the 'forum index' tab on the top left corner of this page. Scroll down the list of countries, double click on Australia and you're in. There are lots of folks on that forum who live in Perth so you will be in good company.

All the best

Dread - x
Old Mar 8th 2012, 12:06 am
Sue
BE Co-Founder

Sue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond repute

Hi laurajen,

Welcome to BE. I can't help with your query I'm afraid as I am in the US. But I've moved your thread into the Australia forum for you and I'm sure someone will be along soon who can share some pointers.

In the meantime take a look around and read a few threads and get to know everyone.

Are you enjoying life in Australia?
Old Mar 8th 2012, 12:22 am
Frequent Flyer Member

bcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by laurajen
Our Names are Chris & Jenny,We have been living in WA for two and half years we are hoping to visit family back in the UK in September 2012 for two months.Does anyone know where we can get a return flight at a reasonable cost from Perth into Manchester.
We originate from Beverley in East Yorkshire so if anyone comes from that part of the world please get in touch with us.
Assuming you've already looked online and not seen prices that appeal - what do you consider a reasonable cost? I think your only one stop options are on Emirates, Etihad & Qatar Airways.
Old Mar 8th 2012, 12:27 am
Spud

spuddyo has a reputation beyond reputespuddyo has a reputation beyond reputespuddyo has a reputation beyond reputespuddyo has a reputation beyond reputespuddyo has a reputation beyond reputespuddyo has a reputation beyond reputespuddyo has a reputation beyond reputespuddyo has a reputation beyond reputespuddyo has a reputation beyond reputespuddyo has a reputation beyond reputespuddyo has a reputation beyond repute

Airfare depends quite a bit on how you want to get back. China Airlines are cheap but may take 30+ hours and don't have a good reputation. Qantas and BA go via London and are over-rated in my opinion. I always fly Emirates these days, Dubai and straight into Manchester in about 21 hours and they offer a reasonably good service in economy. Try www.bestflights.com.au ( who are also in WA ) or direct with Emirates.
Old Mar 8th 2012, 12:54 am
Forum Regular

nicolac34 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello! I'm from the Yorkshire area and have been in Perth for 8 months now. We flew Emirates out here from Manchester and are due to go back to the UK (on our return) in May. We booked another return from Manchester with Emirates to come back as we are going back again at Christmas time (this was a bargain price of £630 return!)

I'm assuming you're going to be booking and paying in assuie dollar so chances are it will be double. Keep an eye out for Emirates offers - sign up for their Skywards frequent flyer and they will notify you when they have offers on, and always book with them whilst logged in as you usually get a better rate.
Old Mar 8th 2012, 5:33 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat020 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat020 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat020 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat020 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat020 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat020 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat020 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat020 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat020 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat020 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat020 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by spuddyo
Try www.bestflights.com.au ( who are also in WA ) or direct with Emirates.
To go with bestflights

http://matrix.itasoftware.com/search.htm

http://findmyairfare.com.au/index.php
Old Mar 8th 2012, 12:54 pm
Just Joined

katjo84 is an unknown quantity at this point

Have you tried skyscanner? Ive seen resonible prices on there. they are going the other way though from Manchester
Old Mar 8th 2012, 1:07 pm
Forum Regular

DanSolihull has a reputation beyond reputeDanSolihull has a reputation beyond reputeDanSolihull has a reputation beyond reputeDanSolihull has a reputation beyond reputeDanSolihull has a reputation beyond reputeDanSolihull has a reputation beyond reputeDanSolihull has a reputation beyond reputeDanSolihull has a reputation beyond reputeDanSolihull has a reputation beyond reputeDanSolihull has a reputation beyond reputeDanSolihull has a reputation beyond repute

Try STA travel;

http://www.statravel.co.uk/flights.htm
Old Mar 8th 2012, 9:38 pm
BE Enthusiast

James516 has much to be proud ofJames516 has much to be proud ofJames516 has much to be proud ofJames516 has much to be proud ofJames516 has much to be proud ofJames516 has much to be proud ofJames516 has much to be proud ofJames516 has much to be proud ofJames516 has much to be proud ofJames516 has much to be proud ofJames516 has much to be proud of

Try booking two sets of one-way flights - that can save you up to 10% IME.
Old Mar 8th 2012, 10:03 pm
Frequent Flyer Member

bcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by James516
Try booking two sets of one-way flights - that can save you up to 10% IME.
Or 2 return flights.

E.g. PER-SIN-PER + SIN-MAN-SIN

...take advantage of the better fares available in other markets.
Old Mar 9th 2012, 1:53 am
not sure...

RedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DanSolihull
Just a warning about STA. We booked flights with them before and weren't given the option to select seats or specify what meals we wanted (I'm veggie). Of course we didn't realise this until after we'd paid so I had to contact them - several times - to confirm that we had the seats we wanted etc.

Afterwards they absolutely hounded me with e-mails, calls and brochures in the post for repeat business until I called them and made it clear I wasn't interested. I think they're aimed largely at students although I could be wrong...
Old Mar 9th 2012, 2:21 am
BE Enthusiast

Location: Camberwell/S.E London > Orpington > Mornington > heart will always be in Tullamore. Co Offaly
steve_kelly_and_boys is a name known to allsteve_kelly_and_boys is a name known to allsteve_kelly_and_boys is a name known to allsteve_kelly_and_boys is a name known to allsteve_kelly_and_boys is a name known to allsteve_kelly_and_boys is a name known to allsteve_kelly_and_boys is a name known to allsteve_kelly_and_boys is a name known to allsteve_kelly_and_boys is a name known to allsteve_kelly_and_boys is a name known to allsteve_kelly_and_boys is a name known to all

we used www.zuji.com.au to book flights for family visiting us from the u.k and found them the cheapest by far i also looked at their flight prices back to the uk and was impressed
Old Mar 9th 2012, 3:57 am
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bcworld
Or 2 return flights.

E.g. PER-SIN-PER + SIN-MAN-SIN

...take advantage of the better fares available in other markets.
I get a regular email from Cathay and their flights out of HK can be incredibly good value - $650 return to Chicago, $500 return to Vancouver etc. So get a cheap AA or Tiger flight to HK for $400-500 and you can get to a lot of places for not much more.