Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Return Of The Dragon.....

Return Of The Dragon.....

Old Jan 31st 2004, 10:01 am
Forum Regular

neal is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Return Of The Dragon.....

Mrs Neal here with the next installment of our ex-wife nightmare saga.requiring more advice I'm afraid.....
Irate phonecall from dragon today now regretting consenting to the meds and threatening to do all she can to stop us from going to Oz.
All I want to know(bondipom where are you???!!!)is can she withdraw the meds now that they have been received by Adelaide?We had an e-mail yesterday from Adelaide saying the meds were in their possession so they have actually got them but don't know if they've looked at them.
Are we just panicking -can anybody help???? :scared:
Old Jan 31st 2004, 10:11 am
Account Closed

ANA123 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Return Of The Dragon.....

Originally posted by neal
Mrs Neal here with the next installment of our ex-wife nightmare saga.requiring more advice I'm afraid.....
Irate phonecall from dragon today now regretting consenting to the meds and threatening to do all she can to stop us from going to Oz.
All I want to know(bondipom where are you???!!!)is can she withdraw the meds now that they have been received by Adelaide?We had an e-mail yesterday from Adelaide saying the meds were in their possession so they have actually got them but don't know if they've looked at them.

At least if she does contact Adelaide demanding withdrawal of the meds they will have first hand experience of her unreasonableness(is that a word?), surely they'll then be aware that you've done everything possible to comply with their requests.
Fingers crossed for you.
Old Jan 31st 2004, 10:16 am
Go Banana's !!

Just shoot her. You've already done you Police check so it won't go on that !!!!!

Sincerely hope she calms down and this is just a blip.

Thinking of you

Jill

Old Jan 31st 2004, 10:24 am
Forum Regular

Default aaaarrrggghhhhh!!!!

Excellent advice Jill and not something that hasn't been discussed at great length......
Unreasonableness-what a FANTASTIC word and so accurate Mrs.N
Old Jan 31st 2004, 10:35 am

tiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond repute

I would say the time has come to get some SERIOUS legal advice.
She consented to the kids having the meds, and it is purely out of spite she wishes to withdraw the reports...I think that is extremely unreasonable behaviour and you need to get legal help now before she destroys your dreams of moving. GO MONDAY MORNING and get a solicitors advice!!!!!
it may be worth contacting dimia and asking what would happen if she did do what shes threatened....altho she sounds so dim, she probably wont know where the hell to contact.

good luck, keep us posted

sue
Old Jan 31st 2004, 10:46 am
Go Banana's !!

Originally posted by Go Banana's !!
Just shoot her. You've already done you Police check so it won't go on that !!!!!

Sincerely hope she calms down and this is just a blip.

Thinking of you

Jill
Is my wife conspiring/inciting murder......oh no !!! Although I supose a few years ago you would have been sent to Oz and not had to follow this nightmare process !!

Good luck with trying to resolve the issue. I am not an expert but surely if Adeliade have the meds then short of a court order stopping you leaving the country she can't do anything ??

Best wishes

Warren (Jill's other half)
Perth 2004.....

Old Jan 31st 2004, 11:32 am
earlswood

If she consented isn't it a verbal agreement?
I'm sure it's too late (hope so for your sake!):scared:

We sent my step son off with a letter today trying to convince her to sign the Affidavit (even though he's not coming).

Will know tomorrow what the expletive response will be when he comes home.

Good luck

Old Jan 31st 2004, 3:12 pm
Forum Regular

Default Dragons

Thankyou to all for the support.We decided better safe than sorry and have e-mailed Adelaide with this query as it can't be right that she can retract meds when they've actually got possession of them...can it???!!!
We absolutely REFUSE to panic any more so are trying to "keep busy and stay positive"(what awful cliches these are).
Earslwood do you know what you are going to do if your dragon gives the expected response??Can pm you with the contingency plan we were going to use if she didn't turn up for the meds if you need some help or advice?:lecture: Mrs.N
Old Jan 31st 2004, 3:39 pm
Loving it in Bundy

teach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of light

Hiya Mrs Neal,

Never ends does it. Don't worry, I seriously doubt whether she will be able to retract meds as a) they are in Adelaide, b) she agreed in first place and allowed them to go ahead and c) you have coughed up good spondoolies for them, it hasn't cost her anything. An e-mail from Adelaide will put your mind at rest and hopefully as it was only those meds holding up your visa, it will actually be winging it's way to you as I type.

Regards
Sarah
Old Jan 31st 2004, 3:48 pm
earlswood

Default Re: Dragons

Thankyou to all for the support.We decided better safe than sorry and have e-mailed Adelaide with this query as it can't be right that she can retract meds when they've actually got possession of them...can it???!!!
We absolutely REFUSE to panic any more so are trying to "keep busy and stay positive"(what awful cliches these are).
Earslwood do you know what you are going to do if your dragon gives the expected response??Can pm you with the contingency plan we were going to use if she didn't turn up for the meds if you need some help or advice?:lecture: Mrs.N
Hi Mrs N

We don't really know what to do if she refuses

would be v. greatful to hear your contingency plan if you want to pm me
(As long as it doesn't involve a shot gun or more than 100 quid )

Old Jan 31st 2004, 5:44 pm
Forum Regular

Earlswood have sent you a pm.Mrs N
Old Jan 31st 2004, 8:47 pm

bondipom is an unknown quantity at this point

My experience is with getting a partner visa without children so I am sorry to say I have no info that can help you. I think you might get a better response from the experts in the immigration forum. They are JAJ, George Lombard, ptlabs and Alan Collet.
Old Jan 31st 2004, 9:46 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks.Have just posted so will wait and see...
Old Jan 31st 2004, 11:04 pm
Forum Regular

scotvness is a jewel in the roughscotvness is a jewel in the roughscotvness is a jewel in the roughscotvness is a jewel in the rough

Thanks.Have just posted so will wait and see...
Got my fingers crossed for you

Regards

Scot
Old Feb 1st 2004, 4:36 am
Forum Regular

adelaidegirl is an unknown quantity at this point

Hmmmm, can't you tell you her you have now got your visa's, let her think that it is now pointless her trying to contact DIMIA. After all, you should have them within a few weeks anyway.

Good luck, adelaidegirl