Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

return from australia house

return from australia house

Old Jan 15th 2007, 12:11 pm
BE Enthusiast

thepomandozzy is just really nicethepomandozzy is just really nicethepomandozzy is just really nicethepomandozzy is just really nicethepomandozzy is just really nicethepomandozzy is just really nicethepomandozzy is just really nicethepomandozzy is just really nicethepomandozzy is just really nicethepomandozzy is just really nice
Default return from australia house

Hi

Sending our visa to australia house on wed with courier but when its due to be returned(fingers crossed) do we just put a special delivery envelope from post office in when we send it and if so how small/big do we need it and how much should it cost approx. Hope someone can help.

Thanks

Tracey
Old Jan 15th 2007, 12:15 pm
on the Goldie

thewoodz has a reputation beyond reputethewoodz has a reputation beyond reputethewoodz has a reputation beyond reputethewoodz has a reputation beyond reputethewoodz has a reputation beyond reputethewoodz has a reputation beyond reputethewoodz has a reputation beyond reputethewoodz has a reputation beyond reputethewoodz has a reputation beyond reputethewoodz has a reputation beyond reputethewoodz has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: return from australia house

Originally Posted by thepomandozzy
Hi

Sending our visa to australia house on wed with courier but when its due to be returned(fingers crossed) do we just put a special delivery envelope from post office in when we send it and if so how small/big do we need it and how much should it cost approx. Hope someone can help.

Thanks

Tracey
hi we sent our visa off the week before last and just sent them in a special delivery bag - guaranteed before 1pm next day and put another prepaid special delivery envelope into the envelope. it cost £4.50 each way.
don't forget to put your visa letter in as well.
we sent them on a thursday and got them back the following wednesday.
Old Jan 15th 2007, 5:31 pm
BE Enthusiast

thepomandozzy is just really nicethepomandozzy is just really nicethepomandozzy is just really nicethepomandozzy is just really nicethepomandozzy is just really nicethepomandozzy is just really nicethepomandozzy is just really nicethepomandozzy is just really nicethepomandozzy is just really nicethepomandozzy is just really nice

Originally Posted by thewoodz
hi we sent our visa off the week before last and just sent them in a special delivery bag - guaranteed before 1pm next day and put another prepaid special delivery envelope into the envelope. it cost £4.50 each way.
don't forget to put your visa letter in as well.
we sent them on a thursday and got them back the following wednesday.
Hi

Sorry if this is a dumb question(am blonde after all) what do you mean by visa letter. So was your turn around for spouse visa just 1 week?

Thanks

Tracey
Old Jan 15th 2007, 5:35 pm

Issie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

Sorry if this is a dumb question(am blonde after all) what do you mean by visa letter. So was your turn around for spouse visa just 1 week?

Thanks

Tracey
You should get a letter with comfirnation of all applicants which will include your personal number. If you went with an agent they usually email it to you. If not you should wait for DiMIA to email it to you. Like the OP you just need a return special delivery envelope costing £ 4.50 each way. We received our visa back within 3 days
Old Jan 15th 2007, 6:48 pm
on the Goldie

thewoodz has a reputation beyond reputethewoodz has a reputation beyond reputethewoodz has a reputation beyond reputethewoodz has a reputation beyond reputethewoodz has a reputation beyond reputethewoodz has a reputation beyond reputethewoodz has a reputation beyond reputethewoodz has a reputation beyond reputethewoodz has a reputation beyond reputethewoodz has a reputation beyond reputethewoodz has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

Thanks

Tracey
hi
no we are going on a 136 MODL visa.
the week turn around was for the passports to come back with the visa verification sticker in.
when you put visa i assumed that you had had a visa grant and letter. I'm sorry if i got the "wrong end of the stick". don't know anything about spouse visas - a poster called sheils has got a spouse visa maybe you could ask her
Old Jan 15th 2007, 7:01 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by thewoodz
hi
no we are going on a 136 MODL visa.
the week turn around was for the passports to come back with the visa verification sticker in.
when you put visa i assumed that you had had a visa grant and letter. I'm sorry if i got the "wrong end of the stick". don't know anything about spouse visas - a poster called sheils has got a spouse visa maybe you could ask her
Thanks for your replies. We are doing the application ourselves and will be sending all visa stuff to london on wed. Have been chatting to sheils regularly so will ask her. Thanks again.

Tracey
Old Jan 15th 2007, 7:24 pm
I'm now an Aussie too!!!

shiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for your replies. We are doing the application ourselves and will be sending all visa stuff to london on wed. Have been chatting to sheils regularly so will ask her. Thanks again.

Tracey
I didnt send in a 'visa letter' as i didnt have one!!!
We had confirmation by e-mail that the visa was granted and it told you what and who to send the passports to. You could always print off the e-mail when you get it. This is presuming you have requested contact by e-mail on the application form??
You really dont need the cost of a courier, the post office service is guarenteed and you can track it on-line.

C x

Last edited by shiels; Jan 15th 2007 at 7:27 pm.
Old Jan 15th 2007, 7:42 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by shiels
I didnt send in a 'visa letter' as i didnt have one!!!
We had confirmation by e-mail that the visa was granted and it told you what and who to send the passports to. You could always print off the e-mail when you get it. This is presuming you have requested contact by e-mail on the application form??
You really dont need the cost of a courier, the post office service is guarenteed and you can track it on-line.

C x
Hi Claire

We have decided to go post office route and yes we have put email contact details.

Thanks

Tracey x
Old Jan 15th 2007, 8:00 pm
I'm now an Aussie too!!!

shiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond repute

We have decided to go post office route and yes we have put email contact details.

Thanks

Tracey x

You wont need to send a SAE envelope then as they dont send anything back to you, as its all copies.
Give it two weeks and you'll have that e-mail beaming its way to you!!!!
Then when you send your passports in thats when to include a SAE put the same postage on it as it costs you to send it. Look forward to here that you've got it...........C x
Old Feb 15th 2007, 1:15 pm
Forum Regular

Wilso16 is just really niceWilso16 is just really niceWilso16 is just really niceWilso16 is just really niceWilso16 is just really niceWilso16 is just really niceWilso16 is just really niceWilso16 is just really nice

You wont need to send a SAE envelope then as they dont send anything back to you, as its all copies.
Give it two weeks and you'll have that e-mail beaming its way to you!!!!
Then when you send your passports in thats when to include a SAE put the same postage on it as it costs you to send it. Look forward to here that you've got it...........C x
Do they send things like photos back and other personal evidence?
Old Feb 15th 2007, 1:43 pm
I'm now an Aussie too!!!

Originally Posted by Wilso16
I didnt send any photos so not sure, i would think that they would though. What type of visa are you applying for? C x
Old Feb 15th 2007, 2:24 pm
Forum Regular

Wilso16 is just really niceWilso16 is just really niceWilso16 is just really niceWilso16 is just really niceWilso16 is just really niceWilso16 is just really niceWilso16 is just really niceWilso16 is just really nice

I didnt send any photos so not sure, i would think that they would though. What type of visa are you applying for? C x
Applying for a defacto spouse visa. The photos are just part of my evidence showing me and the boyf with friends and family and on holiday etc. Also got wedding invitations, thank you cards etc.

Can I ask what you submitted for evidence of your relationship or did you not?
Old Feb 15th 2007, 2:43 pm
I'm now an Aussie too!!!

Applying for a defacto spouse visa. The photos are just part of my evidence showing me and the boyf with friends and family and on holiday etc. Also got wedding invitations, thank you cards etc.

Can I ask what you submitted for evidence of your relationship or did you not?
Been married for 16 years and have 2 children, so marriage and birth certs. Other than that a stats dec from our joint financial advisor, bank statements, mortgage statements and of course our undying love stories!!! Oh and docs from our trip to Aus last year........C x

BTW have you seen 'the spouse circle' thread in the barbie?
Old Feb 15th 2007, 3:06 pm
Forum Regular

Been married for 16 years and have 2 children, so marriage and birth certs. Other than that a stats dec from our joint financial advisor, bank statements, mortgage statements and of course our undying love stories!!! Oh and docs from our trip to Aus last year........C x

BTW have you seen 'the spouse circle' thread in the barbie?
No I haven't - normally just look in here or the immigration section. I'll go and hunt it down!

Thanks
Old Feb 15th 2007, 3:43 pm
BE Enthusiast

lonndongeek has a reputation beyond reputelonndongeek has a reputation beyond reputelonndongeek has a reputation beyond reputelonndongeek has a reputation beyond reputelonndongeek has a reputation beyond reputelonndongeek has a reputation beyond reputelonndongeek has a reputation beyond reputelonndongeek has a reputation beyond reputelonndongeek has a reputation beyond reputelonndongeek has a reputation beyond reputelonndongeek has a reputation beyond repute

Hi There,

I applied for a de-facto spouse visa back in November.

We posted the application special delivery on 28th November, I had an e-mail on 30th November saying that everything was approved! I don't know if this is especially fast, but seemed too quick for me, and we didn't believe it was true until my passport came back with a visa in it.

When my passport came back, they returned photos as well as other bits and pieces that weren't 'essential' for the application, but possibly helped.

As far as evidence is concerned, we submitted various photos of us together, bank statements from our joint account, credit card bills proving the split of who pays for what within the house (these weren't 'proper' statements, but printed from the relevant websites), stat decs from friends in Australia, the joint rental agreement from the flat and boarding passes from when we've been away together.

HTH

Steve

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.