Reload this Page >

Retirees - What made you "snap" and decide to emigrate

Wikiposts

Retirees - What made you "snap" and decide to emigrate

Old Nov 12th 2003, 3:10 am
Just Joined

Squidgy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Retirees - What made you "snap" and decide to emigrate

I thought the original thread and feed back was most interesting But no feed back from Retirees. As Im thinking of retiring to Oz Hence this thread.
Old Nov 12th 2003, 3:43 am
BE Forum Addict

karawara88 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello John, sorry can't help with your post but noticed you are from Emsworth, lived there (Brook Gardens) many moons ago, its a small world.
Old Nov 12th 2003, 12:41 pm
Wol
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Retirees - What made you "snap" and decide to emigrate

Originally posted by johnharniman
I thought the original thread and feed back was most interesting But no feed back from Retirees. As Im thinking of retiring to Oz Hence this thread.
Well, John, I'd worked many times in Oz, wife has son and some family there so we'd always 3/4 intended to go after I retired. That was 6 years ago! But wifey's mother is still with us and she said no way until, well,........

Wifey's mother now in a home and looks as if she'll outlive us by many years. So, if not now - when?

And, like many others on this illustrious forum, we're fed up to the back teeth with the way the UK is sliding downhill almost by the hour. 'Ol Gordon won't be satisfied until we are all taxed at 101% and have to queue up for pocket money to pay the rent and buy gruel.

Same as Oz, really - but the weather's better there!
Old Nov 14th 2003, 11:36 pm
Just Joined

pommyringer is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by Squidgy
After seeing the checks(financial etc) my son had to pass to get his visa it confirmed that Oz was the place to retire too. Fed up with the Uk and its handouts to aliens using my tax. Also being on a pension , fixed income, Aus is great as the money goes further. Out there this year mustering on a cattle station and no one commented at my age 60, no ageism.
Pommeyringer
Old Nov 14th 2003, 11:53 pm
Badge

Originally posted by pommyringer
After seeing the checks(financial etc) my son had to pass to get his visa it confirmed that Oz was the place to retire too. Fed up with the Uk and its handouts to aliens using my tax. Also being on a pension , fixed income, Aus is great as the money goes further. Out there this year mustering on a cattle station and no one commented at my age 60, no ageism.
Pommeyringer

nice one ringer. What an accolade!! Where were you based?

Badge