Reload this Page >

Retail Therapy...Perth

Retail Therapy...Perth

Old Jul 3rd 2004, 11:07 pm

maxpaxx is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Retail Therapy...Perth

Calling all Perth shoppers!

Can I buy Laura Ashley in Perth anywhere? Can't find an aus website

What about Molton brown? where can I get it there and how much( say for 300ml handwash) - I know I am sad as hell but I have a thing about Molton Brown!

What shop do most people get home furnishings from is there anything like John Lewis/habitat/Laura Ashley?

Clothes for short people??? Trousers are really hard to find even here so where should I go in Perth? is there a Monsoon?

Whats mail order like there? I order lots of the kids clothes from Vertbaudet here - I'm guessing that's out!

And if anyone knows a really good bike shop that would be great.

...there must be a fellow shopper out there who can give me some tips!

Sorry if it's a bit rambling..tired time for bed

Max x
Old Jul 3rd 2004, 11:19 pm

madsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Retail Therapy...Perth

Originally posted by maxpaxx

What about Molton brown? where can I get it there and how much( say for 300ml handwash) - I know I am sad as hell but I have a thing about Molton Brown!

What shop do most people get home furnishings from is there anything like John Lewis/habitat/Laura Ashley?

Clothes for short people??? Trousers are really hard to find even here so where should I go in Perth? is there a Monsoon?

Whats mail order like there? I order lots of the kids clothes from Vertbaudet here - I'm guessing that's out!

Max x
Sleep on it?
Im sure oz has similar stores to j-lewis,habitat...etc...?
Donna.
Old Jul 4th 2004, 1:21 am
You sip .... I glug !!!

Vegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond repute

Will do my best to answer but havent been doing much shopping yet ....

Laura Ashley - not that I've seen so far

Molton Brown - Dont know, never use their products. Possibly in David Jones (Big shop similar to House of Fraser, Debenhams etc...)

Furniture and home furnishings - try Freedom, its fantastic (too fantastic - I spend far too much money in there ) www.freedom.com.au There also an IKEA here (in Osbourne Park)

Clothes for "short" people - havent a clue as I'm 1.70m, sorry, plus I tend to do quite a lot of my own dressmaking.

mail order - lots of options but havent heard of the one you mention

Bike shops - loads of them. Very good one on the Canning Highway (called Bike Force). It even won some awards last year for best shop and best knowledge of sales people.

Regards
Mairi
Old Jul 4th 2004, 2:36 am
BE Forum Addict

jopaulss will become famous soon enoughjopaulss will become famous soon enough

I have found after a while of being here you forget about british shops and you find yourself just going along with the flow and use the local named shops. It took me ages the other day to think of a shop i used to use in my home town, shows i didnt think about it no more. Its no good coming to live in Oz if you are going to pine for clothes shops as its a long way to just pop back to restock your wadrobe They have freedom here which a dearer version of IKEA but then they also have IKEA, harvey norman sells everything in the home and is expensive we find. I went shopping yesterday with 2 girlfirnds and we spent i think around 4 hours clothes shopping oh my feet now in my home town i would have been in and out of the shops in what an hour flat as that was the choice , here we have alot more, or perhaps im not as fussy as i used to be more laid back now i think. So try and forget the likes of laura ashley and have a change new country new shops new style
Joanne
Old Jul 4th 2004, 2:43 am
Forum Regular

GengaKev is an unknown quantity at this point

On our validation trip my wife had no problems giving our credit cards a pounding.

Would suggest you'll be fine!! stay away from Subiaco shoe shops!! financial suicide!!.

Genga man
Old Jul 4th 2004, 2:50 am
BE Forum Addict

Gengakev yes have heard about subi will have to try there next. I would love to meet your wife we could shop together
Joanne
Old Jul 4th 2004, 3:06 am
Forum Regular

Joanne,

My wife would love to. Hope your strong enough to carry her about!

I cut her feet off to ensure no more shoe induced nightmares....might buy a yacht with the money I save.
Old Jul 4th 2004, 3:41 am

Siren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond repute

Isnt it a prerequisite that the Mrs credit card gets cut up before migrating to Oz??

Siren's bette half
Old Jul 4th 2004, 3:48 am
Forum Regular

I've not broken that little chestnut to her yet!!.

Better get brave soon, flights are booked for September!

or maybe just sneak into her bag in the middle of the night....
Old Jul 4th 2004, 8:47 am
58.38264% - Extreme Geek

anya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to all

Originally posted by maxpaxx

Max x
Hi Max,

There are 2 Laura Ashley branches in Melbourne (1 on Elizabeth St, the other at the huge Chadstone Shopping Mall). Maybe you could contact them & ask about Perth branches? BTW, their clothes are quite expensive over there, but there are some very nice things

My local Monsoon here in the UK were able to tell me where my nearest Oz branch was.

As for John Lewis-style department stores, if you have David Jones in Perth, that's quite a good one & more upmarket than Myers (whch is, say, Debenhams standard, so still perfectly OK).

One thing to note about Oz clothes, though, is that the fashions seem about 1 year behind (I guess because of the shift in seasons). Also, really nice quality, well-cut clothes are more expensive than the UK, but there are plenty of cheap'n'cheerful garments about. As I usally have to wear a suit to work, I'm taking some new ones with me.

M&S, Next and John Lewis do not do non-uk mail order which is mad. I'm hoping to get my lovely mum in law to act as go-between if I need anything.

Happy shopping!

Anya.
Old Jul 4th 2004, 9:23 am

Originally posted by GengaKev
On our validation trip my wife had no problems giving our credit cards a pounding.

Would suggest you'll be fine!! stay away from Subiaco shoe shops!! financial suicide!!.

Genga man
oh deary me that just happens to be wher we are staying for 3 weeks!!! ..note to self need new shoe rack from Ikea
Old Jul 4th 2004, 9:27 am

Originally posted by anya4oz
Hi Max,

There are 2 Laura Ashley branches in Melbourne (1 on Elizabeth St, the other at the huge Chadstone Shopping Mall). Maybe you could contact them & ask about Perth branches? BTW, their clothes are quite expensive over there, but there are some very nice things

My local Monsoon here in the UK were able to tell me where my nearest Oz branch was.

As for John Lewis-style department stores, if you have David Jones in Perth, that's quite a good one & more upmarket than Myers (whch is, say, Debenhams standard, so still perfectly OK).

One thing to note about Oz clothes, though, is that the fashions seem about 1 year behind (I guess because of the shift in seasons). Also, really nice quality, well-cut clothes are more expensive than the UK, but there are plenty of cheap'n'cheerful garments about. As I usally have to wear a suit to work, I'm taking some new ones with me.

M&S, Next and John Lewis do not do non-uk mail order which is mad. I'm hoping to get my lovely mum in law to act as go-between if I need anything.

Happy shopping!

Anya.
Yes I was thinking the same thing if I really need something it might be worth getting my Mum to post it!

I have bought lots of clothes in Aus in the past just don't remember seeing certain shops. I remember seeing Jigsaw I think.

Does anyone know if they have Fat Face over there? I love their stuff.

Max x
Old Jul 4th 2004, 9:29 am

Originally posted by jopaulss
I have found after a while of being here you forget about british shops and you find yourself just going along with the flow and use the local named shops. It took me ages the other day to think of a shop i used to use in my home town, shows i didnt think about it no more. Its no good coming to live in Oz if you are going to pine for clothes shops as its a long way to just pop back to restock your wadrobe They have freedom here which a dearer version of IKEA but then they also have IKEA, harvey norman sells everything in the home and is expensive we find. I went shopping yesterday with 2 girlfirnds and we spent i think around 4 hours clothes shopping oh my feet now in my home town i would have been in and out of the shops in what an hour flat as that was the choice , here we have alot more, or perhaps im not as fussy as i used to be more laid back now i think. So try and forget the likes of laura ashley and have a change new country new shops new style
Joanne

Yeah quite open to new shops just need some pointer of where to go - wouldn't want to end up in the eqivalent of Bewise!!

Do you find that you wear more casual clothes now?

Max
Old Jul 4th 2004, 9:33 am

Originally posted by Mairi&Chris
Will do my best to answer but havent been doing much shopping yet ....

Laura Ashley - not that I've seen so far

Molton Brown - Dont know, never use their products. Possibly in David Jones (Big shop similar to House of Fraser, Debenhams etc...)

Furniture and home furnishings - try Freedom, its fantastic (too fantastic - I spend far too much money in there ) www.freedom.com.au There also an IKEA here (in Osbourne Park)

Clothes for "short" people - havent a clue as I'm 1.70m, sorry, plus I tend to do quite a lot of my own dressmaking.

mail order - lots of options but havent heard of the one you mention

Bike shops - loads of them. Very good one on the Canning Highway (called Bike Force). It even won some awards last year for best shop and best knowledge of sales people.

Regards
Mairi

Oh yes forgot about David Jones.

Logged onto that Freedom site. I think I was having a retail panic attack! LOL
Old Jul 4th 2004, 9:52 am
BE Forum Addict

Hi Maxpax
Hi there hey you have mentioned bewise, i have had to laugh i used to work in bewise in evesham. Where u from?
You , me and gengakevs wife will all have to go shopping
Joanne

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.