Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Restaurant rules????

Restaurant rules????

Old Mar 24th 2004, 1:51 pm
BE Forum Addict

podgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant future
Default Restaurant rules????

I was taken out for a birthday dinner this evening. I ordered seafood pie (which was lovely) but did not want to eat the very nice beer battered chips that came with it as i'm doing as GPM says and still on the weightloss campaign. I knew that my grandaugter would love them, so i asked the waitress to pop them in a bag to take home.

When she returned she bought a form ot fill in and a pen. She told me that i was not allowed to take the chips off the premises unless i sign the form to say i had waived any responsibilty for illness that may be caused from eating them once i had left the restaurant!!!!!!!!!!!! ..... i was that stunned i just signed it.

When i was driving home i said to my husband, it was the most ridiculous thing i had ever heard, as how on earth can you prove WHEN on any given night the food eaten would have caused food poisoning...it could very well have happened in the restaurant BEFORE you left!!

Has this happened to anyone else?

VERY BIZARRE!!!
Old Mar 24th 2004, 8:32 pm
Forum Regular

Dawn Adams will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Restaurant rules????

[i]

When she returned she bought a form ot fill in and a pen. She told me that i was not allowed to take the chips off the premises unless i sign the form to say i had waived any responsibilty for illness that may be caused from eating them once i had left the restaurant!!!!!!!!!!!! ..... i was that stunned i just signed it.
Yes, and it was in Australia. Along with the explanation that people tend to leave the doggy bag on the counter overnight, instead of putting the food in the fridge, and all the little greeblies multiply madly. Someone gets ill, and blames the food from the restaurant.
Old Mar 24th 2004, 8:34 pm
Forum Regular

Dawn Adams will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Restaurant rules????

Originally posted by podgypossum
I was taken out for a birthday dinner this evening.
Many happy returns, PP!
Old Mar 24th 2004, 9:57 pm

Elaine M has much to be proud ofElaine M has much to be proud ofElaine M has much to be proud ofElaine M has much to be proud ofElaine M has much to be proud ofElaine M has much to be proud ofElaine M has much to be proud ofElaine M has much to be proud ofElaine M has much to be proud ofElaine M has much to be proud ofElaine M has much to be proud of

Happy Birthday PP,

Elaine M
Old Mar 24th 2004, 10:24 pm
Karma Comedian

jayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond repute

I got a takeaway from a fancy restaurant whcih included a note saying that the food was now unfit for human consumption but could be fed to animals - mmmm..... nice
Old Mar 24th 2004, 10:46 pm
BE Forum Addict

podgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant future

Thanx for your kind wishes...

Its not my birthday till Sunday. I am having, what is turning out to be a rather large party on Saturday night!! Thanx to Adelaide Brits!

Maybe i should get them all to sign forms befor eating my pasta salad and salmon canapes !!
Old Mar 24th 2004, 10:52 pm
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute

Thanx for your kind wishes...

Its not my birthday till Sunday. I am having, what is turning out to be a rather large party on Saturday night!! Thanx to Adelaide Brits!

Maybe i should get them all to sign forms befor eating my pasta salad and salmon canapes !!
Feed em warm cocktail pasties - very tasty and soaks up the beer
Old Mar 24th 2004, 11:16 pm
Y Ddraig Goch

Location: Body is in Brissie. Heart and soul has long flown home.
Ceri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to all

I seem to recall there was something on the national news about this , I'm going back months ago now, before Christmas I think. 'They" said all doggy bags were to be stopped/banned in restaurants here in Aus because of the risk of food poisoning - ie people keeping the food for days, not refrigerating it etc.

Perhaps this is how the restaurants are getting around the new rules/laws by asking people to sign a waiver form.

Check it out it may be the new law - but they did mention this new rule that was coming in months ago on the national news.

It may now be the law.
Old Mar 24th 2004, 11:18 pm
BE Forum Addict

OK..but what about the millions of takeaway outlets??!!.... i never been asked to sign something from them....
Old Mar 25th 2004, 7:07 am
BE Enthusiast

BookBear is an unknown quantity at this point

OK..but what about the millions of takeaway outlets??!!.... i never been asked to sign something from them....
Just what I was thinking. It just does not make sense!

OK you're more likely to eat your takeaway than just leave it on the counter and forget about it when you get home from the restaurant, but surely it's just 6 of one and 1/2 a dozen of the other