Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Restaurant opinions

Restaurant opinions

Old Apr 9th 2010, 3:13 pm
Forum Regular

BonnieH is just really niceBonnieH is just really niceBonnieH is just really niceBonnieH is just really niceBonnieH is just really niceBonnieH is just really niceBonnieH is just really niceBonnieH is just really niceBonnieH is just really nice
Talking Restaurant opinions

Hi everyone

I'm in the process of organising my wedding....

However I'm looking for a reception venue, ideally a restaurant as there's only going to be 20+ guests.

Needs to be in Brisbane city, overlooking the river ......... I've seen a few restaurants on the net like Bretts Wharf and River Canteen but as I don't live over there I'm being won over by the websites and not the actual food!

So if anyone has been to a restaurant that has the river/city view and the food and service is amazing then please reply to this message and I'll check it out!!!

Thanks in advance!!
Old Apr 9th 2010, 3:50 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

fish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Restaurant opinions

Originally Posted by BonnieH
Hi everyone

I'm in the process of organising my wedding....

However I'm looking for a reception venue, ideally a restaurant as there's only going to be 20+ guests.

Needs to be in Brisbane city, overlooking the river ......... I've seen a few restaurants on the net like Bretts Wharf and River Canteen but as I don't live over there I'm being won over by the websites and not the actual food!

So if anyone has been to a restaurant that has the river/city view and the food and service is amazing then please reply to this message and I'll check it out!!!

Thanks in advance!!
Can't vouch for the food as it is under new management but you might consider it given its great position: http://www.summerontheriver.com.au/sor_events.html
Old Apr 9th 2010, 3:53 pm
Forum Regular

BonnieH is just really niceBonnieH is just really niceBonnieH is just really niceBonnieH is just really niceBonnieH is just really niceBonnieH is just really niceBonnieH is just really niceBonnieH is just really niceBonnieH is just really nice
Default Re: Restaurant opinions

Thanks for the link, I see it used to be Oxleys!! That was on my list of fav locations for the recception, didn't realise it had changed hands!

Thanks!!!