Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

resignation day tommorrow, ahhhh

resignation day tommorrow, ahhhh

Old Aug 26th 2009, 6:40 am
Forum Regular

sormesher has much to be proud ofsormesher has much to be proud ofsormesher has much to be proud ofsormesher has much to be proud ofsormesher has much to be proud ofsormesher has much to be proud ofsormesher has much to be proud ofsormesher has much to be proud ofsormesher has much to be proud ofsormesher has much to be proud ofsormesher has much to be proud of
Default resignation day tommorrow, ahhhh

well the day is nearly upon me to hand my notice in. i am really scared about it. i have done it a couple of times but people knew and this time my bosses have no idea that i am planning this move and it will come as a big surprise.
anyone any stories to share on how they handed theirs in. is it best to do it last thing or first thing.
im sure it will be fine, at the end of the day its just a place of work
Old Aug 26th 2009, 7:01 am
BE Enthusiast

chilliman is just really nicechilliman is just really nicechilliman is just really nicechilliman is just really nicechilliman is just really nicechilliman is just really nicechilliman is just really nicechilliman is just really nicechilliman is just really nicechilliman is just really nice
Default Re: resignation day tommorrow, ahhhh

I resigned from my last job last July.

Had the email typed, slept on it over night, then fired it off first thing in the morning ... best get it done soon as I would say!

It is scary but to get what you want sometimes you have to take some risks!
Old Aug 26th 2009, 7:03 am
Forum Regular

thebooys has a brilliant futurethebooys has a brilliant futurethebooys has a brilliant futurethebooys has a brilliant futurethebooys has a brilliant futurethebooys has a brilliant futurethebooys has a brilliant futurethebooys has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by sormesher
well the day is nearly upon me to hand my notice in. i am really scared about it. i have done it a couple of times but people knew and this time my bosses have no idea that i am planning this move and it will come as a big surprise.
anyone any stories to share on how they handed theirs in. is it best to do it last thing or first thing.
im sure it will be fine, at the end of the day its just a place of work
good luck, i handed mine in last friday

i'd do it in the morning personally as you never know they may let you go on 'gardening' leave !! mine haven't, but i knew that would be the case plus they've actually helped facilitate my move to the same company but over in Oz.

also depends on how well you get on with your boss? do you want to ruin his weekend
Old Aug 26th 2009, 7:40 am
Forum Regular

vinny1275 will become famous soon enoughvinny1275 will become famous soon enough

I would just get it over and done with - you'll be fretting on it all day otherwise. I've had people give their notice in to me before, and you can tell by their body language that they're itching to tell you something, and normally the only reasons for a "quick chat in private" are to hand in notice or tell you they're going on maternity leave....

Good luck, I'm sure it'll be fine.
Old Aug 26th 2009, 7:45 am
BE Forum Addict

knockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond repute

Do it in person if possible. When I handed mine in I starting going on about how I would really miss the place after I leave and that it was purely because of a life long dream to move to Australia. Anyway, they bought all that and promised me a really good referece (which I got).

Best to leave on the best note possible.
Old Aug 26th 2009, 10:01 am
BE Enthusiast

aasmith1957 has much to be proud ofaasmith1957 has much to be proud ofaasmith1957 has much to be proud ofaasmith1957 has much to be proud ofaasmith1957 has much to be proud ofaasmith1957 has much to be proud ofaasmith1957 has much to be proud ofaasmith1957 has much to be proud ofaasmith1957 has much to be proud ofaasmith1957 has much to be proud ofaasmith1957 has much to be proud of

i never gave it a thought,nobody knew we were emigrating ,that was 18 years ago.just handed the matron my letter of resignation and said i would be taking 2 weeks paid leave,plus the last 2 weeks in pay.(1 months notice req).i had to interview people for my job and finish of a study program that i was running.never got on with the above mentioned but she gave me a glowing report,much to my surprise.(maybe glad to see the back of me eh).we did have a falling out before i left as she wouldnt give me a day off that i requested (had to be in 6 weeks before !!!).thats a whole different story though.suffice to say i came out on tops.
Old Aug 26th 2009, 11:01 am
BE Enthusiast

Location: Wherever I drive to after work each evening I guess
Toe Dipper has much to be proud ofToe Dipper has much to be proud ofToe Dipper has much to be proud ofToe Dipper has much to be proud ofToe Dipper has much to be proud ofToe Dipper has much to be proud ofToe Dipper has much to be proud ofToe Dipper has much to be proud ofToe Dipper has much to be proud ofToe Dipper has much to be proud ofToe Dipper has much to be proud of

I have very informally handed in my notice. Told the boss what a bastard he was, how unreasonable etc. He agreed totally, then went on to say that I was a lousy worker and was more interested in my move than completing the job.

Oh, I work for myself!

TD
Old Aug 26th 2009, 12:23 pm
BE Enthusiast

aasmith1957 has much to be proud ofaasmith1957 has much to be proud ofaasmith1957 has much to be proud ofaasmith1957 has much to be proud ofaasmith1957 has much to be proud ofaasmith1957 has much to be proud ofaasmith1957 has much to be proud ofaasmith1957 has much to be proud ofaasmith1957 has much to be proud ofaasmith1957 has much to be proud ofaasmith1957 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Toe Dipper
I have very informally handed in my notice. Told the boss what a bastard he was, how unreasonable etc. He agreed totally, then went on to say that I was a lousy worker and was more interested in my move than completing the job.

Oh, I work for myself!

TD
Old Aug 26th 2009, 7:21 pm
Forum Regular

sormesher has much to be proud ofsormesher has much to be proud ofsormesher has much to be proud ofsormesher has much to be proud ofsormesher has much to be proud ofsormesher has much to be proud ofsormesher has much to be proud ofsormesher has much to be proud ofsormesher has much to be proud ofsormesher has much to be proud ofsormesher has much to be proud of

thanks for all your messages, i think from what you all say i will do it in the morning. i am going to write the letter now. i think they will be a bit shocked but it will be worth it in the end.
hopefully they wont think it is the pregnancy chat!!
toe tipper i dont think i will follow your example, i would like a nice reference after all.
i will let you know how it goes
Old Aug 26th 2009, 7:54 pm
BE Forum Addict

ice mocha is a name known to allice mocha is a name known to allice mocha is a name known to allice mocha is a name known to allice mocha is a name known to allice mocha is a name known to allice mocha is a name known to allice mocha is a name known to allice mocha is a name known to allice mocha is a name known to allice mocha is a name known to all

ohhhhh this is exactly what i'll be doing
boss know nothing about it...
few people at work knew, but they won't say anything

im really looking forward to his reaction actually... but i bet the day i'm thinking of doing it, will be the day he's not at work!!!

but do let us know how you get on

i do agree first thing in the morning is good... then its all done with

good luck!!
Old Aug 26th 2009, 8:46 pm
Former Resident Visa

Jaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond repute

Emailed my notice last week; although we are all off for the 6 week holidays so had to email my boss at home whilst she was on holiday!
J x
Old Aug 26th 2009, 9:30 pm
BE Forum Addict

ice mocha is a name known to allice mocha is a name known to allice mocha is a name known to allice mocha is a name known to allice mocha is a name known to allice mocha is a name known to allice mocha is a name known to allice mocha is a name known to allice mocha is a name known to allice mocha is a name known to allice mocha is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Jaycee1
Emailed my notice last week; although we are all off for the 6 week holidays so had to email my boss at home whilst she was on holiday!
J x
i will have to email as well if he's not in..... lol
but its not for months yet.... hahaah
Old Aug 26th 2009, 9:42 pm
Forum Regular

LouB is just really niceLouB is just really niceLouB is just really niceLouB is just really niceLouB is just really niceLouB is just really niceLouB is just really niceLouB is just really niceLouB is just really nice

Our resignations go in on Friday. Shippers tomorrow too! Now it is beginning to feel real....
Old Aug 27th 2009, 2:01 am
Banned

SalmanM is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by LouB
Our resignations go in on Friday. Shippers tomorrow too! Now it is beginning to feel real....
I had recently got a leading position here in my organization, rather i build up a team here. My flights are booked and Im supposed to put my resignation next week, still reluctant and thinking, am i really leaving the company and the country
Old Aug 27th 2009, 3:21 am
The Stars are Underground

Beachband is a name known to allBeachband is a name known to allBeachband is a name known to allBeachband is a name known to allBeachband is a name known to allBeachband is a name known to allBeachband is a name known to allBeachband is a name known to allBeachband is a name known to allBeachband is a name known to allBeachband is a name known to all

Ya I was kinda like that too, leaving the company a few months ago after 12 years, with no job to go to in Oz etc.
My bosses did not want me going anywhere, they frickin loved me.

But do you know what....this life is for livin, I meant LIVIN.
Its daunting alright, in the same breath as it is exciting.

I don't want to be on my deathbed going..why the hell didn't I go to Oz, why didn't I leave my job that time and do something that's a once in a lifetime thing.
You never hear of someone saying on their deathbed(no matter how important a job they had) I should have worked more hours, been more dedicated to my company)
But you do hear people on their deathbed saying - why didn't I do this when I was younger, or gone there etc, Oh if I only had my time back again etc.
So sacrifices, like leaving your secure job, family, COMFORT ZONE are all part of the hurdles of this thing we are all involved in to fulfill our goal, whether it lasts 5 mins..5 months..5 years........a LIFETIME!!!

If ya never try then you'll never know,
Ya do only live once ya know, and a precious frickin one it is!!!

Last edited by Beachband; Aug 27th 2009 at 3:59 am.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.