Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Resident Return Query

Resident Return Query

Old Jan 4th 2021, 10:05 pm
Forum Regular

7immyboy has much to be proud of7immyboy has much to be proud of7immyboy has much to be proud of7immyboy has much to be proud of7immyboy has much to be proud of7immyboy has much to be proud of7immyboy has much to be proud of7immyboy has much to be proud of7immyboy has much to be proud of7immyboy has much to be proud of7immyboy has much to be proud of
Arrow Resident Return Query

Hello Everyone

Hope you`re all safe and well in such uncertain times. Quick question if I may, any input would be hugely appreciated.

Basically I was granted Perm Res on a BC100 Partner Visa in 2014

We left Australia for a short while then was offered a lucrative work contract so we ended up staying in the UK and my PR expired.

Now I wish to return on Resident Return Visa however, I am no longer in that relationship upon my original BC 100 visa was based and granted.

Is this relevant ? should I be applying for a different visa? Parent Visa perhaps ( i think i saw a few options ) If I am not in the original relationship.

I meet the personal ties criteria to return as we have a child of Australian descent, from what I can gather, I am hoping its simple for a change and I am on the right track.

Many thanks in advance and stay safe .

7immy
Old Jan 5th 2021, 8:24 am
BE Forum Addict

rammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Resident Return Query

If you got PR and not a provisional partner visa then it doesn’t matter if the relationship has broken down. You have PR so you can apply for an RRV .
you will only get a one year one as you haven’t been in Aus for two out of the last five years (I assume). If you have not been in Australia for over 5 years you also have to provide reasons for your absence.
Old Jan 5th 2021, 8:28 am
Forum Regular

7immyboy has much to be proud of7immyboy has much to be proud of7immyboy has much to be proud of7immyboy has much to be proud of7immyboy has much to be proud of7immyboy has much to be proud of7immyboy has much to be proud of7immyboy has much to be proud of7immyboy has much to be proud of7immyboy has much to be proud of7immyboy has much to be proud of

Thank you Rammy

Last time i was in AU was Jan 2018 and my PR expired shortly after, we feel that we have a good enough explanation for them, so RRV it is. Thank you for putting mind at rest !

7immy
Old Jan 5th 2021, 8:30 am
Forum Regular

But yes I was only there for a few weeks in Jan 2018.