Wikiposts

Reply to Mark

Old Aug 9th 2003, 8:54 pm
Just Joined

wagtail is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Reply to Mark

I see Mark recommends contacting members of Nzami. Forget it! They are no better than any other agents, members or not. As for regulation, Nzami does not regulate their members. I had a complaint against one of their members - one of their BOARD members. That was nearly a year ago. They have not addressed the complaint and, from what I have experienced from their organisation to date, they have no intention of taking any action against 'one of their own' Be warned.
Old Aug 9th 2003, 10:45 pm
BE Enthusiast

Jamie Smith is just really niceJamie Smith is just really niceJamie Smith is just really niceJamie Smith is just really niceJamie Smith is just really niceJamie Smith is just really niceJamie Smith is just really niceJamie Smith is just really niceJamie Smith is just really nice
Default Re: Reply to Mark

Hi Wagtail

I had earlier suggest you contact NZAMI again, and gave you direct contact details. So far NZAMI do not report hearing from you again.

In the absence of NZAMI reply to you if you had in fact contacted them, would you like to send me a private message detailing all areas of your complaint, listed in chronological order with who said what or promised what?

Also please send a copy of the contract you signed with the agent.

There was a change in Baord at NZAMI AGM on Friday, so perhaps the new blood will look at things differently?

Please be assured that if there are issues to follow up they will be addressed.

If you don't contact NZAMI again or follow through on my offer, you might make it look like there are skeletons in your closet...

Originally posted by wagtail
I see Mark recommends contacting members of Nzami. Forget it! They are no better than any other agents, members or not. As for regulation, Nzami does not regulate their members. I had a complaint against one of their members - one of their BOARD members. That was nearly a year ago. They have not addressed the complaint and, from what I have experienced from their organisation to date, they have no intention of taking any action against 'one of their own' Be warned.
Old Aug 11th 2003, 12:55 am
Just Joined

Hello Jamie,

I last wrote to Nzami on 14 June; this followed various correspondence. No response has been received by me. Correspondence with Nzami, to date, seems to have been a one way street. I am grateful for your offer to send details, but this should not be necessary as Nzami already have these details in their possession. You should not have to ‘fill-in’ for Nzami, but thank you for your kind offer. I already tried writing to Mr Milne (Chairman), but he, like Nzami, has also been very unforthcoming.

For a complaint as straightforward as this to take this length of time to resolve is ridiculous and unacceptable. If there are any skeletons, I suggest they are more likely to be in Neville Broadley’s closet, not mine. I played faired with him, he made promises he obviously had no intention of keeping and, in my opinion, when he was about to be found out, our money disappeared, long with him.

As you can imagine, I am angry simply because I expected better of an organisation formed to combat the sort of treatment we have received by one of their own Board members and this, clearly is not happening. The phrase ‘adding insult to injury’ springs to mind at the moment!

Wagtail
Old Aug 11th 2003, 2:06 am
Here in Dunedin

southerner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond repute

Wagtail,

I don't know you - so have to form a judgement about you from limited info that you post.

If you don't want to pursue the matter with NZAMI then thats your prerogative. Jamie has volunteered to help out (probably because he feels some professional duty to, as you are berating an organisation he belongs to).

In your desire not to take the matter further (with the kindly offered assistance), then I can't help but feel that the facts may not be as clearcut as you would make out.

In this and a previous post you have made very strong accusations against NZAMI and a named member, and both times have declined to take it any further with Jamie's assistance.

Either act on your accusations, or stop defaming people in a public forum.

I'm sorry if I have misread this, but that is the most obvious conclusion that can be drawn from your posts.

Hello Jamie,

I last wrote to Nzami on 14 June; this followed various correspondence. No response has been received by me. Correspondence with Nzami, to date, seems to have been a one way street. I am grateful for your offer to send details, but this should not be necessary as Nzami already have these details in their possession. You should not have to ‘fill-in’ for Nzami, but thank you for your kind offer. I already tried writing to Mr Milne (Chairman), but he, like Nzami, has also been very unforthcoming.

For a complaint as straightforward as this to take this length of time to resolve is ridiculous and unacceptable. If there are any skeletons, I suggest they are more likely to be in Neville Broadley’s closet, not mine. I played faired with him, he made promises he obviously had no intention of keeping and, in my opinion, when he was about to be found out, our money disappeared, long with him.

As you can imagine, I am angry simply because I expected better of an organisation formed to combat the sort of treatment we have received by one of their own Board members and this, clearly is not happening. The phrase ‘adding insult to injury’ springs to mind at the moment!

Wagtail
Old Aug 12th 2003, 8:17 am
Just Joined

Yes, you hace misread the situation. I have tried to pursue this vigorously with Nzami, hence my posting on the net. Every time I have written to Nzami and asked questions I have received no reply to any of the questions asked. When I tried to ask the Chairman a couple of, what I consider to be, reasonable questions, ie how many complaints Nzami deal with, etc, he was outraged, as could be plainly seen from a copy of an e-mail sent to Keith Downs which was forwarded to me. Since then, I did write again to Nzami and, not surprisingly, they, once again, have not boithered to respond.

Nzami received our evidence, which was all contained in correspondence and could not be misconstrued and, to date, have done absolutely nothing, so the only conclusion I can draw is that they have no intention of regulating their own Board members, let alone any other members.

If you can suggest how I can extract anything constructive action from this organisation, I would be happy to hear it
Old Aug 12th 2003, 8:36 pm
Here in Dunedin

southerner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond repute

Then take up Jamie Smith's offer of assistance!

Yes, you hace misread the situation. I have tried to pursue this vigorously with Nzami, hence my posting on the net. Every time I have written to Nzami and asked questions I have received no reply to any of the questions asked. When I tried to ask the Chairman a couple of, what I consider to be, reasonable questions, ie how many complaints Nzami deal with, etc, he was outraged, as could be plainly seen from a copy of an e-mail sent to Keith Downs which was forwarded to me. Since then, I did write again to Nzami and, not surprisingly, they, once again, have not boithered to respond.

Nzami received our evidence, which was all contained in correspondence and could not be misconstrued and, to date, have done absolutely nothing, so the only conclusion I can draw is that they have no intention of regulating their own Board members, let alone any other members.

If you can suggest how I can extract anything constructive action from this organisation, I would be happy to hear it
Old Aug 20th 2003, 12:19 am
BE Enthusiast

Jamie Smith is just really niceJamie Smith is just really niceJamie Smith is just really niceJamie Smith is just really niceJamie Smith is just really niceJamie Smith is just really niceJamie Smith is just really niceJamie Smith is just really niceJamie Smith is just really nice

My offer still stands.

I also endorse Southerner's comments - you make ME think that you've significantly contributed to the problem, as you don't seem to want to pursue a second chance to sort this out with the same enthusiasm as you like to write about it.

I'll still help your case if you care to follow through.

Perhaps the moderator might care to comment ...???

Regards

take up

Old Aug 30th 2003, 11:50 pm
Just Joined

Originally posted by Jamie Smith
My offer still stands.

I also endorse Southerner's comments - you make ME think that you've significantly contributed to the problem, as you don't seem to want to pursue a second chance to sort this out with the same enthusiasm as you like to write about it.

I'll still help your case if you care to follow through.

Perhaps the moderator might care to comment ...???

Regards

take up
Old Aug 30th 2003, 11:51 pm
Just Joined

I have just picked up your post and have the following comments to make:-

 In earlier correspondence you told me that Jo Rose-Duvall was the appropriate person at Nzami with the power to resolve complaint. You have also told me that you are not on the Complaints Committee. If you can explain to me what power, delegated or otherwise, you have to resolve my complaint on behalf of Nzami, then I would be happy to take up your offer. Until then, so far as I am concerned, it is the Complaints Committee AND ONLY the Complaints Committee of Nzami that has that power.

 Assuming that you have no express authority delegated to you by Nzami to resolve my complaint (and, incidentally, I would be only too delighted to hear that you have such authority), the most help that you could possibly give to me would be to use your influence as a member of the Board of Nzami to encourage the Complaints Committee to formally address my complaint and bring it to a speedy resolution.

 I repeat that I have already provided all the information pertaining to my complaint to Nzami within the time limits it prescribed. I do not propose to incur further expense in copying and posting to you in New Zealand yet another copy of the documentation that the Complaints Committee of Nzami already has. I do not think that is unreasonable.

The plain, simple truth is that I made a complaint to Nzami some ELEVEN months ago through the formal channels about the service provided not only by one of its members, but by a member that sat on the Nzami Board. I have done my utmost to persuade NZAMI to resolve my complaint, but I have heard nothing whatsoever from them through official channels since February, despite later correspondence from me.

Though we each have differing perspectives on this, and, naturally, I am angry at the lack of progress on the part of Nzami, I had thought that our earlier correspondence had retained a measure of civility, whilst putting our respective points robustly. I am sorry to see, therefore, that you have resorted to a more acerbic tone in your last post. I resent any suggestion that I have contributed to the problem, having followed, to the letter, the official channels and all that they have required of me. I would be only too pleased, as I am sure you would too since I imagine you have better things to do with your time, to simply hear something OFFICIALLY from the Complaints Committee of Nzami as to when, if ever, my complaint will be resolved.

Regards
Old Aug 31st 2003, 1:01 am
BE Enthusiast

Gra.B is an unknown quantity at this point

You have also told me that you are not on the Complaints Committee. If you can explain to me what power, delegated or otherwise, you have to resolve my complaint on behalf of Nzami, then I would be happy to take up your offer....
The words 'ungrateful' & 'git' spring to mind here. Anyone with any sense would jump at the chance of help, especially from the 'inside'. As for his 'tone' I imagine Jamie is just as frustrated as you are but for different reasons. He's offered to help you on numerous occasions.

Jamie, don't waste your time.